Harry Reid is a horrid little man

<snipped because of the chaos caused by the choppy quotes>

I'm quite sure that Reid's Mormonism was known from his earliest days in politics. That's not something one hides. Good chance it was featured in the news with his approval -- Mormons kinda like attention -- or at least they try to get good attention since they know attention is unavoidable. Knowing he was a Mormon is what made me trust him initially. I thought that maybe it might have something to do with governing -- might make him better. I was wrong. But for the purposes of my OP it had nothing to do with governing. It has to do with the shame he has brought upon the faith I identify with. So if I'm part of his community, it's okay for me to judge? Then what are you quibbling about? I'm part of his community. Yes, Reid said that about Romney. As an American, as a Mormon, and as someone who is responsible for sending people to Washington to help stop people like Reid, I make judgments based on my observations. The LDS tenet is not to "not judge" but rather "don't judge unwisely". I have a multi-dimensional platform from which to judge Reid. And he is slime for what he has said about so many people he wrongly judged, in addition to the other wrongs he has committed as he has lied to us and failed to stand up to Obama when Obama did things he wouldn't have tolerated if Bush had tried them -- like that whole "let the President decide that the Senate is in recess" thing after all the things Reid did and said in relation to those pro forma Senate sessions while Bush was in office.

Last edited:

I'm quite sure that Reid's Mormonism was known from his earliest days in politics. That's not something one hides. Good chance it was featured in the news with his approval -- Mormons kinda like attention -- or at least they try to get good attention since they know attention is unavoidable. Knowing he was a Mormon is what made me trust him initially. I thought that maybe it might have something to do with governing -- might make him better. I was wrong. But for the purposes of my OP it had nothing to do with governing. It has to do with the shame he has brought upon the faith I identify with. So if I'm part of his community, it's okay for me to judge? Then what are you quibbling about? I'm part of his community. Yes, Reid said that about Romney. As an American, as a Mormon, and as someone who is responsible for sending people to Washington to help stop people like Reid, I make judgments based on my observations. The LDS tenet is not to "not judge" but rather "don't judge unwisely". I have a multi-dimensional platform from which to judge Reid. And he is slime for what he has said about so many people he wrongly judged, in addition to the other wrongs he has committed as he has lied to us and failed to stand up to Obama when Obama did things he wouldn't have tolerated if Bush had tried them -- like that whole "let the President decide that the Senate is in recess" thing after all the things Reid did and said in relation to those pro forma Senate sessions while Bush was in office.

Then you should have posted that part of it in the religion forum. A politician's or public official's religion has nothing to do with how they'll do their job. Zero. We are still not a theocracy, nor should we ever be.

And frankly the sentence "Mormons kinda like attention" is a bit scary. :doubt:

Somehow it escapes notice tha Nevada was the state most severely punished by The Great Obama Recession.
Wouldn't that go a long way toward proving that Reid is more concerned with serving the nation rather than bringing home pork?
Oh, and the fact that Nevada was hard hit by the recession MIGHT have something to do with the fact that Nevada's primary source of income is gaming and tourism. Strangely when the nation is in a recession heading for a depression people tend to cut down on trips and on gaming.

Then you should have posted that part of it in the religion forum. A politician's or public official's religion has nothing to do with how they'll do their job. Zero. We are still not a theocracy, nor should we ever be.

There is no compulsion to completely compartmentalize our complaints about a politician. Not in life. Not on this board. When the leader of the Senate makes moral judgments about concerned Americans from the Senate floor and your response is to parse my OP ... well :eusa_hand:

Reid lied to us and now calls people liars just because they managed to find someone with the wherewithal to help tell the story Reid hopes the nation will ignore.

And your quibble is that I should have made two or more separate posts in separate forums to criticize the various aspects of how repulsive Reid has been.

*sigh*

He is an embarrassment to the Senate, to the nation, to the LDS church, and to the human race.
He is loved in Nevada. In fact, in the last election in which he ran he was endorsed by the Nevada Republican Committee. When the opposition party endorses you, you have to be doing something right. Of course, the fact that the person running against Reid was Sharon angle might have had something to do with their decision. angle was a bigger digbat than Bachmann.

True. Sharon Angle arrived on planet Earth through Area 51 outside Roswell, New Mexico.
Actually Area 51 is a part of the Nevada Test Site which is located about 70 miles northwest of Las Vegas.
In Nevada the legislative Assembly has 42 members. A joke that was often used after a vote was that the final result was 41 to Angle. She had a history of voting "no" on almost vote taken.

I have to ask conservatives, why was Sharon Angle so much of a nutbar that she couldn't have replaced a true give almond joy dude called Ol' Harry?

There is no compulsion to completely compartmentalize our complaints about a politician. Not in life. Not on this board. When the leader of the Senate makes moral judgments about concerned Americans from the Senate floor and your response is to parse my OP ... well :eusa_hand:

Reid lied to us and now calls people liars just because they managed to find someone with the wherewithal to help tell the story Reid hopes the nation will ignore.

And your quibble is that I should have made two or more separate posts in separate forums to criticize the various aspects of how repulsive Reid has been.

*sigh*

Yeah, it is.

... and?

My basic question stands: what does a politician's religion have to do with his or her ability to function? And the answer is still: nothing.

Your OP has a good point with which I agree; I can't fathom personally how a Harry Reid gets to be elected to anything, let alone a leader. But that has nothing to do with his religion. It has to do with his character. And that's all it should be. I'm saying you weakened your own point with that red herring. Or as you term it, that compartmentalization. It's irrelevant. That's all.

Last edited:
Yes, he's an embarrassment to many people in this state. We could have been rid of him too in 2010 had the GOP not nominated that screwball Angle to run against him.

Screwball or not, there's a lot of evidence that that election was rigged.
Strange. It seems that EVERY election the gop loses is "rigged."
Here is a thought, maybe republicans are losing elections because many republicans have left the party. According to a recent poll only 25% of Americans identify themselves as republicans. Here is another thought, it is very hard for the republican party to win elections when you have turned the Blacks, Hispanics, Asians, elderly, college students, and women against the republican party.
Look at my signature. It truly says what I feel and the thing is, I am not the only former republican who thinks like this. When a ship sinks the rats leave first. As the republican party sinks it is the rats who have stayed behind.

Come on people what made Angle a "nut job".

I want specifics.

Running away from reporters?

Campaigning against a school wearing black jerseys because black is the color of evil?

Telling young rape victims that they should take those lemons and make lemonade?

There was more. Those are just off the top of my head.

Last edited:
He is an embarrassment to the Senate, to the nation, to the LDS church, and to the human race.
He is loved in Nevada. In fact, in the last election in which he ran he was endorsed by the Nevada Republican Committee. When the opposition party endorses you, you have to be doing something right. Of course, the fact that the person running against Reid was Sharon angle might have had something to do with their decision. angle was a bigger digbat than Bachmann.

Of course all women who are not democrats are dingbats to democrats.
Not so. A dingbat is a dingbat regardless of what party they belong to but for some strange reason they tend to do much better in the republican party. How else do you explain people like palin, Bachmann, O'Donnell (I am not a witch), and angle?

come on people what made angle a "nut job".

I want specifics.
do your own research!

Amelia posted this....
Running away from reporters?

Campaigning against a school wearing black jerseys because black is the color of evil?

Telling young rape victims that they should take those lemons and make lemonade?

There was more. Those are just off the top of my head.

At least she went by memory and posted somewhat in the way of examples.
Get it?

hr leads the party of no

as in nothing the Houses passes will be voted on.

I am not sure I agree with all of that but I can damn sure tell you that not one of the 47 House votes to end ACA will come up. Also, I am pretty sure the recent House vote to defund ACORN will not be voted on since ACORN was shut down back in 2010.
(Isn't that a pisser! Your party votes to defund an organization that has been out of existence for 3 years.)

come on people what made angle a "nut job".

I want specifics.
do your own research!

No...Those on your side made the claims. Have the balls to back up those claims.
Give examples.
You don't get to come on here, throw mud at the wall in a drive by post then demand others support your claim.
YOU support YOUR claims.
Hummmmm..... Maybe it is you who lack the balls to prove the person was in error. Frankly my opinion of tinydancer has sunk to the level where I would refuse to piss on her head if her hair were on fire.

Loved in Nevada? Really? He won his last election with 50.29% of the vote against Angle. That's razor thin.
That was when the tea party still had some creditability. Today I would expect him to win by a much larger margin. But that aside, count up the number of terms he has been in office. If I am not mistaken the head of the Senate is chosen based on seniority.

do your own research!

No...Those on your side made the claims. Have the balls to back up those claims.
Give examples.
You don't get to come on here, throw mud at the wall in a drive by post then demand others support your claim.
YOU support YOUR claims.
Hummmmm..... Maybe it is you who lack the balls to prove the person was in error. Frankly my opinion of tinydancer has sunk to the level where I would refuse to piss on her head if her hair were on fire.

Hummmm... when you have to jump up the size of all your posts, chirp "do your own research" at a poster you weren't even involved with and start talking about pissing on posters' heads, you're the one with the balls out of play, Homer. :eusa_hand:

This is a debate zone. Either grow up or let the adults handle it. You're way over the line.

Last edited:
Conservatives hate him...he must be doing something right

Because he is a one man bottleneck to progress. You won't know it because of the complicit MSM, but the house which represents the people pumps out legislation all the time. Harry kills it. Why won't he allow an up or down vote on bills? Harry is the key. No one else is. He should be hated.
Reid doesn't bring up a lot of votes because they are garbage bills designed to waste time and fail. Last year the House voted to defund ACORN. Reid did not bring up that bill for a vote. MAYBE IT IS BECAUSE ACORN WHEN OUT OF BUSINESS BACK IN 2010 (ya think).
Oh, and as far as it being strictly the Democrats fault, think again. Even former Republican presidential candidate Bob Dole has condemned the current Republican party for the way it is doing business.

Forum List

Back