🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Hagel: US Needs to 'Reverse Optics' With Israel

Speaking of twerps:

"Chomsky has been known to vigorously defend and debate his views and opinions, in philosophy, linguistics (Linguistics Wars), and politics.[8]

"He has had notable debates with Jean Piaget,[127] Michel Foucault,[128] William F. Buckley, Jr.,[129] Christopher Hitchens,[130][131][132][133][134] George Lakoff,[135] Richard Perle,[136] Hilary Putnam,[137] Willard Quine,[138] and Alan Dershowitz,[139] to name a few.

"One commentator said of Chomsky's debating ability: 'His boldness and clarity infuriates opponents – academe is crowded with critics who have made twerps of themselves taking him on.'"

Noam Chomsky - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wiki being next to God in it's perfection we should now fall down upon our knees and dutifully start to worship Chomsky.. I do not think so, but nice try. I haven't a cigar to offer. How about a month old, half eaten taco and a dried out chili pepper?:lol:
Why should I care what you think?

"Chomsky has received many honorary degrees from universities around the world, including from the following:
University of London
University of Chicago
Loyola University Chicago
Swarthmore College
University of Delhi
Bard College
University of Massachusetts Amherst
University of Pennsylvania
Georgetown University
Amherst College
University of Cambridge
University of Colorado[151]
University of Buenos Aires
McGill University
Rovira i Virgili University
Columbia University
Villanova University
University of Connecticut
University of Maine
Scuola Normale Superiore di Pisa
University of Western Ontario
University of Toronto
Harvard University
University of Chile
University of Bologna
University of La Frontera
University of Calcutta
National University of Colombia
Vrije Universiteit Brussel
Santo Domingo Institute of Technology
Uppsala University
National and Kapodistrian University of Athens
University of Cyprus
Central Connecticut State University
National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM)
Peking University[152]
National Tsing Hua University"

Feel free to list your academic accomplishments.

I can tell by that reply just how much you do not care what I think. Your lack of concern surely is now a fine tat upon your forehead.:lol:
Why should I list anything about myself? Would you believe or even care? How about we let our words here speak and be judged good or bad for their content? A fair proposal unless you think bought academic records present the absolute correctness of one's replies regardless of their content. Myself, I have always found such foolish and slavish belief to be absurd and keenly lacking in responsible and valid judgement.

What criteria should we employ to judge the validity of our words and their content?

I would say personal judgement for this is the internet and its all we have to go on other than the words we read here. With that being the case, the best measures has always been how true are the words presented. Man convinces me that his words are true when I had previously thought them false I then stand bested and must concede the point. Of course such always depends upon the honor of the people having the discussion. So simple yet so many simply refuse to do it. That very often because personal honor is a foreign concept to them.

Dershowitz vs Chomsky debate Israel at Harvard - YouTube

Top-rated comments:

ishinadishFeb 2, 2013
Dershowitz's ad hominen attacks reflects his poor debating skills. And this guy is a lawyer from Harvard?

LookForThetruth11Feb 4, 2013
No surprise Chomsky wins again. The guy is incredible

Neither was very impressive, you can go around in circles with those two, a liberal and radical leftist. Both were wrong. If there were to be any peace, it would haft to be between Israel and the Arabs as a whole, not only between Israel and 'Palestinian" Arabs, and that’s not going to happen anytime soon....Sorry it just isn't

It will never happen as long as Israel and the US continue to obstruct a peace process first offered by "the Arabs as a whole" over 36 years ago:

"The basic principles have been accepted by virtually the entire world, including the Arab states (who go on to call for full normalization of relations), the Organization of Islamic States (including Iran), and relevant non-state actors (including Hamas).

"A settlement along these lines was first proposed at the U.N. Security Council in January 1976 by the major Arab states.

"Israel refused to attend the session.

"The U.S. vetoed the resolution, and did so again in 1980..."

A Middle East Peace That Could Happen (But Won't): In Washington-Speak, "Palestinian State" Means "Fried Chicken"

Recognition of Israel's right to exist as a Jewish state is first without that there is nothing left to negotiate

Recognition of Israel's right to exist as a Jewish state is first without that there is nothing left to negotiate

ok.gif

Nothing but excuses. Even after recognizing Israel as a Jewish state, which already has been done, they will still come up with another excuse. Israelis, it's not like we haven't lived with you for the past 70 years. We already know who you are.

Speaking of twerps:

"Chomsky has been known to vigorously defend and debate his views and opinions, in philosophy, linguistics (Linguistics Wars), and politics.[8]

"He has had notable debates with Jean Piaget,[127] Michel Foucault,[128] William F. Buckley, Jr.,[129] Christopher Hitchens,[130][131][132][133][134] George Lakoff,[135] Richard Perle,[136] Hilary Putnam,[137] Willard Quine,[138] and Alan Dershowitz,[139] to name a few.

"One commentator said of Chomsky's debating ability: 'His boldness and clarity infuriates opponents – academe is crowded with critics who have made twerps of themselves taking him on.'"

Wiki being next to God in it's perfection we should now fall down upon our knees and dutifully start to worship Chomsky.. I do not think so, but nice try. I haven't a cigar to offer. How about a month old, half eaten taco and a dried out chili pepper?:lol:

"Chomsky has received many honorary degrees from universities around the world, including from the following:
University of London
University of Chicago
Swarthmore College
University of Delhi
Bard College
Georgetown University
Amherst College
University of Cambridge
McGill University
Columbia University
Villanova University
University of Maine
University of Toronto
Harvard University
University of Chile
University of Bologna
University of Calcutta
Uppsala University
University of Cyprus
Peking University[152]

I have double those awards. Bought 'em on the internet.

University of London
University of Chicago
Swarthmore College
University of Delhi
Bard College
Georgetown University
Amherst College
University of Cambridge
McGill University
Columbia University
Villanova University
University of Maine
University of Toronto
Harvard University
University of Chile
University of Bologna
University of Calcutta
Uppsala University
University of Cyprus
Peking University[152]

So obvious that the lad(?) does not have a clue what an "honorary degree" is. Nor even how worthless many university degrees truly are. Honorary being even less so.
That is both sad and funny. The funny part being so much greater of the two.:lol:

University of London
University of Chicago
Swarthmore College
University of Delhi
Bard College
Georgetown University
Amherst College
University of Cambridge
McGill University
Columbia University
Villanova University
University of Maine
University of Toronto
Harvard University
University of Chile
University of Bologna
University of Calcutta
Uppsala University
University of Cyprus
Peking University[152]

When it comes to Hosshiite, you have a PhD, hands down, tail up.

University of London
University of Chicago
Swarthmore College
University of Delhi
Bard College
Georgetown University
Amherst College
University of Cambridge
McGill University
Columbia University
Villanova University
University of Maine
University of Toronto
Harvard University
University of Chile
University of Bologna
University of Calcutta
Uppsala University
University of Cyprus
Peking University[152]

When it comes to Hosshiite, you have a PhD, hands down, tail up.
PhD - Piled Higher, Deeper

What's your Erdos?

"Chomsky has an Erdős number of four."
I only made it thru the 3d grade, with honors. But I has common sense.
"In fact, Chomsky simply observed that while a human baby and a kitten are both capable of inductive reasoning, if they are exposed to exactly the same linguistic data, the human child will always acquire the ability to understand and produce language, while the kitten will never acquire either ability."

Maybe there's hope for you after all?

What's your Erdos?

"In fact, Chomsky simply observed that while a human baby and a kitten are both capable of inductive reasoning, if they are exposed to exactly the same linguistic data, the human child will always acquire the ability to understand and produce language, while the kitten will never acquire either ability."

So you praise Chomsky for citing that a kitten will never learn to understand and produce a language?:lol: Perhaps Chomsky could have noticed that about other animals too. Who was shocked at that amazing revelation? Perhaps you, since you cite it as brilliance by Chomsky.
My friend Danny Thompson once noted that water is wet . Perhaps I should praise his brilliance as well. :lol:

So you praise Chomsky for citing that a kitten will never learn to understand and produce a language?:lol: Perhaps Chomsky could have noticed that about other animals too. Who was shocked at that amazing revelation? Perhaps you, since you cite it as brilliance by Chomsky.
My friend Danny Thompson once noted that water is wet . Perhaps I should praise his brilliance as well. :lol:
Right after you tap your friend for an explanation of universal grammar:

"It is a popular misconception that Chomsky proved that language is entirely innate, and that he discovered a 'universal grammar' (UG).

"In fact, Chomsky simply observed that while a human baby and a kitten are both capable of inductive reasoning, if they are exposed to exactly the same linguistic data, the human child will always acquire the ability to understand and produce language, while the kitten will never acquire either ability.

"Chomsky labeled whatever the relevant capacity the human has that the cat lacks the 'language acquisition device' (LAD) and suggested that one of the tasks for linguistics should be to figure out what the LAD is and what constraints it puts on the range of possible human languages.

"The universal features that would result from these constraints are often termed 'universal grammar'" or UG.[62]

What's your Erdos?

You know, Georgie Boy (who is back to his Wikipedia like it was some Holy Grail), it is very nice that you have found some Jews whom you like, but here in America we can have different opinions of how we think of the works of others. I will reiterate -- most of the posters and even viewers here never heard of Chomsky, Shakak, the tiny group of crazy Jews who visit the equally crazies in Iran, etc. if there were no hate sites for them to learn about them. Are people like Georgie Boy that naive that they believe that the others reading their posts all think that they are so brilliant that they actually heard about these people before? By the way, Georgie Boy, were you able to get away from your computer yesterday and at least go down and watch the Grand Dragon parade in Chinatown? The fresh air would have done you some good.

Right after you tap your friend for an explanation of universal grammar:

"It is a popular misconception that Chomsky proved that language is entirely innate, and that he discovered a 'universal grammar' (UG).

"In fact, Chomsky simply observed that while a human baby and a kitten are both capable of inductive reasoning, if they are exposed to exactly the same linguistic data, the human child will always acquire the ability to understand and produce language, while the kitten will never acquire either ability.

"Chomsky labeled whatever the relevant capacity the human has that the cat lacks the 'language acquisition device' (LAD) and suggested that one of the tasks for linguistics should be to figure out what the LAD is and what constraints it puts on the range of possible human languages.

"The universal features that would result from these constraints are often termed 'universal grammar'" or UG.[62]

Grammar - The difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.

Forum List

Back