Harvey Milk gets a stamp

In the past people were honored with their picture on a stamp for being a notable in their field; be it science, music, politics, business, cured diseases, war hero, etc.

Now we are honoring a pervert with a stamp because liked to get his fudge packed. ... :cuckoo:

I'm sure that's what a few KKK folks still complain about anything honoring Rosa Parks as "an uppity negress who didn't like her seat"

It's just opinion at the end of the day.
What was Harvey's accomplishment again?

THIS.....

kenneth-the-got-harvey-milk-742110-740x492.jpg

Postal Service to issue forever stamp commemorating Harvey Milk - latimes.com

Harvey Milk, the slain politician who became an icon of equal rights not just for the gay community in San Francisco but across the nation, will be commemorated in a forever stamp next month, the U.S. Postal Service announced Tuesday.

The stamp's issue will coincide with Milk's birthday on May 22. The stamps will be available in sheets of 20 and may be pre-ordered.

The image on the stamp comes from a circa-1977 photo taken by Daniel Nicoletta of Milk in front of Castro Street Camera in San Francisco. Antonio Alcalá of Alexandria, Va., oversaw art direction for the stamp.

The stamp comes a little more than 35 years after Milk's assassination in San Francisco City Hall alongside then-Mayor George Moscone on Nov. 27, 1978. Milk had won a seat on the Board of Supervisors in 1977.

In a news release, the Postal Service called Milk a "visionary leader" who gave hope and confidence to the LGBT community.

Milk's legacy has continued to thrive decades after his death with numerous books and films made about his life. In 2009, President Obama posthumously awarded Milk the Medal of Freedom.

Milk's stamp will join others honoring prominent figures, including former U.S. Rep. Shirley Chisholm, former President Reagan and civil rights activist Rosa Parks.

Postal Service to issue forever stamp commemorating Harvey Milk - latimes.com

Stand back.

Here comes the lies and hate from you-know-who ...

:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

Oh yeah! One of the men who swore Jim Jones was the best, and the people trying to let the world know what was going on were "liars and the lowest people on earth!" Nearly one thousand people died because of Jones.

http://www.brasscheck.com/jonestown/milk.jpg

More who thought he was the cats meow: Jerry Brown, Rosalyn Carter, Jimmy Carter, Mayor Moscone, Art Agnos, Mervyn Dymally, Walter Mondale,....

Leo Ryan was the only one with any common sense to know something was wrong, and he died trying to rescue those people.

What if, what if, they had kept their political weight out of it, what if...

Leo Joseph Ryan . Jonestown: The Life and Death of Peoples Temple . WGBH American Experience | PBS

Peoples Temple - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This example is where politicians should keep their mouths shut instead of allowing emotion to appeal to them.

In the past people were honored with their picture on a stamp for being a notable in their field; be it science, music, politics, business, cured diseases, war hero, etc.

Now we are honoring a pervert with a stamp because liked to get his fudge packed. ... :cuckoo:

I'm sure that's what a few KKK folks still complain about anything honoring Rosa Parks as "an uppity negress who didn't like her seat"

It's just opinion at the end of the day.
What was Harvey's accomplishment again?

Same with Elvis the drug addict Presley, don't mention the age of his live in lover Prescilla..when they were living together, she was 16,impregnated and then finally wed to Elvis, but hey! He's the biggest seller on the postage stamps, so that makes it okey dokey...

Love the comments in this thread!
Gay people, Run! Get your gun.

Sent from my iPhone using the tears of Raider's fans.

Lighten up lefties. The only thing the milkman was famous for was sodomy and assassination. Nobody except stamp collectors are even aware of his infamy.

Sure buy a stamp of a pedophilic drug abuser, it's closer to conservative morals...Be sure to buy a page of Elvis stamps...to-day!

The poor guy got murdered and he was a sodomite so how does that merit a postage stamp in his honor? Every Police Officer who died in the line of duty should have a postage stamp in his honor. Certainly every member of the Military who died serving his Country should have a postage stamp in his honor regardless of their sexual orientation..

Harvey Milk's life is an inspiration to confused gay children and to gay adults who live in a society that is extremely hostile towards their existence. I think it is a great message from the government that they are putting out this stamp.

Harvey Milk's life is an inspiration to confused gay children and to gay adults who live in a society that is extremely hostile towards their existence. I think it is a great message from the government that they are putting out this stamp.

I agree and I'll buy/use them.

He worked for equality for all, straights and gay, men and women, of all colors. He's definitely a worthwhile recipient.

Lighten up lefties. The only thing the milkman was famous for was sodomy and assassination. Nobody except stamp collectors are even aware of his infamy.

[MENTION=27324]whitehall[/MENTION]

Just because you're clueless doesn't mean everyone else is too.

The poor guy got murdered and he was a sodomite so how does that merit a postage stamp in his honor? Every Police Officer who died in the line of duty should have a postage stamp in his honor. Certainly every member of the Military who died serving his Country should have a postage stamp in his honor regardless of their sexual orientation..

they have one for those guys....its called "Those who Served"....there is just too many to have one for each person....even Superman has one....

yawn....who cares? Nobody uses stamps anymore. I bought a few hundred bucks worth of "forever" stamps a few years ago....still have a few hundred bucks worth....:lol:

yawn....who cares? Nobody uses stamps anymore. I bought a few hundred bucks worth of "forever" stamps a few years ago....still have a few hundred bucks worth....:lol:

A philatelist buys them.....thats a stamp collector to you less knowledgeable people out there.....

Clue me in then. Pat Tillman gave up a career in the NFL to serve in the Military and was killed in action....No stamp yet. How is the milkman's career more important?

Clue me in then. Pat Tillman gave up a career in the NFL to serve in the Military and was killed in action....No stamp yet. How is the milkman's career more important?

Ted Williams doesn't have a stamp either

Forum List

Back