Have gun, will..?

What would you do?

• Call 911.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Do nothing.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Oh, sorry. *backs out slowly*

You're probably safe.. I don't recall him feasting on your innards...

drooling_homer-712749.gif

Mmmmmm....innards....

Jeez.....this is a real tough one.

As I am announcing for him to put down the gun....i have already fired the last round from the magazine square into center mass. Full mag to the chest before he hits the ground....:evil:

I was listening to FoxNews the other day report a story about an armed robber who shot the gas station clerk in the neck and killed him, even tho he was not resisting and the bystanders did nothing to help him, not even checking his vital signs or calling 911 after the bad guy left.

I thought, what if I had been there with my gun.

The BG has his gun out, pointed at the clerk.

You can draw your gun and:
Announce that you're arm telling the BG to put his gun down? Seems like the right answer, but you run the risk of his shooting the clerk (you don't have the advantage of advanced knowledge of his fatally shooting the clerk) or turning the situation into a hostage taking or Mexican standoff.

Or you could just shoot him...from behind...without giving him a chance to surrender.
Or not draw your gun and:

Do nothing.

Call 911.
Other.

What is this? dungeons and dragons for gun queers, or something?

Who wouldn't shoot the guy under those circumstances, for christ's sakes?

The use of deadly force is reserved for the protection of yourself or others from death or serious injury, and anytime someone is pointing a firearm at someones head, reasonable people must consider that that person is in danger of death or serious injury, and at that point deadly force is the viable option.

Someone suggested shooting the criminal in the leg and trying to disarm them while others called 911, which in theory sounds good, but even with a gunshot wound in the leg, the criminal can still be deadly to you or others.

The only way to be certain that the criminal does not kill or injure others is to take them out as son as the opportunity presents itself.

Taking a life should never be an easy decision, but when faced with a life or death decision, I would prefer to be judged by 12 in lieu of carried by 6.

Pull out my gun and put it to his back and say "freeze dirtbag!"

Why in God's name would you get close enough to possibly be disarmed? I don't know if you've noticed, but guns are ranged projectile weapons. There's a good reason for this.

Me thinks you watch too many Jackie Chaan movies. :eusa_whistle:

Hardly. It doesn't take Jackie Chan moves to turn around suddenly and knock the gun out of your hand, particularly since your average citizen doesn't exactly encounter this sort of scenario often enough to feel completely calm and comfortable with it. I think YOU have seen too many movies, with your little "Freeze, dirtbag!" scene. You will notice that in real life, the people who actually deal on a regular basis with dangerous people - aka the cops - never get within arm's length of them with their guns drawn.

The use of deadly force is reserved for the protection of yourself or others from death or serious injury, and anytime someone is pointing a firearm at someones head, reasonable people must consider that that person is in danger of death or serious injury, and at that point deadly force is the viable option.

Someone suggested shooting the criminal in the leg and trying to disarm them while others called 911, which in theory sounds good, but even with a gunshot wound in the leg, the criminal can still be deadly to you or others.

The only way to be certain that the criminal does not kill or injure others is to take them out as son as the opportunity presents itself.

Taking a life should never be an easy decision, but when faced with a life or death decision, I would prefer to be judged by 12 in lieu of carried by 6.

Besides, aiming for an appendage is harder than it appears, particularly in an adrenaline-charged scenario like that. Instructors teach students to aim for the body for a reason.

When someone decides they aren't going to play by the rules of civilized society then they can't expect anyone else to either when dealing with them. I would shoot the bad guy.

amanda...sweetheart...you over plucked your eye brows...just sayin...

I don't pluck, I wax. And I didn't do it, it was done for me. And I think it looks fine. Bring back the funny hat and I'll put up a bikini avatar. So there!

When someone decides they aren't going to play by the rules of civilized society then they can't expect anyone else to either when dealing with them. I would shoot the bad guy.

amanda...sweetheart...you over plucked your eye brows...just sayin...

I don't pluck, I wax. And I didn't do it, it was done for me. And I think it looks fine. Bring back the funny hat and I'll put up a bikini avatar. So there!

I think he's sayin get your $8 back.

Forum List

Back