Hands Up, Cop Still Shoots (video)

When you call the cops to tell them you want to turn a gun over to them ...that isn't done on a 911 line.

You realize HE called 911, they didn't call him, right? The article says he was very vague in his answers to the 911 operator (who isn't a police member) and 911 informed police of a potential situation.

The wife and her lawyer are priming the pump for a payday.

I can't wait for the inevitable articles about how innocent and pure he was.

again--it's not the cops' fault that someone does something stupid and poses a real threat
...the cops don't have time to to sit the person down on a couch and ask him about his history/mental illness/problems--they are not psychiatrists
once again--you people are James Bond, Bruce Lee, the Six Million Dollar Man
you people are the perfect psychiatrist/doctor/teacher/KNOW IT ALL--that would be able to handle ALL these situations PERFECTLY--no one will get hurt !!!!!

The cops should be more courageous since they are dealing with people's lives. All the excuses in the world won't change that.

You do realize a black man is more likely to be struck by lightning than killed by police? Also more whites are killed by cops than blacks.

Lightning is indiscriminate.
Oh, so black cops killing blacks is okay? I mean we know you don't care about blacks killing blacks in Chicago. TEACH RESPECT TO YOUR CHILDREN AND THEY WON'T DIE. Sorry to tell the truth. I'm sure the liberals can't handle the truth.

The people cops shoot aren't the only victims. There are the families too.

again--it's not the cops' fault that someone does something stupid and poses a real threat
...the cops don't have time to to sit the person down on a couch and ask him about his history/mental illness/problems--they are not psychiatrists
you people are the perfect psychiatrist/doctor/teacher/KNOW IT ALL--that would be able to handle ALL these situations PERFECTLY--no one will get hurt !!!!!

The cops should be more courageous since they are dealing with people's lives. All the excuses in the world won't change that.
my exact point--you sure are loose with OTHER people's lives !!
you would be so courageous that you would not not even carry a weapon
sure--some nut has a gun and you would be MR Coooool, take your time, ...
you ARE James Bond

you ARE James Bond

Cops should be held to some of the standards our troops are. They don't shrink under fire.

There's a lot more at stake than just a battle.

you ARE James Bond

Cops should be held to some of the standards our troops are. They don't shrink under fire.

You really don't want that. Soldiers are much more readily able to fire, and with much greater fire power, than police.

Should they have called in an air strike on that guy?

you ARE James Bond

You really don't want that. Soldiers are much more readily able to fire, and with much greater fire power, than police.

Should they have called in an air strike on that guy?

How they act under fire or attack.

you ARE James Bond

F%%K these nuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
F%%k these criminals that HARM innocent people!! I WANT them dead..some are career criminals with a violent past
if they are dead, they can't hurt anyone else.....
the cops 99% of the time don't shoot if there is no reason to shoot

you ARE James Bond

F%%k these criminals that HARM innocent people!! I WANT them dead..some are career criminals with a violent past

Like with the death penalty, we know lots of innocent are killed.

Yes, everyone in prison is innocent...

tumblr_inline_obgdld74UX1qcs08a_500.gif

you ARE James Bond

bad analogy
like I said, 99% the cops are shooting for a reason--there is a threat

You do realize a black man is more likely to be struck by lightning than killed by police? Also more whites are killed by cops than blacks.

Oh, so black cops killing blacks is okay? I mean we know you don't care about blacks killing blacks in Chicago. TEACH RESPECT TO YOUR CHILDREN AND THEY WON'T DIE. Sorry to tell the truth. I'm sure the liberals can't handle the truth.

Right that's the reason you teach respect for others, then more than likely you don't get shot.

America is nuts with it's love foe guns, just nuts.

No, sorry, we are just CITIZENS rather than SUBJECTS. Citizens have rights. Subjects have none.
Not according to our Constitution. Subjects are innocent citizens until proven guilty in a court of law...not by wannabe street judges with a gun and a badge.
If gun is in hand, then in most cases all bets are off. You do have law officers that will work more with people (with gun in hand), to take the individual alive, but that is a choice made by those officers in which they usually make within their descretion, but it all depends on the circumstances in which in many cases are only learned about later in the court cases or courts of law in the aftermath.

Any reason why when he came out, gun or no gun, they couldn't have tried tasing him first? Pretty hard to shoot a gun when you are lying on the ground convulsing. Also, if you think you really need to shoot, does it have to be a head or chest shot -- -- multiple times? Don't cops train to be gun experts so they can hit their stationary target 15 feet away with just one shot rather than a hail of bullets? I DON'T BUY this eternal story always promulgated by the department in every case that they "acted according to policy" and "had no choice." Maybe if cops were required to stand public trial in the same courts we have to, they might be less quick to just gun a person down in cold blood. I bet if they had shot him in the legs, groin or stomach, especially with a large caliber, he would have gone down real quick, been unable to shoot back, and could have been arrested and taken to a hospital to live and stand trial with no greater risk to the officer. Did they even TRY to do any of this? Maybe what needs reexamined is police policy and better training how to SERVE the public rather than slaughter them everytime a nose twitches. I've seen in more than a few cases now where the officer threatens the life of a person who has done nothing, isn't a risk, can be easily handled to remove all risk, and in rather ordinary situations.

You do NOT shoot someone with a Taser who has a gun in their hand. Think of what involuntary contractions of muscles would do to a trigger finger. Also, what is the range of a Taser? Do you want to get that close to a person with a gun in their hand?

Ah, the old "shoot them in the leg" strategy. Fail. You obviously don't shoot.

Why don't cops stand public trials? Making shit up as you go?

Why don't you please just shut up? You don't know anything on this topic so keep your ignorance to yourself.

you ARE James Bond

bad analogy
like I said, 99% the cops are shooting for a reason--there is a threat

The only reason they wait less than 2 seconds to shoot after giving warning like with this case is because they say they fear for their life, and if they wait any longer than that they might be hurt. Can you imagine a soldier EVER saying he fears for his life. How is it a bad analogy?

So are the family members the criminals effect.

If Rueben Galindo shot a cop, the FBI and libtards would count it as a white-on-white shooting. When the cop shoots him, they ignore that he had a gun that he wouldn't drop, and they count it as a white-on-brown shooting.

Forum List

Back