Half "whit" strikes again

A Michigan music store owner gave a tearful interview with local media saying he is closing his doors for good after the ongoing coronavirus-related lockdown imposed by Gov. Gretchen Whitmer left him unable to pay his bills.

“It’s not just the closing of a stupid store. It’s the closing of a dream,” Steve Walker, owner of the Walker Music and Textile Company in Hastings, said before bursting into tears during an interview this month with FOX 17.

How many more? This crap getting out of hand. Everything locked down around here, can't even let my dog go to his fav park that has never had more than one person there. And my county and surrounding have no cases, have had no cases. Beshear is locking down even harder, can't even go to a private campground. Hell of a Mem day it will be.

View attachment 335770
That's pretty much what she told the protesters

A Michigan music store owner gave a tearful interview with local media saying he is closing his doors for good after the ongoing coronavirus-related lockdown imposed by Gov. Gretchen Whitmer left him unable to pay his bills.

“It’s not just the closing of a stupid store. It’s the closing of a dream,” Steve Walker, owner of the Walker Music and Textile Company in Hastings, said before bursting into tears during an interview this month with FOX 17.

How many more? This crap getting out of hand. Everything locked down around here, can't even let my dog go to his fav park that has never had more than one person there. And my county and surrounding have no cases, have had no cases. Beshear is locking down even harder, can't even go to a private campground. Hell of a Mem day it will be.
/—-/ Next Election Day, I wonder who the shop owners and families will vote for.

View attachment 335770
/——-/ Old Gretchen would have found her place in Germany 80 years ago,
0CCC6535-C5EB-494E-B1F7-34051450F526.jpeg

A year and a half ago Hurricane Michael smashed and flooded my town. You may have seen it on TV. We didn't get power back for 28 days, I didn't work or have internet for longer than that. Everything was smashed, flooded or just plain closed. It absolutely sucked balls and I didn't hear a fraction of the complaining I hear now from people who are just mildly inconvenienced. I feel sorry for those who have suffered life changing tragedy during this thing. Not so much for those sitting in perfectly good houses watching TV and eating ice cream. I had a tree through my roof, do you have a tree through your roof? If the worst thing about this for you is a ruined weekend or a bored dog them count yourself lucky.

You are describing an actual disaster that occurred.

Yup. It sucks. I feel bad for all the little businesses that are not going to make it. They worked hard and gambled a lot and they lost. Serious shit.

You have to be strong and take it on the chin, not cry into your beer over a fucked up holiday and a disappointed dog. This too shall pass.
You're an idiot. You think losing your business, livelihood and life's work is like burning the roast in the oven? And over what? Unfounded blown out of proportion fears over a non-existent pandemic?
yep 8 billion people created a fake pandemic. Your fucking hillarious as normall. Eat anything the orange blob will feed ya. what a partisan hack.. ya and as she sais quit being a little bitch we are all experiencing the same thing you bitches cry more than children.

A year and a half ago Hurricane Michael smashed and flooded my town. You may have seen it on TV. We didn't get power back for 28 days, I didn't work or have internet for longer than that. Everything was smashed, flooded or just plain closed. It absolutely sucked balls and I didn't hear a fraction of the complaining I hear now from people who are just mildly inconvenienced. I feel sorry for those who have suffered life changing tragedy during this thing. Not so much for those sitting in perfectly good houses watching TV and eating ice cream. I had a tree through my roof, do you have a tree through your roof? If the worst thing about this for you is a ruined weekend or a bored dog them count yourself lucky.

How is being put out of work for months only being "mildly inconvenienced"? Or losing your livelihood? Or like in California , the schools are already canceled for the next school year beginning in September?

I guess kids don't need to get an education, if they are just going to collect checks anyhow- but depriving the children of education not condemns them to poverty it does it to their parents too, who have to stay home to watch them.
What's the matter with your reading comprehension? This thing really sucks for a lot of people, for many others it's nothing more than not being able to go have fun, fuck them.
People going out and having fun means jobs for people in the entertainment and hospitality industries, which narcissistic asswipes like you believe to be "non-essential".

Fuck you.

If there is a hurricane- or a flood or cyclone or a typhoon, these are things that the people can see are a problem.

This here, which killed 2 people in the whole county, causes closures of the economy even when the overwhelming number of people are feeling fine, sounds like bullshit.

I've read about pandemics. The 1349 pandemic required that the corpses of the victims be stacked like cordwood. Massive graves were dug.

This really isn't much of a "pandemic" from this vantage point. President Trump has asked the people to wash their hands after using the can.

Good advice from Trump
He stopped the pandemic , he has saved 95% of the 2.2 million that were originally slated for death.
Thank you President Trump.

Yup. It sucks. I feel bad for all the little businesses that are not going to make it. They worked hard and gambled a lot and they lost. Serious shit.

You have to be strong and take it on the chin, not cry into your beer over a fucked up holiday and a disappointed dog. This too shall pass.
I'm sure the people losing their businesses and life savings are very comforted by your platitudes.

What a callous fucking bitch!
I was talking to Shawnee, not the poor guy whose business didn't make it. I feel bad for them. Around here ALL businesses are small businesses, and I'm hoping they make it back. Things aren't looking good. You have no cause to call me a callous bitch.

Should the governor pay as its a 4th Amendment taking of his property?

Why didn’t he apply for PPP loan?

"Paycheck protection" wasn't his only economic concern. He also had questions about rent and utilities on his property, being able to keep his customer base together during such an extended hiatus, and whether or not his own suppliers were going to be able to continue.

It just isn't ethical to borrow money unless you know when you can repay.

"Paycheck protection" wasn't his only economic concern. He also had questions about rent and utilities on his property, being able to keep his customer base together during such an extended hiatus, and whether or not his own suppliers were going to be able to continue.

Are the loans ONLY for paying payroll? I thought the money could be used to keep the place afloat as long as they also paid their employees.

Paycheck Protection Plan covers rent and utilities, actually. If money is spent on these items, the loan does not need to be repaid.

"The loan will be fully forgiven if the funds are used for payroll costs, interest on mortgages, rent, and utilities (due to likely high subscription, at least 75% of the forgiven amount must have been used for payroll). Loan payments will also be deferred for six months. No collateral or personal guarantees are required. Neither the government nor lenders will charge small businesses any fees."

You're an idiot. You think losing your business, livelihood and life's work is like burning the roast in the oven? And over what? Unfounded blown out of proportion fears over a non-existent pandemic?
Amen to this! Shutting places down completely has only dug the hole deeper. I hate it just as much as anyone else that people are no longer here because of the sickness, but do people really want a shut down to be the way that the sickness eventually claims the rest of us? Because shutting the planet down is just the thing to make such an occurrence happen. In my opinion, if we are going to go down one way or another, why not go down fighting? Going out in such a way means that it can't be said that we didn't try.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

I'm sure the people losing their businesses and life savings are very comforted by your platitudes.

What a callous fucking bitch!
I was talking to Shawnee, not the poor guy whose business didn't make it. I feel bad for them. Around here ALL businesses are small businesses, and I'm hoping they make it back. Things aren't looking good. You have no cause to call me a callous bitch.
Doesn't change the fact that you're a heartless bitch.
Am not.

You had insurance, right?

What insurance covers pandemics and shutdowns by state governments?

Are the loans ONLY for paying payroll? I thought the money could be used to keep the place afloat as long as they also paid their employees.
Only 15% could be used other than payroll. I'll bet he only had a few employees.

View attachment 335770
This bitch is way overdue for a good beating.
We need to enact emergency legislation that withholds all pay from any and all elected officials until the economy has been fully restored.

Only 15% could be used other than payroll. I'll bet he only had a few employees.
I believe he could pay himself with the PPP funds and count that as payroll.

Forum List

Back