Harvey Milk gets a stamp

Lighten up lefties. The only thing the milkman was famous for was sodomy and assassination. Nobody except stamp collectors are even aware of his infamy.

[MENTION=27324]whitehall[/MENTION]

Just because you're clueless doesn't mean everyone else is too.

Clue me in then. Pat Tillman gave up a career in the NFL to serve in the Military and was killed in action....No stamp yet. How is the milkman's career more important?

Yeah, but thanks to Harvey, the first ever "Twinkie Defense" was used successfully.

Postal Service to issue forever stamp commemorating Harvey Milk - latimes.com

Harvey Milk, the slain politician who became an icon of equal rights not just for the gay community in San Francisco but across the nation, will be commemorated in a forever stamp next month, the U.S. Postal Service announced Tuesday.

The stamp's issue will coincide with Milk's birthday on May 22. The stamps will be available in sheets of 20 and may be pre-ordered.

The image on the stamp comes from a circa-1977 photo taken by Daniel Nicoletta of Milk in front of Castro Street Camera in San Francisco. Antonio Alcalá of Alexandria, Va., oversaw art direction for the stamp.

The stamp comes a little more than 35 years after Milk's assassination in San Francisco City Hall alongside then-Mayor George Moscone on Nov. 27, 1978. Milk had won a seat on the Board of Supervisors in 1977.

In a news release, the Postal Service called Milk a "visionary leader" who gave hope and confidence to the LGBT community.

Milk's legacy has continued to thrive decades after his death with numerous books and films made about his life. In 2009, President Obama posthumously awarded Milk the Medal of Freedom.

Milk's stamp will join others honoring prominent figures, including former U.S. Rep. Shirley Chisholm, former President Reagan and civil rights activist Rosa Parks.

Postal Service to issue forever stamp commemorating Harvey Milk - latimes.com

Stand back.

Here comes the lies and hate from you-know-who ...

:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

He was murdered because he was gay, pure and simple. A true hate crime. And he was a trailblazer, one of the first openly gay public officials, elected public officials. He deserves recognition.

yawn....who cares? Nobody uses stamps anymore. I bought a few hundred bucks worth of "forever" stamps a few years ago....still have a few hundred bucks worth....:lol:

A philatelist buys them.....thats a stamp collector to you less knowledgeable people out there.....

I had a stamp book when I was a kid. Got bored with it when my testicles dropped....

PS- these are a "limited edition"- limited to as many as they can sell......:lol:

Clue me in then. Pat Tillman gave up a career in the NFL to serve in the Military and was killed in action....No stamp yet. How is the milkman's career more important?

Ted Williams doesn't have a stamp either
And Red Buttons never got a dinner.

LOL Sorry, but giving up a football career is not an honorable thing. All he is giving up is money and fame. So what? Why do you worship someone who is a money making machine? Doing something for society is always the right thing to do. Why do we reward people who give up something self serving and meaningless to do what is the right thing in the first place? Why do we worship people because they can play football or basketball, etc.? Those are kids' games.

Funny how people are listing entertainers. Being an entertainer is what you think deserves so much respect? An entertainer, a sports star? That is what you think deserves so much respect instead of someone who risked his life to serve the public? Crazy.

Last edited:
Ted Williams doesn't have a stamp either

LOL Sorry, but giving up a football career is not an honorable thing. All he is giving up is money and fame. So what? Why do you worship someone who is a money making machine? Doing something for society is always the right thing to do. Why do we reward people who give up something self serving and meaningless to do what is the right thing in the first place? Why do we worship people because they can play football or basketball, etc.? Those are kids' games.

Funny how people are listing entertainers. Being an entertainer is what you think deserves so much respect? An entertainer, a sports star? That is what you think deserves so much respect instead of someone who risked his life to serve the public? Crazy.

I agree that entertainers and sports celebs ain't worth much more than their press agents can dig up but WTF do we respect these days? Nut case Hollywood celebs and sodomites? Pat Tillman served his Country and he was killed in action. Harvey Milktoast admitted that he took it in the ass and he was ass..assinated. Who deserves the stamp more?

I agree that entertainers and sports celebs ain't worth much more than their press agents can dig up but WTF do we respect these days? Nut case Hollywood celebs and sodomites? Pat Tillman served his Country and he was killed in action. Harvey Milktoast admitted that he took it in the ass and he was ass..assinated. Who deserves the stamp more?

The fact you use the word 'sodomite' makes it clear this is a religious value with you: that is a word from the Bible. We are a SECULAR nation. Your religious beliefs are your personal beliefs. The US government and it's people do not have to by any means adhere to your religious and personal beliefs.

Pat Tillman gave up a very lucrative career in the NFL to go into harm's way serving his country, died doing so and you don't recognize it because it involves a sport? Yet you think Milk was some kind of hero because he was a open homosexual and wasn't even putting his life on the line? That in your mind transcends Tillman's sacrifice? Liberals definitely have different wiring in their skulls.

Harvey Milk News - The New York Times
He, along with San Francisco mayor George Moscone, was shot and killed on Nov. 27, 1978 by Dan White, a former supervisor who had resigned his seat and who became enraged when the mayor would not reappoint him.

Pat Tillman gave up a very lucrative career in the NFL to go into harm's way serving his country, died doing so and you don't recognize it because it involves a sport? Yet you think Milk was some kind of hero because he was a open homosexual and wasn't even putting his life on the line? That in your mind transcends Tillman's sacrifice? Liberals definitely have different wiring in their skulls.

Harvey Milk News - The New York Times
He, along with San Francisco mayor George Moscone, was shot and killed on Nov. 27, 1978 by Dan White, a former supervisor who had resigned his seat and who became enraged when the mayor would not reappoint him.

Why don't you have as much concern for all the other young men and women who serve in the US military and are killed in that service? Why only concern for someone who gave up a financially lucrative career in professional sports? Why do you worship professional athletes? Isn't the average GI Joe or Jane just as important? Aren't their deaths just as important as some guy who plays football? Conservatives definitely have different wiring in their skulls.

Why don't you have as much concern for all the other young men and women who serve in the US military and are killed in that service? Why only concern for someone who gave up a financially lucrative career in professional sports? Why do you worship professional athletes? Isn't the average GI Joe or Jane just as important? Aren't their deaths just as important as some guy who plays football? Conservatives definitely have different wiring in their skulls.
More false allegations. I don't care about anyone else and they don't matter? I pointed out the fact that he gave up big time money, few would do that. I didn't say his life was worth more. And I still don't understand why Milk's murder makes him a hero, he knew he might be gunned down at the office?

What we should do is find the headstone where they buried Jack McKinley and cover it with the new Harvey Milk stamps. Jack McKinley was the 16 year old mentally ill homeless minor that Milk lured into his home to sodomize [and then later dump for younger boys]. Milk officiated as McKinley's father while he was also sodomizing him.

Agonized over Milk's rejection of him for younger meat as he aged, McKinley jumped to his death in NYNY at the age of 33.

And there were many many other teen boys Milk used in the same manner. He liked them homeless, vulnerable and young.

In the same spirit as the Harvey Milk stamp, I recommend a Jerry Sandusky stamp with the official youth sports insignia.

What we should do is find the headstone where they buried Jack McKinley and cover it with the new Harvey Milk stamps. Jack McKinley was the 16 year old mentally ill homeless minor that Milk lured into his home to sodomize [and then later dump for younger boys]. Milk officiated as McKinley's father while he was also sodomizing him.

Agonized over Milk's rejection of him for younger meat as he aged, McKinley jumped to his death in NYNY at the age of 33.

And there were many many other teen boys Milk used in the same manner. He liked them homeless, vulnerable and young.

In the same spirit as the Harvey Milk stamp, I recommend a Jerry Sandusky stamp with the official youth sports insignia.
I didn't know all that. And the left idolizes the creep? I wish he had died much sooner.

Forum List

Back