Gunny's Thread on Religion

By reading some of the posts, it seems that some lack understanding, with regards to the existence of God. For those who doubt the existence of God, what makes you doubt such?

How could you be so sure that God does not exist?

What was the number one tell-tell sign to convince you that there might not be a God?

Just like any argument, one must completely understand what the author is stating before agreeing, disagreeing, and or challenging.

By reading some of the posts, it seems that some lack understanding, with regards to the existence of God. For those who doubt the existence of God, what makes you doubt such?

Lack of physical evidence, empirical data, and logic.

I can't be 100% sure, but I'm pretty sure.

What was the number one tell-tell sign to convince you that there might not be a God?

There are a number of number 1's:

All the believers of religion in the world have great reasons why they don't believe in any other god(s). All their reasons combined are why I don't believe in any god(s).

The unrealistic, supernatural stories that most religions are founded upon.

The deeds done in religion's name.

...and more!

Just like any argument, one must completely understand what the author is stating before agreeing, disagreeing, and or challenging.

For any valid argument that might convince, agreed.

All the believers of religion in the world have great reasons why they don't believe in any other god(s). All their reasons combined are why I don't believe in any god(s).

...and more!

For the record, I do believe in other gods; I do not worship other gods. I believe Mollech is alive and well and has been renamed (look that one up and tell me if you know the new name).

For the record, I do believe in other gods; I do not worship other gods. I believe Mollech is alive and well and has been renamed (look that one up and tell me if you know the new name).

Are you being sarcastic, logical4u?

I sure hope so.

No, I am not being sacrastic. If you read Jerimiah, it talks about the New Covenant, and states the the "gods" will be banished. I am not sure if they are loose, but it appears they are still influencing man.

impossible by definition, if "God"= the Abrahamic god

demonstrably non-existent

Is it God or a god? Make up your mind.

...and more!

Have you ever believed in God?

What do you mean by impossible by definition?

The Abraham god is a round triangular square with parallel sides intersection at 17 degrees.

Defined as all-knowing: demonstrably false through basic epistemological exercises. How can God he was not created by an ultra-god? Not to mention being described as asking questions he didn't know the answer to.

Described as possessing limitless power: Can he make a rock he can't lift?

Described as "perfect" and also "jealous" where jealousy is a "sin" and sin means one is imperfect.

Not to mention the fact that none of the texts of the Abrahamic collection agree with eachother.

The Abraham god is a round triangular square with parallel sides intersection at 17 degrees.

Defined as all-knowing: demonstrably false through basic epistemological exercises. How can God he was not created by an ultra-god? Not to mention being described as asking questions he didn't know the answer to.

Described as possessing limitless power: Can he make a rock he can't lift?

Described as "perfect" and also "jealous" where jealousy is a "sin" and sin means one is imperfect.

Not to mention the fact that none of the texts of the Abrahamic collection agree with eachother.

Is it possible for you to list some specifications for that rock of which you speak?

The text is allegorical. Through wisdom and understanding will the meanings be revealed.

What does it matter, what kind of rock it is? can he make a rock so large and massive that he cannot move it?

Face it, the Abrahamic deity is self-contradictory and impossible definition. Therefore it cannot and does not exist.

What does it matter, what kind of rock it is? can he make a rock so large and massive that he cannot move it?

Face it, the Abrahamic deity is self-contradictory and impossible definition. Therefore it cannot and does not exist.

It matters very much as you can see, That question has no real result.

The premise you provide is not a good reason to draw your conclusion. Something is wrong with your inferential claim.

You are unable to demonstrate anything wrong with my reasoning.

Your concession is noted.

Let the record show that, one gain, judaism/christianity/islam/etc has been disproven

You are unable to demonstrate anything wrong with my reasoning.

Your concession is noted.

Let the record show that, one gain, judaism/christianity/islam/etc has been disproven

You cannot be serious. It will never be disproved. "Disproven" is not a word. But that is irrelevant.

Your reasoning is very flawed. You define something, and say it does not and cannot exist by your definition. That is fallacious. That is why it is impossible for you to apply your so called logic to this subject. That is why your reasoning is flawed.

If I write a poem, using metaphors and symbolisms, I know what they mean. Someone with enough wisdom and understanding can figure it out. That appears to be the problem here.

Some people seem to be very logical and rational until you hear them speak about God, then you see they can be very illogical and irrational.

Now, have you ever believed in God?

Setarcos follows the fallacious premise and definition. Work with it, gang, and you will unhinge his arguemnts in short time.

Bullshit. The Abrahamic deity is beyond the comprehension of man. Just because you can't figure it out doesn't mean it doesn't exist. If man took that attitude, we wouldn't have fire, let alone the ability to manipulate atoms.

Forum List

Back