Have blacks ever apologized for all the slaves they owned.?

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
Prior to the War Against States Rights of 1861-65 there were lots of free blacks in america who owned slaves. They never apologized. Only white people are stupid enough to apologize.

Blacks need not apologize for shit.
Not their stupidity, their crimes, their hate, their militancy.... not shit.

They are, however, owed apology and recompense. For what?

Anything they feel owed them. Which is... everything.

It's time whites stopped apologizing for something this generation never did.

It's also time that blacks start appreciating the country they live in and take responsibility for their place in this world.

It's time for both blacks, whites and every creed to realize it's themselves that will determine their future by how much effort they put into their education, their jobs and willingness to work to get ahead in whatever they do.

Personally, I think countries like Saudi Arabia should apologise for their involvement in 9/11.

Turkey should apologise for the Armenian genocide.

Germany should have (and has) apologised for the Holocaust.

Truth. Honesty. Openness.

I'm a successful, educated, secure white guy. Despite having everything going against me in America, I still made it.

Last edited:

It's also time that blacks start appreciating the country they live in and take responsibility for their place in this world.

Generally speaking, many within the black population HAVE appreciated this country. I know quite a few military veterans who fought in the Korean War, Vietnam, and even knew a few WW2 vets who proudly served,came home, and then could not even get "served" a sandwich in a local restaurant in their hometown.

Also I have known quite a few black citizens who grew up through the 40's, 50's and 60's, (as i did) when it was the norm to be viewed as inferior, but still never stopped "appreciating" the country.

Through it all, none of them ever stopped "appreciating" this country, although it had laws in effect that did not appreciate them.

Even today, contrary to what is posted by the misinformed lunatic fringe in these types of forums, your average black "man on the street" wastes no time "waiting for an apology from whites" for what happened years ago.

Believe it or not, the majority( the ones that I know, which is very likely to be far more than the average white poster in this forum) live in the here and now, and have homes, families, and responsibilities that come first, and don't give whites in general a second thought.

Last edited:
I'm a successful, educated, secure white guy. Despite having everything going against me in America, I still made it.

not every white person carries your heavy burden of guilt

how can you take all that guilt on your shoulders?

can we call you Jesus?

Generally speaking, many within the black population HAVE appreciated this country. I know quite a few military veterans who fought in the Korean War, Vietnam, and even knew a few WW2 vets who proudly served,came home, and then could not even get "served" a sandwich in a local restaurant in their hometown.

Also I have known quite a few black citizens who grew up through the 40's, 50's and 60's, (as i did) when it was the norm to be viewed as inferior, but still never stopped "appreciating" the country.

Through it all, none of them ever stopped "appreciating" this country, although it had laws in effect that did not appreciate them.

Even today, contrary to what is posted by the misinformed lunatic fringe in these types of forums, your average black "man on the street" wastes no time "waiting for an apology from whites" for what happened years ago.

Believe it or not, the majority( the ones that I know, which is probably many more than the average white poster in this forum) live in the here and now, and have homes, families, and responsibilities that come first, and don't give whites in general a second thought.

Well, I have had at least one tell me she wouldn't live anywhere else. She said it is unfortunate what happened 200 years ago, but it got her here and it is the only place she wants to be. She was one of my students, very intelligent, and up to date on happenings in places like Africa where genocide is not something of the far distant past.

Blacks need not apologize for shit.
Not their stupidity, their crimes, their hate, their militancy.... not shit.

They are, however, owed apology and recompense. For what?

Anything they feel owed them. Which is... everything.

Do you really mean this?

I think Speeders should apologize for joining this board

Respectfully RW, probably not. There are basically two types who come to a forum, like this.

Those who have opinions and want to exchange ideas in a civilized, adult like manner, and then there are those who are so warped and obtuse, that an anonymous forum is the only place that they can speak their mind.

Those like Speedtweaker, serve as a necessary reminder to the rational thinkers of what lurks out there in the world of extreme bigotry and ignorance.

Personally, I think countries like Saudi Arabia should apologise for their involvement in 9/11.

Turkey should apologise for the Armenian genocide.

Germany should have (and has) apologised for the Holocaust.

Truth. Honesty. Openness.

Good post. Something I have noticed is that a lot of the Germans I have met on the forums can't apologize enough. Perhaps that is because generations who were there at that time still exisit on the earth. That is not the case with America's war of norther aggression. The south has risen again. Anyone who doesn't believe that should go to Atlanta which is a major mecca for commerce. It is seriously time for people in this country to let it go. IMO the ones who focus on the past are throwing away their own future. Over the years, I have worked with a lot of abuse victims, and I tell them their abuser only abused them once. When they keep going back to it over and over, they are abusing themselves. Sadly, many people have opted for generational poverty (not just blacks) and they simply can't see how opprressive government welfare is. Those who choose that way of life will never advance themselves, and will never have anything but subsistence living along with whatever they can garner on the black market.

The notable black scholar W E B Dubois said something eerily similar:

So labor contracts were written,—fifty thousand in a single State,—laborers advised, wages guaranteed, and employers supplied. In truth, the organization became a vast labor bureau,—not perfect, indeed, notably defective here and there, but on the whole successful beyond the dreams of thoughtful men. The two great obstacles which confronted the officials were the tyrant and the idler,—the slaveholder who was determined to perpetuate slavery under another name; and the freedman who regarded freedom as perpetual rest,—the Devil and the Deep Sea.

II. Of the Dawn of Freedom. Du Bois, W. E. B. 1903. The Souls of Black Folk

The tyrants will always be there, even today. All of us who have been in the work force have had to deal with them. And it seems, so will those who regard freedom as 'perpetual rest.'

Believe it or not, the majority( the ones that I know, which is probably many more than the average white poster in this forum) live in the here and now, and have homes, families, and responsibilities that come first, and don't give whites in general a second thought.

Well, I have had at least one tell me she wouldn't live anywhere else. She said it is unfortunate what happened 200 years ago, but it got her here and it is the only place she wants to be. She was one of my students, very intelligent, and up to date on happenings in places like Africa where genocide is not something of the far distant past.

And she is one of many who feel that way. I don't know her or her genealogy, so it is even possible that Africa or what happened 200 years ago had no bearing on how she got here. That aside, she is one, and her sentiments are more normal than abnormal.

Forum List

Back