Harry reid ready to rush through internet sales tax; obama endorses

starve the beast and weaken it so it can be easily drown in the bathtub.

The only thing the right in this country would be willing to spend on is a bathtub big enough to kill it in

I can't imagine this is any sort of a possibility and I'm cautious since the source of this is from a wordpress blog. But this country would have a major temper tantrum if internet tax suddenly sprang out of nowhere. I certainly know I'd have a fit since most of my big purchases are off the internet.

Good for Harry. Nyet to this governmental overreach of keeping guns out the hands of the bipolar and schizophrenic, and full speed ahead to raising taxes! God Bless the Majority Leader and the GD teaparty for running a Loon against him! God Bless! (irony)

This is what happens when the fascists won't tax the wealthy.

yeah, because when they get taxed, it doesnt effect us....are you stupid or just dumb?

And I thought Obama did tax the weathly or am I wrong on this?

The only thing the right in this country would be willing to spend on is a bathtub big enough to kill it in

I could sell you one but I bet you would buy it off the net anyhow to avoid the taxes
Hey, I freely admit that I buy all my gear online when I can, specifically to not pay sales tax (and also because I've built up a relationship with these dealers).

But just as I am not going to donate more of my money to the Treasury, I'm not going to willingly pay more for an item than I need to.

That's why the government needs to level the playing field.

I think to be fair every retailer in the country should be required to verify the person's residence for each sale and remit the proper sales tax.

I.E. if you are visiting NH from Mass, you have to show proper ID in order to buy anything and the store has to collect the proper Mass sales tax for the resident address.
Conversely if a NH resident is visiting NYC, no tax would be collected.

Proper ID required for all sales of anything that's taxed in the state you have declared as your residence.

Some states don't tax food and or clothing, others do.

Says someone who has never owned a business.

Why should I have to keep records, file forms and remit taxes to every fucking state in the union without being compensated for my time?

Yep. Another bureaucratic cluster that sticks it to the little man.

!966 and The Beatles were singing about the government ripoff known as taxes....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oyu5sFzWLk8]The Beatles - Taxman (remastered) - YouTube[/ame]

Any tax is bad to these freeloaders.

No lets ditch the income tax and go to a national sales tax..

That to me honestly makes the most sense. Our tax system is so fucking stupid. I've heard liberals argue against a balanced national sales tax and it makes me want to slap the taste out of their mouth.

I couldnt agree more, you get the criminal element and the paid under the table people paying, so I think we could do it without a loss of revenue....and no more deductions...or "special interest".....win win

Any tax is bad to these freeloaders.

No lets ditch the income tax and go to a national sales tax..

That to me honestly makes the most sense. Our tax system is so fucking stupid. I've heard liberals argue against a balanced national sales tax and it makes me want to slap the taste out of their mouth.

OK, then answer this: how would you prevent the lobbyists from making the sales tax riddled with as many loopholes and exceptions as the tax system we have now?

I could sell you one but I bet you would buy it off the net anyhow to avoid the taxes

How much would you sell that tub for Grampa?

For about 300 more than the internet.

Believe it or not many of my 1% ers say they know it's cheaper on the net but opt to support their local businesses instead.

Devils Advocate here but consider this will you....

I lose about 50% of plumbing hardware sales to the internet. On an average job that would total about 2k. And thats just me. One small business.

Imagine if the internet had to compete on a level playing field. Imagine the possible boom to local retailers if their competition on the internet didn't get an automatic leg up.

For things not available locally, I should pay premium prices? Or I should be forced to buy materials in huge quantities just because the cost of shipping is already outrageous? Do you really think its a bargain to buy off the internet?
Example: I make soap. I need sodium hydroxide to make soap, about 24 oz per batch of soap. To order 5 or 10 lbs of sodium hydroxide, I end up paying almost $100 to have it shipped, if I can find a vendor who will ship it. So I am forced to buy 50 lb bags of the stuff locally. Cheaper, yes, but now I have a boatload of caustic soda to store safely until I can use it. Well, I guess I could sell small batches to the local meth makers. (Which is why you cannot buy sodium hydroxide in the 2lb cans like we used to be able to.) Government regulations DO NOT make things better. Government regulations SUCK. Government is not your friend, whether you own a "brick and mortar" place or whether you sell on the net. Do you honestly think that punishing the competition is going to help your business enough to warrant the cost of supporting yet more government bureaucracy and regulation?

Forum List

Back