h.r. 350 Domestic Terrorism Prevention Act of 2022

I've read this bill and have no major problem with it.
After you read the bill, tell me what it is that has your ass in a twist.

The bill references to another law for the definition of a domestic terrorist.

18 U.S. Code § 2331 - Definitions​

(5) the term “domestic terrorism” means activities that—
(A)
involve acts dangerous to human life that are a violation of the criminal laws of the United States or of any State;

(B)appear to be intended—
(i)
to intimidate or coerce a civilian population;
(ii)
to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or
(iii)
to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination, or kidnapping; and
C) occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the United States; and
So if someone has a few brews watching a football game, and get into a shoving match, which could be dangerous to human life, they are a domestic terrorist?

I remember the line. It is one line out of the whole bill, to root out white supremacists organizational infiltration into the uniform services and Fed law enforcement agencies. Would you prefer them to be infiltrated by white supremacist organizations at will? The vast majority of the bill is about domestic terrorism organizations in general.
Do you have some other domestic terrorism organizations, you would prefer added to the list in specific? If so, contact your Senator, as HR350 passed the house and the related bill in the US Senate in S.963.
What is the definition of a white supremacist?

Didn't like Bush, but his intent was only to use HLS to go after terrorist and to go after those confused American's that would harbor or collaborate with the enemy.
Good intentions by Son-of-a-Bush? Good intentions pave the road to hell, don't they?
Those were some long, complex bills, creating and putting in place a whole new Federal agency, just because the Federal agencies in place could not be told to work together to do that, which they were already mandated to do, as they do not trust each other with their information or sharing of mandates and resources, so we created a new one, nobody trusts, with greater powers, that was used to martial forces from several federal agencies to go into states in unidentifiable uniforms, snatch people off the streets in snatch and grabs, drive them around handcuffed and blind folded in rental vans to be released later with no charges or arrest records, because the military refused to go against the constitution and do the skulduggery for that administration, until the governors insisted they be removed from their state(s). I am sure you have problems with how the FISA courts operate and the Patriot act means your cell phone provider gives the government an undocumented look at all you text and metadata.
Compared to what has gone on at the hands of Republican administration and politics, 1-1/2 pages of HR 350 and S. 963 do not bother me at all.

Last edited:
Is it FISA itself or the way our government officials use in in ways that were never authorized by law?
Sadly, I think they are authorized. When FISA does something Fkd up, it is not within view, not subject to freedom of information and if known, is blame on a low level schlep accidentally straying on the filing for the warrant. A slap of the hand, then drop some holy water, and it's all good.

Someone did warn us when they repeatedly kept denying the passage of the previous versions of the Patriot Act.
Lebowski.gif

Sadly, I think they are authorized. When FISA does something Fkd up, it is not within view, not subject to freedom of information and if known, is blame on a low level schlep accidentally straying on the filing for the warrant. A slap of the hand, then drop some holy water, and it's all good.
The FBI abuses that Eagle is complaining about are not lawful use of the FISA courts because they have been lying to the judges in order to obtain the warrants.

The Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court found that the FBI may have violated the rights of potentially millions of Americans — including its own agents and informants — by improperly searching through information obtained by the National Security Agency’s mass surveillance program.​
U.S. District Court Judge James E. Boasberg, who serves in the District of Columbia and the FISA court, made his sweeping and condemnatory assessment in October 2018 in a 138-page ruling, which was declassified by the U.S. government this week.​
“These opinions reveal devastating problems with the FBI’s backdoor searches, which often resembled fishing expeditions through Americans’ personal emails and online messages.”
To longtime critics of the government’s mass surveillance program, the FBI’s abuses are confirmation that federal law enforcement agents are combing through the communications of Americans without warrants, in violation of Fourth Amendment protections against unreasonable searches and seizures.
“These opinions reveal devastating problems with the FBI’s backdoor searches, which often resembled fishing expeditions through Americans’ personal emails and online messages,” said Patrick Toomey, a staff attorney for the American Civil Liberties Union’s National Security Project. “But the court did not go nearly far enough to fix those abuses. The Constitution requires FBI agents to get a warrant before they go combing through our sensitive communications.”
The ruling concerns the FBI’s ability to access communications obtained through the NSA’s mass surveillance program, the existence of which was revealed in documents provided by whistleblower Edward Snowden. Critics of Snowden’s decision to leak classified NSA documents noted at the time that safeguards existed to prevent Americans’ communications from being searched improperly. The declassified FISA court ruling, however, shows that few safeguards existed at all.
Court Ruling Shows How FBI Abused NSA Mass Surveillance

I remember watching C-SPAN in 2000 or 2001 just a few months before the 911 attacks where Congress was grilling the FBI on their use of Carnivore, the FBI's packet sniffing application that was reading the email headers (and more if warranted if suppose) of tens of millions of Americans without their knowledge or consent.

There was lot going on and said but what has stuck with me was when the FBI agent was asked "When will these Americans find out that their privacy has been invaded" to which the agent replied "when they are charged with the crime". "And what about the ones who aren't charged with a crime, when will they find out?" And the reply was more or less a shrug.

Carnivore, later renamed DCS1000, was a system implemented by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) that was designed to monitor email and electronic communications. It used a customizable packet sniffer that could monitor all of a target user's Internet traffic. Carnivore was implemented in October 1997. By 2005 it had been replaced with improved commercial software.[1]

I dare you to suggest to a gun nut that guns shouldn't be in the house of someone who has mental illness
What do you base this on? I'm a STAUNCH 2A defender but if any member of my family was going through a level of depression where self-harm was even remotely possible, I'd have all of my firearms locked away with the ammo stored in a different location.

The same care would be taken if there was ANY possibility of a child being around my home unattended. The image of redneck idiots who sleep with their guns is far more a reflection of YOU than them. The bottom line is that we have the RIGHT to keep weapons for self-defense and specifically to protect our liberty from a government that becomes tyrannical. Read some of the Federalist Papers and you'll quickly see the truth in that.

I realize this concept damned near SLAYS Dems, but gun owners understand that they have an ABSOLUTE RIGHT to keep and use guns but they also know that if they're careless and their weapon injures or kills another they WILL BE HELD RESPONSIBLE. I'm not sure how the discussion became about suicide but again, that act is a very personal, very tragic CHOICE that is made by people who are mentally ill at some level. If these people can't lay their hands on a gun, they'll find other ways. Robin Williams ended his life with a leather belt.

What heat did you have in mind? Public name-calling and threats against them and their families probably won't fly in most cities and small towns. What is it, you wanted to say to your school board, you were not allowed to?
BTW, how many kids do you actually have in public school now?
Parents who are just beginning to twig to the reality of what school boards and woke teachers are pushing on their YOUNG children have every right to be pissed. Making threats of physical violence is already against state and federal laws. The idea that our federal government would spend the resources and time to actually dig into the background of these parents just because they were angry and speaking their minds about what they see as degeneracy being forced on their children, is OUTRAGEOUS.

In the current atmosphere in DC, any parent who actually threatened to harm ANYONE would already be facing indictment and trial. Since we've seen none of those it's pretty safe to say the feds are digging into their background to find OTHER "offenses" they can be charged with. Seems most of those on the Left are all copasetic about these investigations. They apparently believe that it's a good thing for the federal government to step into a state's jurisdiction if a Republican is the one being pursued. It's another example of the rank hypocrisy from that party and the MOMENT similar behavior by a Republican-controlled government came after one of THEM, all hell would break loose.

The double standards have existed for years but now we are seeing an evolution into an absolute demand for supremacy in standing under law. We have an excellent example coming soon from DC. Watch Durham present a spctacular, solid case with irrefutable evidence against Sussman and then watch the DC jury invoke nullification. These "team sports" attitudes about right and wrong are going to pave the way to some seriously poor outcomes in the near future. When people are finally convinced that the law will never protect THEM but will always keep their opponents safe, the law stops being respected. Idiots who yawn at that comment are in for a big surprise. Our legal system has always functioned from the power of a shared willingness to accept and obey the laws that our elected representatives pass. When elections no longer are trusted, the government becomes illegitimate and the "consent of the governed" is effectively revoked. The average Dem seems to think that regardless of trust in government, Americans WILL obey the law or they'll be imprisoned (and that'll show'em). The dimwits can't seem to grasp the idea that if millions of us simply decide to tell DC to GFY... there isn't a whole lot DC can do to compel obedience to their diktats.

The FBI abuses that Eagle is complaining about are not lawful use of the FISA courts because they have been lying to the judges in order to obtain the warrants.

I remember watching C-SPAN in 2000 or 2001 just a few months before the 911 attacks where Congress was grilling the FBI on their use of Carnivore, the FBI's packet sniffing application that was reading the email headers (and more if warranted if suppose) of tens of millions of Americans without their knowledge or consent.

There was lot going on and said but what has stuck with me was when the FBI agent was asked "When will these Americans find out that their privacy has been invaded" to which the agent replied "when they are charged with the crime". "And what about the ones who aren't charged with a crime, when will they find out?" And the reply was more or less a shrug.
I am not a FISA court supporting guy at all, as I do not believe in "SECRET" courts, PERIOD.

Threats pale compared to what is actually happening around SC justices.
That behavior by the pro-abortion crowd is patently, textbook ILLEGAL. If I had the platform to call for it, I'd ask some anti-abortion protesters to show up to peacefully protest in front of the three Democrat-appointed Justice's homes. Let's just say it would offer an interesting new perspective on how our justice system works.

Nope. Those loudmouth radicals on the Dem side are as full of sh#t as the loud mouth radical on the Republican side, and yes we will survive them both.
Yeah? Will we also "survive" a government that selectively prosecutes based on political affiliation?

Yeah? Will we also "survive" a government that selectively prosecutes based on political affiliation?
As long as they continue to plead guilty or found guilty by a jury of their peers and sentenced by a judge in good standing, yes and it negates your opinion. Of course during the Trump administration, most were pardoned by a crooked president. Not sure how many crooked presidents we can endure, before one of them learns what the last crooked president got wrong, in his attempts and gets away with it, bringing the government of the people, by the people and for the people crashing down, as they trample their oath and the constitution they swore to uphold.

I remember the line. It is one line out of the whole bill, to root out white supremacists organizational infiltration into the uniform services and Fed law enforcement agencies. Would you prefer them to be infiltrated by white supremacist organizations at will? The vast majority of the bill is about domestic terrorism organizations in general.
Do you have some other domestic terrorism organizations, you would prefer added to the list in specific? If so, contact your Senator, as HR350 passed the house and the related bill in the US Senate in S.963.
The term white supremacy is over rated badly, because supremacy thinking isn't just a white skinned thing. It comes in all different colors and ideologies. Targeting white's is what the term is being used for by the left, and I hope that the people wake up to this fact quickly.

What about any other political extremist group, like black nationalists, or BLM?

What about any other political extremist group, like black nationalists, or BLM?
You notice definitions are quite vague as to what a 'white supremacist' and a 'domestic terrorist' comprise.
How sweet....under those terms, simple assault is an act of domestic terrorism.

You look like a white supremacist.......arrest him.

Forum List

Back