Half of Bay Area residents want to leave

No, the market has dictated home prices.

San Francisco occupies a small physical area, and therefore has a limited amount of real estate - period. If enough people want to occupy that limited amount of real estate, the prices go up.

In San Francisco, enough people want to live there that the average home price is above $1 million dollars - and those houses are still selling.
Market forces are in play but when you have regulation just for regulation sake you get higher construction costs...get in a plane and fly over the San Francisco and Sacramento area...you will see more empty land then you would believe...just sitting there waiting for a brush fire....restrictions on development in California are punitive.....its a one party state...the dems run everything...poorly

First of all - Sacramento and San Francisco are a hundred miles apart - they're not the same "area".

San Francisco is a peninsula, surrounded on 3 sides by water, and on the other side by another city (Daly City). There's no "empty land" there.

Here's what they consider a $2.3 million dollar home.

105 Manor Place by
105 Manor Place--next door to a former drug house at 107 Manor Place-- recently sold for $2.3 million.. (Dan Coyro -- Santa Cruz Sentinel)

Yep. 4 Bedrooms, 4 Baths, 3,000 sq. ft, in a very desirable place to live.

That's how the market works.

We have a very different idea of a "very desirable place to live".

$2.3 mill, in most places around the country, would get you a castle and 100 acres. I'll take the land, over a shoe-horned in McMansion.

You may not think that Santa Cruz is a desirable place, but enough people do that houses like that sell for $2.3 million dollars.

105 Manor Place by
105 Manor Place--next door to a former drug house at 107 Manor Place-- recently sold for $2.3 million.. (Dan Coyro -- Santa Cruz Sentinel)

$2.3 mill, in most places around the country, would get you a castle and 100 acres. I'll take the land, over a shoe-horned in McMansion.

You may not think that Santa Cruz is a desirable place, but enough people do that houses like that sell for $2.3 million dollars.
Only in crazy Cali

105 Manor Place by

Na, not very desirable at all.
Packed in like sardines in a world of piss and shit

Your personal opinion is irrelevant. If people are willing to pay that much, they must want to live there, right?

105 Manor Place by

Only in crazy Cali

No, there are high real estate prices in other places, too.

105 Manor Place by

Na, not very desirable at all.
Packed in like sardines in a world of piss and shit

Your personal opinion is irrelevant. If people are willing to pay that much, they must want to live there, right?
Only in crazy Cali... lol

105 Manor Place by

Only in crazy Cali

No, there are high real estate prices in other places, too.
I know, urban America is a fucked up place...

No surprise. Liberal hot spots are always way too expensive to live in.

Nearly Half of Bay Area Residents Want Out: Poll

The Bay Area's soaring cost of living has more residents considering a move out of the area, according to a new poll conducted by the Bay Area Council.

The central question in the poll asked people whether they would likely move away from the Bay Area, and 46 percent agreed, a significant jump from last year.

Some residents are not surprised by the poll's findings.

"Where can you find homes that are less than a million now (in the Bay Area)?" San Francisco resident Ted Heca Oili said.

Here, check out the rent.

Apartments for Rent in San Francisco CA | Apartments.com

First of all - Sacramento and San Francisco are a hundred miles apart - they're not the same "area".

San Francisco is a peninsula, surrounded on 3 sides by water, and on the other side by another city (Daly City). There's no "empty land" there
Doc I lived in California my whole life...people are forced to work in the Bay area but have to live in the Sacramento area...in between the two are miles of undeveloped so called protected land....and one congested highway to travel back and forth....
Just like Santa Barbara....people that work there have to live as far away as SLO county and commute over a hundred miles there and back...
Don't defend the indefensible....

San Francisco is a peninsula, surrounded on 3 sides by water, and on the other side by another city (Daly City). There's no "empty land" there
Doc I lived in California my whole life...people are forced to work in the Bay area but have to live in the Sacramento area...in between the two are miles of undeveloped so called protected land....and one congested highway to travel back and forth....
Just like Santa Barbara....people that work there have to live as far away as SLO county and commute over a hundred miles there and back...
Don't defend the indefensible....

I'm not "defending" anything. In a thread discussing real estate prices in the Bay, Sac isn't really part of the equation. I know that there are some people who do that commute every day, but it's a hundred miles each way.

There are affordable places to live closer to SF than Sac.

Things that cost more are more desirable than the things that cost less.

If California was the shit hole you people make it out to be, the above would not be the case.

The Bay Area's soaring cost of living has more residents considering a move out of the area, according to a new poll conducted by the Bay Area Council.

The central question in the poll asked people whether they would likely move away from the Bay Area, and 46 percent agreed, a significant jump from last year.

"Where can you find homes that are less than a million now (in the Bay Area)?" San Francisco resident Ted Heca Oili said.
If that were true, why don't they leave?
some people just cant pick up and leave.......and it said they were considering moving....
Why can't they just pick up and leave? Think of what they'd get for their houses....I have friends who have sold their houses there and gotten acres and acres of land in other states.

Well if it gets to expensive they can always move out.

I would imagine it would cost a bit to move but imagine the money they would save on the other end.

I'm not "defending" anything. In a thread discussing real estate prices in the Bay, Sac isn't really part of the equation. I know that there are some people who do that commute every day, but it's a hundred miles each way.

There are affordable places to live closer to SF than Sac
Keep in mind its not just housing costs that are chasing hard working people out...its the cost of everything....when we had the year of the women and we got Feinstein Boxer Capps etc....the state went from first to worst...they helped us into higher banking fees...higher groceries...higher gas prices...those ladies were a detriment to our state...and now folks have had enough and are fleeing....I did and I guess I wasn't the last....

If that were true, why don't they leave?
some people just cant pick up and leave.......and it said they were considering moving....
Why can't they just pick up and leave? Think of what they'd get for their houses....I have friends who have sold their houses there and gotten acres and acres of land in other states.
i have to explain to you why some people cant just pick up and leave?.....

California is the most populated state because nobody wants to live there.’

If California was the shit hole you people make it out to be, the above would not be the case.

Well apparently it's getting less desirable, or you wouldn't be reading more and more stories like this.

Well apparently it's getting less desirable, or you wouldn't be reading more and more stories like this.

The story you posted doesn't say it's less desirable. It says that people are leaving because it's too expensive (in other words, because it's too desirable).

Forum List

Back