Half of Bay Area residents want to leave

Things that cost more are more desirable than the things that cost less.

If California was the shit hole you people make it out to be, the above would not be the case.
20150316__BERKSTREET-03171.jpg

If California was the shit hole you people make it out to be, the above would not be the case.

Well apparently it's getting less desirable, or you wouldn't be reading more and more stories like this.

The story you posted doesn't say it's less desirable. It says that people are leaving because it's too expensive (in other words, because it's too desirable).

It's "desirable", because of the high wages the tech industry provides. If you're part of that industry, then you have little choice but to pay absurd housing costs, unless you're willing to deal with a long commute.

No surprise. Liberal hot spots are always way too expensive to live in.

Nearly Half of Bay Area Residents Want Out: Poll

The Bay Area's soaring cost of living has more residents considering a move out of the area, according to a new poll conducted by the Bay Area Council.

The central question in the poll asked people whether they would likely move away from the Bay Area, and 46 percent agreed, a significant jump from last year.

Some residents are not surprised by the poll's findings.

"Where can you find homes that are less than a million now (in the Bay Area)?" San Francisco resident Ted Heca Oili said.

Here, check out the rent.

Apartments for Rent in San Francisco CA | Apartments.com

You can rent a 5000 square foot custom home with pool and hot tub on the golf course in Houston for that kind of money.

My neighbor rented his to oil executives from BP for 7k a month.
Has three fireplaces and an elevator and of course pool and hot tub.

Well apparently it's getting less desirable, or you wouldn't be reading more and more stories like this.

The story you posted doesn't say it's less desirable. It says that people are leaving because it's too expensive (in other words, because it's too desirable).

It's "desirable", because of the high wages the tech industry provides. If you're part of that industry, then you have little choice but to pay absurd housing costs, unless you're willing to deal with a long commute.

That's a large part of it, but not the only part.

Here's what they consider a $2.3 million dollar home.

105 Manor Place by
105 Manor Place--next door to a former drug house at 107 Manor Place-- recently sold for $2.3 million.. (Dan Coyro -- Santa Cruz Sentinel)

Worth 200k at most.

The market says differently.

Why the hell would you ever pay 2.3 mill for what amounts to an average home in most of the U.S.?
I'd rather live in Florida than california anyway.
Better beaches,better fishing and easy access to the Bahamas.

105 Manor Place by
105 Manor Place--next door to a former drug house at 107 Manor Place-- recently sold for $2.3 million.. (Dan Coyro -- Santa Cruz Sentinel)

Worth 200k at most.

Why the hell would you ever pay 2.3 mill for what amounts to an average home in most of the U.S.?

Don't ask me, I didn't buy that house for 2.3 million.

Someone did, though. So it was worth it to them.

105 Manor Place by

Worth 200k at most.

Don't ask me, I didn't buy that house for 2.3 million.

Someone did, though. So it was worth it to them.

I guess PT Barnum was right...

The Bay Area's soaring cost of living has more residents considering a move out of the area, according to a new poll conducted by the Bay Area Council.

The central question in the poll asked people whether they would likely move away from the Bay Area, and 46 percent agreed, a significant jump from last year.

"Where can you find homes that are less than a million now (in the Bay Area)?" San Francisco resident Ted Heca Oili said.

I think it’s ironic. The rich in the Bay Area all seem so sympathetic to the poor. So much so they provide public transportation for them so they have to come in to SF to work! Wouldn’t want “them” actually living there!

Public transportation and its taxes to provide for cleaner air. Not to transport the poor even though that is a secondary benefit.

I think it’s ironic. The rich in the Bay Area all seem so sympathetic to the poor. So much so they provide public transportation for them so they have to come in to SF to work! Wouldn’t want “them” actually living there!

Public transportation and its taxes to provide for cleaner air. Not to transport the poor even though that is a secondary benefit.

Love the use “benefit”

105 Manor Place by
You don't seem to know much about the real estate business..

I love looking at the assessors websites in these communities.

The land is probably 2 Million of the assessed value.

Incredible.

105 Manor Place by

Incredible.
I wish my land would inflate that much...I have 43 acres and its value is 75k.

105 Manor Place by

Incredible.

I stayed in a 4 Million dollar house in the Bay Area once. Great views of the bridge and the bay, simply stunning. But the house would have sold for 400k here Max!

105 Manor Place by

Incredible.

I stayed in a 4 Million dollar house in the Bay Area once. Great views of the bridge and the bay, simply stunning. But the house would have sold for 400k here Max!
I had a great uncle who lived in SanDiego and his home was 7k when he bought it in 1942..He sold it for 750k in the 1980's.

They create their hell via the ballot booth and then they want to run away....they should be forced to remain in the hell hole they created....
not everyone in cal votes for this stuff......
True but we are talking about the Bay Area.....I think we would be safe to say 80% of the Bay Area created their own prison....

Believe me this is no prison. If anything it is a paradise for life. The sun, the surf, the late night entertainment, the beautiful homes all make it divine.

105 Manor Place by

Incredible.

Location, location, location.

105 Manor Place by

Incredible.

But it wouldn't have that view, where ever "here" is for you.

That view is part of the price.

105 Manor Place by

Incredible.

Location, location, location.

Yep, yep, yep

105 Manor Place by

Incredible.

But it wouldn't have that view, where ever "here" is for you.

That view is part of the price.

Agreed, but with 2 mil in my pocket, I could afford views all around the world!

Just sayin

Forum List

Back