guns for everyone

And? You think criminals only use stolen guns?
The vast majority of criminal behavior... yes.
The Fact remains, frivolous gun laws do not cut down on violent crime…

And we've reached the end of another chance for a gun nut to at least acknowledge reality instead of just repeating worn out gun nut talking points. Nobody can ever get through their blind adherence to their rhetoric, but we all should at least try occasionally.
The fact remains in areas of the country were firearms outnumber people many, many times over… Less violent crime

Believe hat you want. You're too dumb for me to help you.
Show me an urban area where firearms outnumber people…

Sorry. My time for gun nuts has expired for today. Try back in a few days, or if you ever grow a brain.

Not buying from a licensed dealer
You neglected to point out that those states only don't require gun sales to be conducted by an FFL (requiring a Federal Background Check) but have state laws prohibiting the transfer of firearms to those persons who would be ineligible on a background check. Some are much stricter than the federal requirements. Alabama, for example, forbids selling a handgun to someone who is a habitual drunk (not something prohibited under Federal law.

The belief that a prohibited person can legally buy a firearm in any of those states is untrue.
There is no check of any kind. The seller is not obligated to know, or even ask if the purchaser is eligible or not. You got the money, they are perfectly legal selling you the gun. Don't start playing dumb on me now. A simple instant background check would notify the seller who he shouldn't sell the gun to, and give him liability for selling to known bad guys.

That's not true, if you sell to a prohibited person you are subject to legal penalties. The vast majority of private sales occur between friend and families who know the other person well.

So how is a seller supposed to know if the buyer is prohibited? That's what background checks THAT WE DON'T HAVE would solve.

Maybe you should go to a remedial reading class, then you might understand the last sentence in my post.

I understand what the words say. I just don't understand how you could come to that conclusion. No requirement to report or record individual sales. How do you know most are sales between friends and family? You got a credible link to back that up?

I've owned guns for 54 years, pretty much everyone I know owns guns and none of us would buy a gun from a stranger not knowing if it had a body on it or not. If by chance I were to buy from a stranger, I would get their ID and inform them I was going to check the serial numbers with local police. It can be done responsibly, more laws aren't the answer.

The vast majority of criminal behavior... yes.
The Fact remains, frivolous gun laws do not cut down on violent crime…

And we've reached the end of another chance for a gun nut to at least acknowledge reality instead of just repeating worn out gun nut talking points. Nobody can ever get through their blind adherence to their rhetoric, but we all should at least try occasionally.
The fact remains in areas of the country were firearms outnumber people many, many times over… Less violent crime

Believe hat you want. You're too dumb for me to help you.
Show me an urban area where firearms outnumber people…

Sorry. My time for gun nuts has expired for today. Try back in a few days, or if you ever grow a brain.
Just as I figured, you have nothing to back up what you say

unless you are buying from a licensed dealer.

Where, precisely, can one legally do that anywhere in the US?

The following states have no background check of any kind unless you are buying from a licensed dealer.

Any private seller can sell you a gun out of the trunk of his car without even asking your name. No background check, no record, no paper work of any kind.

Alabama

Alaska

Arizona

Arkansas

Georgia

Idaho

Indiana

Kansas

Kentucky

Louisiana

Mississippi

Missouri

Montana

New Mexico

North Dakota

Ohio

Oklahoma

South Carolina

South Dakota

Tennessee

Texas

Utah

Vermont

Virginia

West Virginia

Wisconsin

Wyoming

You neglected to point out that those states only don't require gun sales to be conducted by an FFL (requiring a Federal Background Check) but have state laws prohibiting the transfer of firearms to those persons who would be ineligible on a background check. Some are much stricter than the federal requirements. Alabama, for example, forbids selling a handgun to someone who is a habitual drunk (not something prohibited under Federal law.

The belief that a prohibited person can legally buy a firearm in any of those states is untrue.
There is no check of any kind. The seller is not obligated to know, or even ask if the purchaser is eligible or not. You got the money, they are perfectly legal selling you the gun. Don't start playing dumb on me now. A simple instant background check would notify the seller who he shouldn't sell the gun to, and give him liability for selling to known bad guys.

That's not true, if you sell to a prohibited person you are subject to legal penalties. The vast majority of private sales occur between friend and families who know the other person well.

So how is a seller supposed to know if the buyer is prohibited? That's what background checks THAT WE DON'T HAVE would solve.
He's not and he doesn't need to know. It's perfectly legal to sell a gun to someone. What would have worked if liberal criminal lover gun banners hadn't defeated it, was the NRA backed 5 year mandatory prison time for having/using a gun in crime. Why did libs kill that law?

Maybe you should go to a remedial reading class, then you might understand the last sentence in my post.

I understand what the words say. I just don't understand how you could come to that conclusion. No requirement to report or record individual sales. How do you know most are sales between friends and family? You got a credible link to back that up?

I've owned guns for 54 years, pretty much everyone I know owns guns and none of us would buy a gun from a stranger not knowing if it had a body on it or not. If by chance I were to buy from a stranger, I would get their ID and inform them I was going to check the serial numbers with local police. It can be done responsibly, more laws aren't the answer.

It can be. No reason to believe it will be.

unless you are buying from a licensed dealer.

The following states have no background check of any kind unless you are buying from a licensed dealer.

Any private seller can sell you a gun out of the trunk of his car without even asking your name. No background check, no record, no paper work of any kind.

Alabama

Alaska

Arizona

Arkansas

Georgia

Idaho

Indiana

Kansas

Kentucky

Louisiana

Mississippi

Missouri

Montana

New Mexico

North Dakota

Ohio

Oklahoma

South Carolina

South Dakota

Tennessee

Texas

Utah

Vermont

Virginia

West Virginia

Wisconsin

Wyoming

He's not and he doesn't need to know. It's perfectly legal to sell a gun to someone. What would have worked if liberal criminal lover gun banners hadn't defeated it, was the NRA backed 5 year mandatory prison time for having/using a gun in crime. Why did libs kill that law?

Don't you have someone else to stalk?

No answer as usual? Guns aren't the problem. Liberals are.

It can be. No reason to believe it will be.

Typical fucking regressive, treat everyone like they're a criminal until they prove they're not. Well except real criminals.

Glad to hear it Mikey. I've asked you to quit stalking me, and I don't know if westall is here to protect you this time, so you might want to don't.

Glad to hear it Mikey. I've asked you to quit stalking me, and I don't know if westall is here to protect you this time, so you might want to don't.
Making false innuendo is the liberal time honored tactic. You are all doing it to Trump now. But replying to your post is not stalking you. Guns are not the problem. Criminals are.

Those considerations are never determined when anyone can buy a gun without any background check.

Alabama

Alaska

Arizona

Arkansas

Georgia

Idaho

Indiana

Kansas

Kentucky

Louisiana

Mississippi

Missouri

Montana

New Mexico

North Dakota

Ohio

Oklahoma

South Carolina

South Dakota

Tennessee

Texas

Utah

Vermont

Virginia

West Virginia

Wisconsin

Wyoming
Millions of guns are sold, how many are used in crimes? A tiny percentage of a tiny percentage of a tiny percentage

So you think gun crime is not a problem. Typical gun nut.

No, "gun crime" is not a problem. Gang bangers with guns are a problem. Lock them up and don't let them out and the violent crime problem plummets. You assholes continuously let them out though. Why?
It costs money, right winger; why not enact, war on crime tax rates?

Alabama

Alaska

Arizona

Arkansas

Georgia

Idaho

Indiana

Kansas

Kentucky

Louisiana

Mississippi

Missouri

Montana

New Mexico

North Dakota

Ohio

Oklahoma

South Carolina

South Dakota

Tennessee

Texas

Utah

Vermont

Virginia

West Virginia

Wisconsin

Wyoming
Millions of guns are sold, how many are used in crimes? A tiny percentage of a tiny percentage of a tiny percentage

No, "gun crime" is not a problem. Gang bangers with guns are a problem. Lock them up and don't let them out and the violent crime problem plummets. You assholes continuously let them out though. Why?

What....less for you? Get a fricken job.

Alabama

Alaska

Arizona

Arkansas

Georgia

Idaho

Indiana

Kansas

Kentucky

Louisiana

Mississippi

Missouri

Montana

New Mexico

North Dakota

Ohio

Oklahoma

South Carolina

South Dakota

Tennessee

Texas

Utah

Vermont

Virginia

West Virginia

Wisconsin

Wyoming

No mention of how much crime costs.

Alabama

Alaska

Arizona

Arkansas

Georgia

Idaho

Indiana

Kansas

Kentucky

Louisiana

Mississippi

Missouri

Montana

New Mexico

North Dakota

Ohio

Oklahoma

South Carolina

South Dakota

Tennessee

Texas

Utah

Vermont

Virginia

West Virginia

Wisconsin

Wyoming

What....less for you? Get a fricken job.
there is no unemployment, Only underpayment (capital) slackers.

Forum List

Back