Guns and Self Defense

That had already been done.

And it could have been done again.

Or we could have made it impossible for him to have legally purchased guns in the first place. Mental illness isn't a crime. It's not up to law enforcement to manage his treatment.

Was he ever declared mentally ill?

I assume there would be a record of the proceedings

Why don't you find out?

Don't care to.

You're the one who claimed he had been evaluated before this incident not me

He had been. Read an article or two. You're here with plenty of opinions on something you obviously don't even care to know or understand.

I asked you if it existed. But I guess you can't answer the question. But the CDC did come to the conclusion that guns are an important deterrent CDC Study: Use of Firearms for Self-Defense is ‘Important Crime Deterrent’
`
Wow, ONE incomplete report by the CDC summing this up, and I quote; "have found consistently lower injury rates among gun-using crime victims compared with victims who used other self-protective strategies,” the CDC study, entitled “Priorities For Research to Reduce the Threat of Firearm-Related Violence,” states. You didn't even read the thing. Its talking about INJURY RATES in self-defense, not the proliferation of guns for defense of students in schools. I should have known better than to ask you for proof.

BTW, why did the republicans refuse to fund the CDC for more research on gun violence?
`

And it could have been done again.

Or we could have made it impossible for him to have legally purchased guns in the first place. Mental illness isn't a crime. It's not up to law enforcement to manage his treatment.

Was he ever declared mentally ill?

I assume there would be a record of the proceedings

Why don't you find out?

Don't care to.

You're the one who claimed he had been evaluated before this incident not me

He had been. Read an article or two. You're here with plenty of opinions on something you obviously don't even care to know or understand.

That's rigth

I really don't care but even though you stated the fact you will not post anything so I'll discount your assertion as I do most of the things you post

I asked you if it existed. But I guess you can't answer the question. But the CDC did come to the conclusion that guns are an important deterrent CDC Study: Use of Firearms for Self-Defense is ‘Important Crime Deterrent’
`
Wow, ONE incomplete report by the CDC summing this up, and I quote; "have found consistently lower injury rates among gun-using crime victims compared with victims who used other self-protective strategies,” the CDC study, entitled “Priorities For Research to Reduce the Threat of Firearm-Related Violence,” states. You didn't even read the thing. Its talking about INJURY RATES in self-defense, not the proliferation of guns for defense of students in schools. I should have known better than to ask you for proof.

BTW, why did the republicans refuse to fund the CDC for more research on gun violence?
`

Well then where is all your "good research"

And is self defense in a school fundamentally different from self defense everywhere else?

`
Gun_nut_logic.jpg

Yet more people die in our gun free zone schools.
Imagine that.

Thanks to the anti firearms nuts that encourage me to become more familiar the applicable laws ... :thup:

Here is copy of the applicable law in my state in regards to legally owned firearms and "Gun Free Zones"
Take note to the 5th exception ... Most people don't realize that in our state your vehicle is considered an extension of your home ... And therefore is "private property".
I didn't know that the exceptions applied to "school" gun free zones until I contacted the State Police for clarification.

R.S. 14:95.6 Firearm-Free Zone; Notice; Signs; Crime; Penalties
A. A "firearm-free zone" is an area inclusive of any school campus and within one thousand feet of any such school campus, and within a school bus, wherein the possession of firearms is prohibited, except as specifically set forth in Subsection B of this Section and R.S. 14:95.2

B. The Provisions of This Section Shall not Apply To:
(1) A federal, state, or local law enforcement building.
(2) A military base.
(3) A commercial establishment which is permitted by law to have firearms or armed security.
(4) Private premises where a firearm is kept pursuant to law.
(5) Any constitutionally protected activity within the firearm-free zone, such as a firearm contained entirely within a motor vehicle.

You don't even have to have a Conceal and Carry permit to have a firearm in your vehicle.
And since your vehicle is "private property" ... You can keep that firearm in your vehicle loaded, one in the chamber and the safety "off" (not recommended but legal).

The best thing to do if you have questions about the applicable laws in your area ...
Contact the State Police ... I have found them to be quite helpful in ensuring you are both compliant with the laws and armed.

Last edited:
Florida Killer Slays 17 in Gun Free Zone
Dear Friend:

Our thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families in Florida.

floridavalentinesdayshooting.jpg

I’m sure that by now, you’ve heard about the tragic school shooting that took place yesterday in Broward County.

And if you have been following the news, no doubt you’ve been disgusted by the commentary.

It’s getting quite old.

Here we have another shooting in a Gun Free Zone.

Another gunman was able to roam about freely without any armed teacher or principal opposing him -- even

Gun Grabbers Using Florida Shooting to Come After Your Guns | Current Action Alerts

Load of crap. You don't need religion to not be a criminal, you just need empathy for others. My stance is, "how would I wish to be treated? And the answer is kindly."

Some people need the fear of God in em to make em behave.
Others dont.
What we don't need is prayer in the schools. It's the parents responsibility to determine what their child learns. If you want your children to get religion, that's what you have churches and religious school teachings for. Public schools are comprised of students whose parents are, Sikhs, Hindus, Buddhists, Jewish, Muslims, Agnostics and Atheists, as well as Christian. They send their children to public school to learn reading, writing, mathematics, science (actual science, not religious nonsense), history (American and world) and economics. They don't send their children there to be, is indoctrinated into Christianity.

Load of crap. You don't need religion to not be a criminal, you just need empathy for others. My stance is, "how would I wish to be treated? And the answer is kindly."

Some people need the fear of God in em to make em behave.
Others dont.
What we don't need is prayer in the schools. It's the parents responsibility to determine what their child learns. If you want your children to get religion, that's what you have churches and religious school teachings for. Public schools are comprised of students whose parents are, Sikhs, Hindus, Buddhists, Jewish, Muslims, Agnostics and Atheists, as well as Christian. They send their children to public school to learn reading, writing, mathematics, science (actual science, not religious nonsense), history (American and world) and economics. They don't send their children there to be, is indoctrinated into Christianity.

Most dont have a problem with prayer in school.
As a non practicing Christian I surely dont mind it.

And what schools surely have no right to teach is the acceptance of the fag culture.

Forum List

Back