Guy registers guns online, gets raided by cops and charged with felony in California

"Illegally modified gun"

Registered or not that will get you arrested.
He registered them in good faith. Did not hide the "fact." He may have been unaware of the legality because of the ever changing gun laws as it is pointed out by an ex police chief.

If he honestly thought a machine gun was legal to register online, he should be arrested for being stupid.
An AR-15 isn't a machine gun, you dumbass.

"Illegally modified gun"

He registered them in good faith. Did not hide the "fact." He may have been unaware of the legality because of the ever changing gun laws as it is pointed out by an ex police chief.

If he honestly thought a machine gun was legal to register online, he should be arrested for being stupid.

An illegally modified one is.

How would the ATF be able to tell he illegally modified it to be a machine gun from a picture?

I am pretty sure all modifications are internal.

"Illegally modified gun"

About to be illegal everywhere. Hurry up, gun-fuckers! get yours, now!

"Illegally modified gun"

So, we do not know what the modification was. If it was a fully automatic conversion without select fire option, it couldn't be determined from a picture of the gun in general since the fire control group is inside the firearm. Could have been a bayonet lug what doesn't have any effect on the firing rate of the firearm? All is speculation at this time on our part since the article doesn't specify anything.
Pull your panties out of your ass and calm down.

"Illegally modified gun"

Depends on the modification.
Usually liberals think a more scary looking gun is more deadly.
its-because-im-black-isnt-it-endo-gun-blog-black-3088197.png

"Illegally modified gun"

Your post reveals how ignorant you are about firearms. Even an idiot is assumed to be smart as long as he keeps his mouth shut.

"Illegally modified gun"

Please, you already displayed you are an idiot concerning firearms. You are jus digging yourself in deeper and deeper, wallowing in the mire of your stupidity.
A fully automatic rifle is not a machine gun.

Reminds me of the time CA legalized pot growing only to discover that pot growers who complied with the new laws were raided soon after.

Drug war overkill: A pot bust against legal growers in Yolo County seems to go too far

"If ever you needed proof that we live in an age of confusion about marijuana laws, let me share with you the story of Ted Hicks and Ryan Mears, two Sacramento-area entrepreneurs who decided to start a legal medical cannabis business last year and ended up on the business end of assault rifles wielded by officers from a multi-agency, anti-drug task force.

I first heard about the case from Yolo County Supervisor Don Saylor in September, at a "State of Marijuana" conference aboard the Queen Mary in Long Beach. Saylor, who was on a panel discussing how cities and counties were dealing with cannabis regulation, said that Hicks and Mears and their business, Big Red Farms, were considered by county officials to be "shining stars" in the cannabis licensing arena.

"They looked for guidance, they complied, they set up irrigation systems, drainage, applied for Water Quality Control Board permits, all in place, then something like this happens," said Saylor, who compared the raids, which took place simultaneously at four locations, to "terrorist activity."

"The children are traumatized," he said, "and the grown-ups are still shaking from the experience."

I can confirm the part about the grown-ups. I sat with Hicks and Mears on Wednesday in the office of their Sacramento attorney, Mark Reichel, and both grew tearful as they recalled the terror they felt when dozens of gun-wielding officers pounded on their front doors the morning of Sept. 14.

"I told my 2-year-old son to stay upstairs," said Mears, 35. "When I opened the security door, there were 15 cops with assault rifles drawn, pointed, with their fingers on the trigger, in vests, ski masks. They grabbed me and pulled me out front, put me in handcuffs. There were 20 to 30 officers. My son walked downstairs and my wife had to grab him. They had guns pulled on them. It was real painful."

"Easily, it was the worst day of my life," said Hicks, 43. "Every gun you can imagine was pointed at me. I was like, 'Why is this happening?' To add icing to the cake, it was my son's fourth birthday."

The Winters farm where they cultivated was searched. Their crop, more than 1,000 plants, was destroyed. Nearby, the home of the man they leased the farm from, Ravi Tumber, was raided as well. Tumber, 48, who had his own small licensed medical cannabis grow at the farm, was standing in a vineyard below his hilltop home, harvesting Syrah grapes. The sight of all the cop cars coming down his road put him in mind of immigration busts. "I thought, 'My guys are legal. What is happening?'"

Officers broke down his front door but didn't cuff him. Still, he said, "The extreme place they went boggled my mind."

Last week, Hicks and Mears were charged by Yolo County prosecutors with two criminal counts: illegally cultivating marijuana, a misdemeanor, and conspiracy for planning "to commit sales of marijuana," a felony. Each carries a potential sentence of a year in jail, according to Reichel. (Tumber has not been charged.)

"The cops were cracking jokes the whole time," said Mears, who wears his long red beard in a distinctive braid. "They said, 'None of this is going to matter in a couple months anyway because of Proposition 64.' I said, 'Then why are you tearing apart my house and my family?' They said, 'We're just doing our jobs.'"

But are they?

On Nov. 9, nearly 60% of Yolo County voters approved Proposition 64, which legalized pot for adult recreational use in California. I have to believe one reason Proposition 64 passed so handily is that the public has had it with expensive, heavy-handed raids that result in relatively minor charges against people who are trying to stay inside the lines.

"As you are trying to develop policy, you are going out to all these folks who are cultivating and you are trying to bring them into the regulatory framework," said Yolo County Agriculture Commissioner John Young. "When something like this occurs, it is counterproductive to compliance."

::

The rules governing the marijuana industry in this state are a complex, contradictory morass that will take years to sort out.

"Illegally modified gun"

I'm pretty sure a gun's color isn't an illegal modification.

Here is this guy from a prominent farming family who wanted to comply with California's new gun law requiring gun registration. He is a good law abiding citizen and goes online to register his guns. Next thing you know, he gets raided and charged with multiple felony possession. Hahaha... that's what you get when listening to gun grabbers. "We don't want to confiscate your guns, just register them to prevent shootings." GTFO

"According to court documents, the California Department of Justice raided Jeffrey Scott Kirschenmann's home last month, after he tried to register an illegally modified gun online through the state's website. [...]
According to court documents, the DOJ began investigating Kirschenmann when he electronically submitted photos of an illegally modified AR-15-style firearm. [...]
Retired KCSO Commander Joe Pilkington is a court recognized firearms expert. He could not speak directly to Kirschenmann's case but says the laws are changing so frequently, it's often hard to keep up with the latest regulations.
"Just in the last few years, there have been lots of changes in gun laws," he said. "Making an effort, a good faith effort to comply with these really complicated laws, should count for something." [...]
"There is this self-registration application on the Department of Justice website, but it may be better to talk to an FFL. Someone who has a license, to talk through whatever these complications are.""

Member of prominent farming family faces felony weapons charges

"Guy registers guns online, gets raided by cops and charged with felony in California"

Well what do you expect it is California:

zp34a-6SRL6_iXcu8s4Lqw.png

"Illegally modified gun"

Ignorance of the law is not an excuse. A responsible gun owner should be familiar with the laws pertaining to his firearms.

Would you expect leniency if you didn't see the speed limit sign?

Once you register, you can BECOME A CRIMINAL with the stroke of a pen. That's the ugly truth. So it has nothing to do (in the long run) of knowing the laws at the time you register. What it eventually looks like is what it looked like Australia with the govt TAUNTING law-abiding citizens with crap like this.

Australia-Gun-Amnesty.jpg

What I have or may not have is not any business of the federal "gubermint" that operates under courts of admiralty and believes that they control all vessels. Are you a "person" or a human being? There is a difference as it pertains to the courts...gotta know your standing.

I'm pretty sure a gun's color isn't an illegal modification.
Jesus you're dumb.
Guns are usually dark....sometimes with a wooden stock.
This one has a BLACK collapsible stock.
SCARY!!!

"Illegally modified gun"

Ignorance of the law is not an excuse. A responsible gun owner should be familiar with the laws pertaining to his firearms.

Once you register, you can BECOME A CRIMINAL with the stroke of a pen. That's the ugly truth. So it has nothing to do (in the long run) of knowing the laws at the time you register. What it eventually looks like is what it looked like Australia with the govt TAUNTING law-abiding citizens with crap like this.

Wow, that's Nazi.

"Illegally modified gun"

Wow, that's Nazi.

What it is -- is the ARROGANCE of govt with that much power. HUMBLE is better for leadership..

Here is this guy from a prominent farming family who wanted to comply with California's new gun law requiring gun registration. He is a good law abiding citizen and goes online to register his guns. Next thing you know, he gets raided and charged with multiple felony possession. Hahaha... that's what you get when listening to gun grabbers. "We don't want to confiscate your guns, just register them to prevent shootings." GTFO

"According to court documents, the California Department of Justice raided Jeffrey Scott Kirschenmann's home last month, after he tried to register an illegally modified gun online through the state's website. [...]
According to court documents, the DOJ began investigating Kirschenmann when he electronically submitted photos of an illegally modified AR-15-style firearm. [...]
Retired KCSO Commander Joe Pilkington is a court recognized firearms expert. He could not speak directly to Kirschenmann's case but says the laws are changing so frequently, it's often hard to keep up with the latest regulations.
"Just in the last few years, there have been lots of changes in gun laws," he said. "Making an effort, a good faith effort to comply with these really complicated laws, should count for something." [...]
"There is this self-registration application on the Department of Justice website, but it may be better to talk to an FFL. Someone who has a license, to talk through whatever these complications are.""

Member of prominent farming family faces felony weapons charges

I visited California approx 6 years ago I went to visit a friend in Walnut Creek just outside Oakland and we went to San Francisco across The Golden Gate Bridge and also we went and spend a week in Lake Tahoe but I think that's in Nevada but it's near California. Anyhow I'm pleased I visited California before it became a Shit Hole full of Illegal Savages and Far Left Commie Maniacs.

I have friends who live in Lake Arrowhead though and they tell me that Lake Arrowhead is still normal and there are no Illegal Savages and OMG 80% of the population are WHITE PEOPLES and 20% are Hispanic but the Hispanics work as the House Servants of the 80% White peoples you know mowing the lawn, washing the autos, keeping the pool clean etc - I posted there deliberately and provocatively I did as a :fu:to the Far Left Commie Maniacs who HATE White peoples and WORSHIP those Illegal savages. So I think post-Kid E arriving I think we could go and visit our friends in Lake Arrowhead which is still normal and safe.

"Illegally modified gun"

I think we are all aware of that "dumbass".

Forum List

Back