GUNS

Billy_Kinetta

Paladin of the Lost Hour
Mar 4, 2013
Stopped for breakfast after my annual check-up this morning. Two guys were sitting with pistols strapped openly. Crowded restaurant, no one paid any attention. Sign of the times. :)

I was tempted however to lean over and tell them how stupid they were. I wouldn't want any potential perps to know I had a weapon until it was too late for them to react. Just common sense.

Stopped for breakfast after my annual check-up this morning. Two guys were sitting with pistols strapped openly. Crowded restaurant, no one paid any attention. Sign of the times. :)

I was tempted however to lean over and tell them how stupid they were. I wouldn't want any potential perps to know I had a weapon until it was too late for them to react. Just common sense.

there is a tactical reason to concealed carry, but there is also a real need to show the general,public that law abiding gun ownership is no big deal. Otherwise they will believe the anti gun extremists and their lies about gun ownership and gun owners...that is why the anti gun extremists fight to force concealed carry on people when they have to allow some kind of carry in a state. they want it hidden so people won't get over their fear of guns and owners.

another reason...if you can't open carry, then anytime you accidentally reveal your pistol, you get in trouble with the law.

It depends on the situation. I have worn a sidearm openly in a restaurant before. Mainly it was because the vehicle I was in was not secure enough and I was wearing it for a specific reason (scouting hunting land or something similar). But it was always out someplace rural. They don't seem to notice.

It depends on the situation. I have worn a sidearm openly in a restaurant before. Mainly it was because the vehicle I was in was not secure enough and I was wearing it for a specific reason (scouting hunting land or something similar). But it was always out someplace rural. They don't seem to notice.
..It is "natural" in rural areas..and it is good.

Forum List

Back