Hank Williams Jr, oops

What he meant to say was obama is the pre 1933 hitler, the hitler that came before the killing hitler,

You are crazy. Hitler was evil before 1933. people died because of him before 1933, and you are crazy, bigrebnc.

Wililams was wrong. You are wrong to defend him. End of story.

Hitler did not show his true colors until after 1933

You're kidding.

Mein Kampf - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How funny they had to bring the poor poor Dixie Chicks into all this.

No comparison, but whatever.

ESPN sucks with all their Political correctness BS

But they sure don't mind standing up for a Convicted animal torturer and killer

You're right, there is no comparison. What Williams said was much worse than what Natalie Maines said and on a MUCH bigger stage.

When is Man Coulter going to tell HWJr to "Shut up and sing" I wonder?

Wrong what the dumb chicks did was go to another country and bitch about the president.. Hank Jr. was asked the loud mouth little blonds wasn't

You don't think FOX is seen in other countries? :eusa_eh:

You think saying "I'm ashamed President Bush is from Texas" to a few thousand fans is worse than comparing President Obama to Hitler in front of MILLIONS of viewers?

Last edited:
Absolutely. Private companies can choose whoever the want to represent them and can fire them if they no longer feel that individual adequately represents them.

I'm glad to read that from you. I completely agree with you. This is not a violation of Hank's right to free speech. It is ESPN's right to choose whom they want to represent them.

I do not think Hank intended to compare President Obama to Adolf Hitler, but he should know those kinds of statements are going to rub a lot of people wrong no matter which political party he is insulting.

I still like Hank's music and I still like Whoopie's acting although I have seen brief segments of "The View" and I think it would serve her better to disassociate herself with that trash... just my humble opinion.

Immie

You cannot have good government with bad people.

Hank Williams jr is basically a good person that is appalled by what he sees in the White House these days.

ESPN is Political Correctness on steroids.

ABC was the sponsor of Monday Night Football and Hank Williams came with the package so ESPN, the lib assholes that they are, got rid of him.

Still confused about this..

Was Hitler a good Christian?

Because the similarity between Obama and Hitler seems to be Christianity.

And Rev. Hagee says Hitler was sent by god as a Hunter.

And we all know that Hagee had the ear of McCain..and has the ear of Perry.

If only it were 2007, it would have been perfectly acceptable, even applauded to call the President a Nazi, bad timing Hank.....

And I am sure you have link after link of a media personality on a major network calling Bush, Hitler and not getting the boot, right?

If only it were 2007, it would have been perfectly acceptable, even applauded to call the President a Nazi, bad timing Hank.....

Riiiiggghhhtt...

Natalie Maines didn't call Bush Hitler. She said she was ashamed he was from Texas and got death threats as a result. (Not to mention public burnings of their albums and being practically banned from country radio)

Interesting view of history you have.

Riiiiggghhhtt...

Natalie Maines didn't call Bush Hitler. She said she was ashamed he was from Texas and got death threats as a result. (Not to mention public burnings of their albums and being practically banned from country radio)

Interesting view of history you have.

It's all relative.

Mild criticism of Bush got such amazing outrage it was incredible.

The opposite is true of Obama. No one will be burning Hank Williams Jr. albums and there is probably a very good chance of him getting back on ESPN once he does enough contrition. Maybe a concert for Ethopia will do. :lol:

And I am sure you have link after link of a media personality on a major network calling Bush, Hitler and not getting the boot, right?

Let's start with knowing the difference between a country music singer and a major media network personality, then go from there....... :thup:

Let's start with knowing the difference between a country music singer and a major media network personality, then go from there....... :thup:

No.

Lets start with the task I put before you.

You may be ready for football, but ESPN is not ready to let Hank Williams Jr. open tonight’s game after his incendiary comment about President Obama on Fox News.
The country singer criticized the president’s recent “golf summit” with Republican House Speaker John Boehner. The singer told Fox & Friends that the meeting “would be like Hitler playing golf with [Israeli leader] Benjamin Netanyahu.”

Where'd his freedom of speech go?

Hank Williams Jr. pulled from ESPN after comparing Obama to Hitler | Inside TV | EW.com

Apparently the same place the Dixie Chicks' did.

He didn't have his freedom of speech infringed upon. Its not like he was arrested for saying what he said.

ESPN has every right to get rid of him over his political comments considering people like me will not watch a station that is going to mix politics with sports.

The man has a right to say what he wants and ESPN has the right to fire him if they deem it innapropriate, it is not a violation of the 1st ammendment to do so for a PRIVATE COMPANY.

No.

1) What major media network personality called Obama a Nazi?

2) Who made you the official USMB task assigner? .... :eusa_whistle:

UPDATE: According to TMZ, Hank Williams released a statement claiming he was misunderstood: “Some of us have strong opinions and are often misunderstood. My analogy was extreme – but it was to make a point. I was simply trying to explain how stupid it seemed to me – how ludicrous that pairing was. They’re polar opposites and it made no sense. They don’t see eye-to-eye and never will. I have always respected the office of the President. Every time the media brings up the tea party it’s painted as racist and extremists – but there’s never a backlash – no outrage to those comparisons… Working class people are hurting – and it doesn’t seem like anybody cares. When both sides are high-fiving it on the ninth hole when everybody else is without a job – it makes a whole lot of us angry. Something has to change. The policies have to change.”

Oh well, continue the faux outrage. Carry on.

You're right, there is no comparison. What Williams said was much worse than what Natalie Maines said and on a MUCH bigger stage.

When is Man Coulter going to tell HWJr to "Shut up and sing" I wonder?

Wrong what the dumb chicks did was go to another country and bitch about the president.. Hank Jr. was asked the loud mouth little blonds wasn't

You don't think FOX is seen in other countries? :eusa_eh:

You think saying "I'm ashamed President Bush is from Texas" to a few thousand fans is worse than comparing President Obama to Hitler in front of MILLIONS of viewers?

Holy shit the bitches were in another country hank wasn't hank was asked the bitch wasn't

No.

1) What major media network personality called Obama a Nazi?

2) Who made you the official USMB task assigner? .... :eusa_whistle:

1) Hank Williams Jr.

2) You did.

driveby said:

UPDATE: According to TMZ, Hank Williams released a statement claiming he was misunderstood: “Some of us have strong opinions and are often misunderstood. My analogy was extreme – but it was to make a point. I was simply trying to explain how stupid it seemed to me – how ludicrous that pairing was. They’re polar opposites and it made no sense. They don’t see eye-to-eye and never will. I have always respected the office of the President. Every time the media brings up the tea party it’s painted as racist and extremists – but there’s never a backlash – no outrage to those comparisons… Working class people are hurting – and it doesn’t seem like anybody cares. When both sides are high-fiving it on the ninth hole when everybody else is without a job – it makes a whole lot of us angry. Something has to change. The policies have to change.”

He went on to call the President of the United States, the enemy. And he called President Obama and Vice President Biden the "three" stooges.

So much respect, eh?

He went on to call the President of the United States, the enemy. And he called President Obama and Vice President Biden the "three" stooges.

So much respect, eh?
Your 'outrage' is cute.

Really. :lol:

shallow said:
funny-animated-gif-004.gif

:lmao:

So much respect, eh?

If he has "strong opinions" and is "often misunderstood", then he should either keep his mouth shut or strap on a pair.

Forum List

Back