Happy Happy Dance!

You're better off vetoing the green freaks in your locale and trim the trees that are causing the outages.
In most states, electrical providers own their easement rights. As such, the providers are not only free to keep vegetation and forestation away from their physical plant, they are required to do so.

3 minutes and 20 seconds ago, we got our Electricity BACK!

We got over 15 inches of snow in a storm on Sunday, lost electric at noon, (and a few trees), and we just got it back!!!

:dance:

We have generator that we have used for the first time and extension cords are going every which way but loose around here, for when we were running it...the house looks like a war zone...candles and battery lanterns, and emergency radio with weather band, and all kinds of stuff we used the first day, thinking electric would come back on in a couple of hours, and then mud tracked through the house by my lovely husband who had to dig out the generator from the snow, which turned muddy...and dishes in the sink from having no water and ughhhhhhhhhhh, it is going to take me hours if not a couple of days to clean up this mess we made,

just from not having electricity....

Last Christmas, we had an ice storm here and lost electricity for a week...we had no working generator, there was no heat, no water, no lights and it was 10 degrees out...the house was so cold, that I OPENED my refrigerator to keep the food cold! :D

Anyway, since then, we got a working generator, a kerosine heater, and some lanterns, and other emergency stuff so that we would not go through that frozen hell, ever again!!!

This was a trial run, this early Nor'easter we got...and we have some kinks to work out, but I think we should be okay if we lose it again in the winter....

Our rural area, is ALWAYS THE LAST to get our electricity back....

In my own la la liberal world, :D .....I was kind of hoping it would be more fair, and since we were the last house to be reconnected during the ice storm catastrophe in December, that they might do us FIRST this time..... :lol:

no such luck!
Power companies may surprise you,
For example in urban and suburban areas, residential customers are invariably reconnected LAST.
It also depends upon the power company AND the size of the service area.
In this area, Duke Energy is the incumbent provider of electrical power( provided by nuclear, coal and hydro). Another portion of this area is served by a membership cooperative.
I have aquintances who reside over there. While it took 15 hrs to get our power back, they got theirs back in less than half the time.
So, living in a rural area, you'll probably always be one of the last to be reconnected.
BTW, why are you as a La La Lib using electricity generated by fossil fuels?
Unreal...
Our electricity is clean energy up here...It's HYDRO Power...from the fast running rivers and snow melt from our mountains and Canada..we are clean as a whistle....on electricity. :D
Ok..so what is used to lubricate the turbines? Want a hint? What is used to cool the generators? Want a hint?.
There is no such thing as "clean".. It may be "clean-er" but no energy production is without the use of carbon based fuels and substances.
And in the case of drought conditions? The alternative is?...Want a hint?
for us, it is wood..many power plants can burn wood for electricity if we run out of water....it's dirty...and it goes right to Europe...

As far as the rest of your comments or the point you are trying to make, I've never said oil should be eliminated, as in zero use...I don't know anybody who has suggested such either... a reduction in use, where at all possible, is not a bad thing either...

You're better off vetoing the green freaks in your locale and trim the trees that are causing the outages.
In most states, electrical providers own their easement rights. As such, the providers are not only free to keep vegetation and forestation away from their physical plant, they are required to do so.
Wait until you live around a college campus filled with grant-funded green freaks.

electric companies are suppose to do that....it's the law...we can't stop them from cutting limbs, even if we wanted to.... not if they could damage the lines.
Not where I live. The green freaks made things so bad that power outages occurred when someone sneezed. Eventually the squeaky wheels got the grease. And when the green freaks had to endure their own outages they relented.
Ain't that ironic

What's more, our historic neighborhood was one of a very few remaining with old, aesthetically correct incandescent street lights. The green freaks had them replaced with ugly lights because they weren't energy efficient and green. I asked the city council and they said the electric company did it and the electric company told me the city council did it.
Real world.

We got over 15 inches of snow in a storm on Sunday, lost electric at noon, (and a few trees), and we just got it back!!!

We have generator that we have used for the first time and extension cords are going every which way but loose around here, for when we were running it...the house looks like a war zone...candles and battery lanterns, and emergency radio with weather band, and all kinds of stuff we used the first day, thinking electric would come back on in a couple of hours, and then mud tracked through the house by my lovely husband who had to dig out the generator from the snow, which turned muddy...and dishes in the sink from having no water and ughhhhhhhhhhh, it is going to take me hours if not a couple of days to clean up this mess we made,

Last Christmas, we had an ice storm here and lost electricity for a week...we had no working generator, there was no heat, no water, no lights and it was 10 degrees out...the house was so cold, that I OPENED my refrigerator to keep the food cold! :D

Anyway, since then, we got a working generator, a kerosine heater, and some lanterns, and other emergency stuff so that we would not go through that frozen hell, ever again!!!

This was a trial run, this early Nor'easter we got...and we have some kinks to work out, but I think we should be okay if we lose it again in the winter....

In my own la la liberal world, :D .....I was kind of hoping it would be more fair, and since we were the last house to be reconnected during the ice storm catastrophe in December, that they might do us FIRST this time..... :lol:

no such luck!
For example in urban and suburban areas, residential customers are invariably reconnected LAST.
In this area, Duke Energy is the incumbent provider of electrical power( provided by nuclear, coal and hydro). Another portion of this area is served by a membership cooperative.
I have aquintances who reside over there. While it took 15 hrs to get our power back, they got theirs back in less than half the time.
So, living in a rural area, you'll probably always be one of the last to be reconnected.
Unreal...
Our electricity is clean energy up here...It's HYDRO Power...from the fast running rivers and snow melt from our mountains and Canada..we are clean as a whistle....on electricity. :D
Ok..so what is used to lubricate the turbines? Want a hint? What is used to cool the generators? Want a hint?.
There is no such thing as "clean".. It may be "clean-er" but no energy production is without the use of carbon based fuels and substances.
for us, it is wood..many power plants can burn wood for electricity if we run out of water....it's dirty...and it goes right to Europe...

As far as the rest of your comments or the point you are trying to make, I've never said oil should be eliminated, as in zero use...I don't know anybody who has suggested such either... a reduction in use, where at all possible, is not a bad thing either...
What's dirty? Burning wood?
I have to ask...are you saying the alternative fuel for power plants in Maine is "bambi's house?
Maine power companies commit deforestation?
If you think that everything made, consumed by human beings is "dirty", I would have to conclude you may have to move into a cave and go 100% primitive.

What's more, our historic neighborhood was one of a very few remaining with old, aesthetically correct incandescent street lights. The green freaks had them replaced with ugly lights because they weren't energy efficient and green. I asked the city council and they said the electric company did it and the electric company told me the city council did it.
Real world.
Members of these boards, hoa's and other similar groups are NAZI's.....They are the most hateful people on planet earth.
I give my HOA a hard time ( very rare I have interaction) when it suits me. I will email them about the stupid crap they try to pull. Such as attempting to change the covenants to ban on street parking. The HOA president here is a prick. He gets the HOA to issue these proxies on things HE wants. one of his pet peeves is the parking. Here's why he is such a prick. Our covenants sate that a quorum of proxies have to be received in order for any changes to the covenants can be made. He then sends email blasts indicating that he is "disappointed" in the proxy response. What he's really pissed about is he didn't get his way. He once sent an email blast that he was going to consult with the HOA law firm to see if the quorum regulation can be removed. He realized that this is a STATE statute. Sucker.....

Wait until you live around a college campus filled with grant-funded green freaks.
And guess what..These are the whiny little self absorbed assholes that bitch the loudest because their power keeps going out.

no such luck!

It is a shame that global warming missed you folks in the northeast. Sorry, I just couldn't resist.

Actually, one of the side effects of global warming is early and unusually cold winters.

Do you also believe in the tooth fairy?

no such luck!
Unreal...

What's dirty? Burning wood?
I have to ask...are you saying the alternative fuel for power plants in Maine is "bambi's house?
Maine power companies commit deforestation?
If you think that everything made, consumed by human beings is "dirty", I would have to conclude you may have to move into a cave and go 100% primitive.
Burning wood is dirty if not consumed at a very high temperature, yes, it does pollute the air... but, i would never call for the outlawing of it.... many people, maybe as much as a third of Mainers use wood, wood pellets, for heat.... our forests are managed....but not over managed, and they are here to stay for thousands of years to come, God willing, and as long as we can keep our paradise up here a secret and frighten everyone off from moving here by our scary winter stories, like my op!!!! :D

The wood pellets are from alder trees, scrub type trees that grow everywhere you don't want them... and only a miracle can kill them or the groves of them...and made from paper mill wastes and lumber waste....if toothpicks haven't been made from it.... :)

no such luck!

It is a shame that global warming missed you folks in the northeast. Sorry, I just couldn't resist.

Actually, one of the side effects of global warming is early and unusually cold winters.

"When we talk about global warming, we're not talking about how this summer's temperatures were hotter than last year's. Instead, we're talking about climate change, changes that happen to our environment, atmosphere and weather over time. Think decades, not seasons. The term global warming itself is a bit deceptive because it implies we should expect things to get hotter -- not necessarily stormier, drier and even, in some instances, colder. "

The Top 10 Worst Effects of Global Warming Discovery Channel

no such luck!

"When we talk about global warming, we're not talking about how this summer's temperatures were hotter than last year's. Instead, we're talking about climate change, changes that happen to our environment, atmosphere and weather over time. Think decades, not seasons. The term global warming itself is a bit deceptive because it implies we should expect things to get hotter -- not necessarily stormier, drier and even, in some instances, colder. "

The Top 10 Worst Effects of Global Warming Discovery Channel

When I talk about climate change I think back to summers that were hotter than last summer and winters that were colder than last winter. The climate change is cyclical, always has been and always will be.

Forum List

Back