🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Happy Hiroshima Day!

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

"In the first six to twelve months of a war with the United States and Great Britain I will run wild and win victory upon victory. But then, if the war continues after that, I have no expectation of success."

"Anyone who has seen the auto factories in Detroit and the oil fields in Texas knows that Japan lacks the national power for a naval race with America."

"To fight the United States is like fighting the whole world. But it has been decided. So I will fight the best I can."

"It is like a disease to think that an invincible status has been achieved after being satisfied with the past successful operations."

- Yamamoto
And? He was ignored by the Army.

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

"In the first six to twelve months of a war with the United States and Great Britain I will run wild and win victory upon victory. But then, if the war continues after that, I have no expectation of success."

"Anyone who has seen the auto factories in Detroit and the oil fields in Texas knows that Japan lacks the national power for a naval race with America."

"To fight the United States is like fighting the whole world. But it has been decided. So I will fight the best I can."

"It is like a disease to think that an invincible status has been achieved after being satisfied with the past successful operations."

- Yamamoto
He made all those statements, but he was the only one who believed that. But even he really didn’t believe it or he would have made more realistic battle plans at Coral Sea and Midway.

He made all those statements, but he was the only one who believed that. But even he really didn’t believe it or he would have made more realistic battle plans at Coral Sea and Midway.
So, you know his every thought and the thought of every member of the military and government of Japan at the time? Smack yourself in the face for that one. You know you deserve it, Mentok

So, you know his every thought and the thought of every member of the military and government of Japan at the time? Smack yourself in the face for that one. You know you deserve it, Mentok
It was pretty obvious from their conduct, that no members of the Japanese government, Army and few of the Navy realized what they were up against. If they had, they never would have picked a fight with the premier industrial giant on the planet. It shows in things like sending numerically inferior troops with inferior weapons time after time to dislodge the Americans on Guadalcanal, or sending a couple of thousand light infantry to invade and conquer Midway. Should I go on?

It was pretty obvious from ......
You know that is not logical. Don't do this to yourself.

Last edited:
If fdr hadn't been such a bloodthirsty bastard none of those battles may have happened at all.
Overtures to surrender had been floated via the Russians and through Swiss envoys, but the bloodthirsty fdr rejected the notion out of hand.

Actually, many of those were after the defeat of Germany. You are aware of that, right?

When FDR was already dead.

And the proposal attempts through the Swiss, Swedish, and Soviet governments were complete jokes. Complete resets to the status quo prior to December 1941. All allied forces leave lands they occupied, Japan would leave what few they still occupied. No war crime trials, no sanctions, no occupation. Oh, and the US did not even return to the Philippines. It would remain a US-Japanese governed demilitarized zone.

Not a single nation sent those proposals, because they knew the Allies would never accept it.

That would have been like if in January 1991 Saddam tried to forward that he would accept the end of the Gulf War, if all attacks on his country stopped and he kept Northern Kuwait as a protectorate.

Yeah, just because they made a proposal means nothing. It was a complete garbage proposal that never had a chance of being accepted. No more than if Hitler had tried that before he decided to try a Walther sandwich.

So, the atomic bombs were dropped in revenge for medical experiments? Do you have a link to a document indicating that as the specific justification for specifically targeting and killing civilians?
Nice spin! My point was letting the Japanese continue their war crimes on civilians instead of stopping them ASAP.

And you’re ignorant that the Japanese would surrender quickly. Fact remains that even after 2 nukes the Army attempted a coup to keep the war going. And if the coup had succeeded, you tell us how many more civilians of both sides would have died.

Pull the wild hair out of your ass. Just because you’re of Japanese decent doesn’t mean you need to put on your kamikaze outfit and die defending the Emperor every time WW2 Pacific theater is the topic. Hell, I’ve got German and Russian in my genes, and as you know I’m the first in line to attack the crap they pulled in the 20th century.

There were no civilians in Japan in 1945. Women and children were being trained to defend the homeland and to die in the effort.
FBDB9292-9750-44C3-BCEF-11FAD962E0BF.jpeg
5244D27D-DC0C-4263-AE73-D1D20FC4C94B.jpeg
2AE69CCA-E2B9-4FEC-85BB-ACFE0DD2B06D.jpeg
ED8B685F-67CD-4428-811D-C95EC119E7B0.jpeg
B020F07A-4828-4BFB-9BC6-54CDED9B264B.jpeg

World War 2 cost the world in lives lost ....glad we have peace with most of the countries we fought against back then.... considering the many tragedies of war at least we can be thankful for that peace .

It is surprising to see some conservatives cheering Truman's needless, barbaric nuking of anti-communist Japan. Japan did not "mess with America." FDR refused Japan's reasonable peace offers and provoked Japan to attack Pearl Harbor so he could enter WW II and save his beloved Soviet Union. FDR's and Truman's administrations were heavily penetrated with Soviet spies and sympathizers. A top Soviet policy goal was war between America and Japan, and FDR's disastrous pro-Soviet foreign policy toward Japan played a key role in making that goal become tragic reality.

There was absolutely no need to nuke Japan. Japan was prostrate, starving, and was virtually defenseless against air and naval attack.. Truman knew that most of Japan's leaders, including the emperor, wanted to end the war and were willing to surrender on very reasonable terms.

It is surprising to see some conservatives cheering Truman's needless, barbaric nuking of anti-communist Japan. Japan did not "mess with America." FDR refused Japan's reasonable peace offers and provoked Japan to attack Pearl Harbor so he could enter WW II and save his beloved Soviet Union. FDR's and Truman's administrations were heavily penetrated with Soviet spies and sympathizers. A top Soviet policy goal was war between America and Japan, and FDR's disastrous pro-Soviet foreign policy toward Japan played a key role in making that goal become tragic reality.

There was absolutely no need to nuke Japan. Japan was prostrate, starving, and was virtually defenseless against air and naval attack.. Truman knew that most of Japan's leaders, including the emperor, wanted to end the war and were willing to surrender on very reasonable terms.
Reasonable? Again for the slow and amazingly STUPID, before the nukes ALL Japan offered was a ceasefire and return to 41 start lines.

Another new member of the Ignoramus Club joins in.

One of the primary reasons America is so screwed up today is so many being ignorant of history.

It was pretty obvious from their conduct, that no members of the Japanese government, Army and few of the Navy realized what they were up against. If they had, they never would have picked a fight with the premier industrial giant on the planet. It shows in things like sending numerically inferior troops with inferior weapons time after time to dislodge the Americans on Guadalcanal, or sending a couple of thousand light infantry to invade and conquer Midway. Should I go on?

The problem that the stupid Japs had was their entire military was structured like the US Marine Corps. It was very heavy on combat troops but weak on logistics. For instance, most of the time they could keep only about 30-40% of their combat aircraft in operation because they didn't have spare parts. During most of the post Pearl Harbor attack time the average Jap soldier only had about 700 calories of food every day. Many times a lot less than that.

They started out the war with a first class Navy but we quickly decimated it. Then they had not much of anything.

They should have surrendered at Okinawa. It was all over by then except for how many more Japs and Americans were going to die. But they didn't surrender so they go nuked. Dumb shits!

100% correct, but many Americans can’t accept the truth. It’s just too hard for them. They WANT to believe the fairy tale.

Forum List

Back