Zone1 Have we lost The Bible Story?

For if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.--Romans 10:9

Confess and believe.
I don't know any Christians that would say otherwise, including Catholics, Protestants, Orthodox, Mormons, etc. Sounds like you disagree with Woodznutz that there are only a small number of true Christians.

Led by the Holy Spirit.
The word, LED! [\b]

Only Meriweather indicates a spirit that could be applicable. But only I as an atheist can claim to be faithful to a kind spirit that demonstrates the desired example. All others on this board are demonstrating a spirit of hate toward others. Meriweather is the only exception. (with exceptions)

Take Ding for example, who has at least demonstrated a mean-spirited persona that is the very opposite of the desired spirit.

For if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.--Romans 10:9

Confess and believe.
You're not doing anything positive to convince non-believers that there is any truth in Christianity. All of the Christians eventually turn to needing to insult atheists.

I don't know any Christians that would say otherwise, including Catholics, Protestants, Orthodox, Mormons, etc. Sounds like you disagree with Woodznutz that there are only a small number of true Christians.

Catholics--yes, they would say this
Protestants--same
Orthodox--yes
Mormons--not Christian. They believe Jesus is the "spirit-brother" of Satan. So they are not even espousing the same Jesus, the one of the Bible.

Unbelievers often say we use the No True Scotsman fallacy when deciding who is or isn't a Christian. But the fallacy itself is a fallacy. "No true Scotsman drinks wine" is fallacious. "No true Scotsman is born in Argentina, to two Argentinian parents, whose ancestors have been Argentinian for generation" is not a fallacy. It's just true.

You can't confess the Jesus Christ of the Bible but not believe the Jesus Christ of the Bible and call yourself a Christian.

Forum List

Back