HAHAHAHAHA Hollywood's Grammys viewership dropped by 53%

Yeah, when you continuously snub the best performers (due to racism) for decades and decades and decades, and they finally decided they've had enough that they boycott it, including many of the artists, nominated and not, that's what happens.

Why do you think the ratings tanked this year OP?
Yeah. All these fucking racists refused to watch because not enough black people got a pat on the ass.

:laughing0301:

You were joking, right?

For the past 250 years, music genres have been evolving and creating new genres of music. The music of Bach was very different from the music of Mozart and Hayden, which in turn led to new and different forms of Chopin and Mahler.

At the beginning of the 20th Century, that trend accelerated, we went from Ragtime, to Jazz, to Blues, to Swing, to Rock, to dozens of very different offshoots of Rock . Popular music changed so fast that every decade can be defined by its unique musical style.

I work in an environment of young people (20s to 30s) and most of them invariably listen to Classic Rock (defined as 60s to 90s apparently) and have eschewed the popular music of the 21st Century.

I think we are quite overdue for a new and ground-breaking genre of popular music. I'm excited to hear what that might be.

The pop rock of today far surpasses the crap put out from 1950 to 1970 musically, with the exceptions of rap and hip Hop, which are definitely total crap, as is most of the metal junk. Doesn't mean I listen to it much, but the production and quality is easily better.

Grammys were always a popularity contest.....moreso than it being an award for real musical talent....

Sometimes they award the Grammys to the right person, most times they don't.....

But there are 282727 award shows full of celebs patting themselves on the back......we are over it now

For the past 250 years, music genres have been evolving and creating new genres of music. The music of Bach was very different from the music of Mozart and Hayden, which in turn led to new and different forms of Chopin and Mahler.

At the beginning of the 20th Century, that trend accelerated, we went from Ragtime, to Jazz, to Blues, to Swing, to Rock, to dozens of very different offshoots of Rock . Popular music changed so fast that every decade can be defined by its unique musical style.

I work in an environment of young people (20s to 30s) and most of them invariably listen to Classic Rock (defined as 60s to 90s apparently) and have eschewed the popular music of the 21st Century.

I think we are quite overdue for a new and ground-breaking genre of popular music. I'm excited to hear what that might be.
I guess it's because the "classic" rock require actual musicians who spend hours per day practicing and honing their craft.

I do not listen to today's music probably because my car radio is always tuned in to the oldies stations.

But music today have meaningless lyrics. Not like the music of the 60's and early 70's.

We had great songs full of great lyrics like "My Baby does the Hanky Panky" and " Yummy Yummy Yummy I have love in my tummy".

Yeah, when you continuously snub the best performers (due to racism) for decades and decades and decades, and they finally decided they've had enough that they boycott it, including many of the artists, nominated and not, that's what happens.

Why do you think the ratings tanked this year OP?
I figured they flubbed because there's no LIVE music. LOL. I'm curious about the oscars. I'm not even sure what's nominated. I pretty much just watch Netflix and Amazon Prime. My daughter's boyfriend has apple tv too. I guess I'll try to get on demand video for whatever looks good from the oscars. I don't do any social message stuff, so a lot of it passes me by.

Forum List

Back