Hate Crime Bill Set to Pass?

i never flew away nor did i claim to be an authority; that would be you..

i'm pretty sure hate *crime* law would fall under the criminal law rubric, but of course, you'd know better. :lol:

Check the edit, genius.

And no, I never claimed to be an authority. Whassamatter, don't know what the word means? I'll wait while you go look it up :lol:

check what edit, asshat?

Oy. At first I said we weren't talking about the criminal justice system since we, you know, weren't. We were focused on me, and my career, because you all can't seem to focus on anything more substantial.

Then I realized that you, or whoever it was, was going back to the original issue of hate crimes legislation. Hence the edit.

Ok. Lets explore this for a moment. What exactly do you know about people who don't commit crimes because of laws that exist?

Because thats part of the issue here. And your experience tells you jack shit about them. You have a one sided, ignorant viewpoint that is cabined from your work. Try and expand it a little bit. You are NOT an expert on why people commit crimes, just because you work in the criminal justice system.

Wrong. Hate crimes laws DO NOT DETER racists from committing crimes. They INSPIRE THEM. It gives them a bully pulpit, a place to show the world how downtrodden they are, and how they are fighting the good fight against evil ________. (fill in the relevant blank). I know this from working with white supremacists and skinheads FOR YEARS.

Furthermore, I have been involved in drafting and helping to pass sentencing enhancements at the state level. I KNOW how they work, intricately. You have no idea who I am, and what I do. You're a student who knows just enough to sound educated, but not enough to keep from getting into trouble in a discussion of the tangibles.

So, don't call this an appeal to authority. You asked what I know. What I know is the real world application of enhancements, how they are prosecuted, and how they work. My area of specialization is gangs, but the applications of enhancements are basically the same. I'm not a prosecutor, but I understand this issue as well as most prosecutors do, and better than 95% of other types of lawyers. The corporate types don't have a clue how enhancements work.

Just as clearly as I know what I know, it's clear that you don't know what you don't know. And sometimes, in the real world, learning what you DON'T KNOW is pretty damn important.

I can tell from your responses here that all of this is theoretical to you. It's OBVIOUS.

That's what's hilarious about your claims that I'm using an appeal to authority. YOU ARE TOO, in your own misguided way. You believe that because you're a law student, you're an authority ON THE LAW. But the fact of the matter is that you've probably never drafted a piece of actual legislation, looking for possible pitfalls that will ultimately hang up the very people that the law is intended to help (prosecutors) and you have no idea how these enhancements play out in the real world.

TFF. :lol:

Here's the thing, law student. When you actually get out and start practicing law, be prepared to be fucking SCHOOLED by quite a few non-law school graduates. When you get out there working in the real world, if you plan to work with criminals, there are going to be a lot of people who don't give a shit where you went to school. That part of your lfe is over. What matters is what you can DO. And at this point, you can't do dick.

That's where you rank on the scheme of things, fancy law degree, and all. It's going to take you YEARS to earn the respect, daily, that you feel entitled to at this moment in time simply because of the name of your law school.

And there are going to be a shit ton of old heads out there, like me, who are going to be laughing our asses off every time you step in it, like you did in this thread. We expect it of you, and you WILL NOT DISAPPOINT.

You're all ego and no substance right now. but you'll learn...oh yes, you'll learn.

Last edited:
Check the edit, genius.

And no, I never claimed to be an authority. Whassamatter, don't know what the word means? I'll wait while you go look it up :lol:

check what edit, asshat?

Oy. At first I said we weren't talking about the criminal justice system since we, you know, weren't. We were focused on me, and my career, because you all can't seem to focus on anything more substantial.

Then I realized that you, or whoever it was, was going back to the original issue of hate crimes legislation. Hence the edit.

no, you're focused on you.
i'm laughing at you.

see the difference?

Then don't. You clearly don't even have the capacity to do so, so the fact that you won't try to do so is not troubling to me.

And you wonder why people think you're an arrogant, wet-behind-the ears, know-nothing.

No, I don't wonder about it. When I show people are wrong, and I do it harshly, they generally think I am arrogant. Sorry that I have so little patience for your stupidity. If you want someone to coddle you, find someone else.

Oy. I don't answer questions to give the minimum amount of information possible. This back and forth is annoying enough, without doing that. I answer what seems to be the thrust of your question, not the base minimum question. You, presumably, aren't a lawyer, so I see no reason to treat your questions as technical, precise ones.

and you are a lawyer?

a piece of advice, do not assume anything about anyone...it will more often than not come back to haunt you. i still tell myself that almost everyday, assuming things, especially in law, is not smart and usually causes you to overlook key facts or issues.

I'm not assuming your not a lawyer. I'm acting as if you aren't, until I have some evidence otherwise. Acting as if you were, especially here, would lead to you being more confused than you already seem to be.

i would stop talking about yourself and lawschool, its embarassing....whether i am a lawyer or not has no bearing on my stature here. i don't run around telling people i'm in lawschool or i am a lawyer in the hopes that this fact alone bolster's my point.

and dude, do you really want to keep up the insults about reasoning? then wtf did you bitch about being mocked in the first place?

Ok. Lets explore this for a moment. What exactly do you know about people who don't commit crimes because of laws that exist?

Because thats part of the issue here. And your experience tells you jack shit about them. You have a one sided, ignorant viewpoint that is cabined from your work. Try and expand it a little bit. You are NOT an expert on why people commit crimes, just because you work in the criminal justice system.

Wrong. Hate crimes laws DO NOT DETER racists from committing crimes. They INSPIRE THEM. It gives them a bully pulpit, a place to show the world how trodden upon they are, and how they are fighting the good fight against evil ________. (fill in the relevant blank). I know this from working with, and doing training for years on, white supremacists and extremist groups.

Yes, of course. I'll take your word for it. :lol:

Furthermore, I have been involved in drafting and helping to pass sentencing enhancements at the state level. I KNOW how they work, intricately.

Sure you have.

So, don't call this an appeal to authority. You asked what I knew. What I know is the real world application of enhancements, how they are prosecuted, and how they work. Clearly, you don't.

No, I didn't ask what you knew. You volunteered it. Bragging, one might say :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I can tell from your responses here that all of this is theoretical to you. It's SO OBVIOUS.

Of course you can. You and Tech are little internet psychologists.

Sorry, but its not theoretical to me. Its real.

That's what's hilarious about your claims that I'm using an appeal to authority. YOU ARE TOO, in your own misguided way. You believe that because you're a law student, you're an authority ON THE LAW. But the fact of the matter is that you've probably never drafted a piece of legislation, and you have no idea how these enhancements play out in the real world.

TFF. :lol:

Of course. I'm using an appeal to authority...despite the fact that I've never appealed to my own authority. Its a "mental" appeal to authority :lol::lol::lol:

check what edit, asshat?

i'm laughing at you.

see the difference?

I didn't bring me up, genius.

and you are a lawyer?

a piece of advice, do not assume anything about anyone...it will more often than not come back to haunt you. i still tell myself that almost everyday, assuming things, especially in law, is not smart and usually causes you to overlook key facts or issues.

I'm not assuming your not a lawyer. I'm acting as if you aren't, until I have some evidence otherwise. Acting as if you were, especially here, would lead to you being more confused than you already seem to be.

i would stop talking about yourself and lawschool, its embarassing....whether i am a lawyer or not has no bearing on my stature here. i don't run around telling people i'm in lawschool or i am a lawyer in the hopes that this fact alone bolster's my point.

Neither do I. Of course you've all made the same, demonstrably false, point by now. Surprise, surprise.

and dude, do you really want to keep up the insults about reasoning? then wtf did you bitch about being mocked in the first place?

Umm, I haven't bitched about being mocked. I find it amusing, really. Its hilarious to see you all pile onto one person, and still lose.

i'm laughing at you.

see the difference?

I didn't bring me up, genius.

i didn't think you brought you up.

Last edited:
No, I don't wonder about it. When I show people are wrong, and I do it harshly, they generally think I am arrogant. Sorry that I have so little patience for your stupidity. If you want someone to coddle you, find someone else.

The problem being that you have only shown yourself to be an idiot in this thread. Anyone who knows anything at all about this issue (Skydancer doesn't count, we know she's retarded) knows you've totally stepped in it, repeatedly.

As for me, I'm just savoring the lamentation of the women.

Ok. Lets explore this for a moment. What exactly do you know

Heh.

Try to keep track of what you ask for, grasshopper. You're looking really tarded right now. I know why criminals commit crimes. I deal with the research daily.

Please. Feel free to keep digging. This is fucking funny.

The problem being that you have only shown yourself to be an idiot in this thread. Anyone who knows anything at all about this issue (Skydancer doesn't count, we know she's retarded) knows you've totally stepped in it, repeatedly.

As for me, I'm just savoring the lamentation of the women.

tsk tsk. Appealing to authority again. And after I pointed out the flaw to you.

Ok. Lets explore this for a moment. What exactly do you know

Heh.

Try to keep track of what you ask for, grasshopper. You're looking really tarded right now. I know why criminals commit crimes. I deal with the research daily.

Please. Feel free to keep digging. This is fucking funny.

Hahaha. Way to take the quote completely out of context. I didn't ask what you knew, I asked you what you knew about something you know jack shit about. Because its IMPOSSIBLE to know what I asked you about.

Wow. I knew you were a dishonest shithead, but that really takes the cake.

Forum List

Back