Have you always had the political beliefs you have now?

For example, if you are leftwing now, were you ever rightwing?

I was rightwing in high school because my dad was republican. Now luckily I think for myself and will never look back. I'm 27 now. Things are so much clearer.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lz5ia86DVz1qdeocv.gif

If things are "clearer" to you after you became a bed wetter, you're simply emotionally immature and rebelling against your parents without doing any critical independent thinking.

I was the opposite. My father was the republican, I was a moonbat.

Then I started working for a living, and questioning the "wisdom" of my libtard friends and mentors. I searched for the answers myself and my beliefs now are based on what I know to be reality.

My father wasn't right about everything of course, but I found out I was wrong about everything.

There's more credible links that claim your quote was never uttered by Churchill. The information I provided in my response, which you conveniently ignored, because you know your claim is nothing but BS, clearly makes it ridiculous to credit Churchill with such a quote, since he was a Liberal still, when he was 35.....and didn't become a conservative again until he was 50.

But, even if he did become a conservative at age 50....that was in 1924, and no way in hell were the Republicans of 1924 like the looney bird Republicans of today.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/342645-have-you-always-had-the-political-beliefs-you-have-now-6.html#post8705286

It isn't my quote ... I went with the majority of the links ... And mentioned I read the link he posted prior to posting my response to his question "Who are they".

He is the one who asked ... "Who are they" ... Then went to the trouble of trying to correct someone like me by providing a link identifying who "they" are.
Just another example of how disingenuous and intellectually vacant the poster was in asking a question for no other purpose than correcting whoever answered it.

That fits right up your alley ... The same bullshit you leftist are too familiar with.
You think you are fooling people when you are nothing more than Bfgrn dingleberry on this one.
It just figures you would jump in on that wagon.

The idea that Winston Churchill said that has been debunked for years. There's a lot of those fake quotes going around. You can ask Geaux and another poster whose name eludes me for the moment (a colonial statue on a blue background) about getting their asses busted for using made-up quotes from Washington (the infamous "Liberty's teeth" fake quote), Jefferson and Vladimir Putin. And of course the LBJ "I'll have those ******* voting Democratic for the next 200 years" still makes the rounds.

On the internet it's all true. You just write it somewhere and it's "published". It's just like being on TV.

Last edited:
When I was younger I was ignorant to the history of the country, ignorant to the constitution, and ignorant to the real world.. I held more liberal beliefs...

I grew up.. unlike most liberals

For example, if you are leftwing now, were you ever rightwing?

I was rightwing in high school because my dad was republican. Now luckily I think for myself and will never look back. I'm 27 now. Things are so much clearer.

Of course not. If personal philosophy isn't continuously evolving from new information and education, you're brain dead.

It's too simplistic to shunt everything into simple "right" and "left" boxes though. Or to pretend that they're some kind of static definition, let alone a useful catch-all term.

Very good points.

When I was younger I was ignorant to the history of the country, ignorant to the constitution, and ignorant to the real world.. I held more liberal beliefs...

I grew up.. unlike most liberals

You really mean, you started drinking the KoolAid.....:lol::lol:

Forum List

Back