🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Have you had this experience in dealing with the left?

Nope, never had that but I keep my politics mostly to myself. My clients think I'm a conservative, since nearly everyone here is and I have the same work ethic, even better in most cases.

And most liberals are hardly going to pat you on the back for listening to a program that people who like it are perfectly willing to call themselves Dittoheads. Liberals think for themselves, it's part of being a liberal.
I haven't seen any evidenced of that in this forum. I see the same old talking points regurgitated from left wing propaganda hate sites over and over and over again.

I don't think web sites that provide public access to statutory and case law are "left wing propaganda hate sites".

When has any leftwinger posted anything like that?

Learn to read and you'd know.
I already know.

Nope, never had that but I keep my politics mostly to myself. My clients think I'm a conservative, since nearly everyone here is and I have the same work ethic, even better in most cases.

And most liberals are hardly going to pat you on the back for listening to a program that people who like it are perfectly willing to call themselves Dittoheads. Liberals think for themselves, it's part of being a liberal.
I haven't seen any evidenced of that in this forum. I see that same old talking points regurgitated from left wing propaganda hate sites.

One thread wanted to put down Trump supporters as being 'less educated' by literally cutting and pasting someone else's writing on it.

Anyone with eyes and ears may tune into a Trump rally and see and hear what he says and how the crowd reacts. There exists indisputable evidence that Trump said he loves the poorly educated, among other inane and outrageous things he has said. And yet, there exists a certain segment of the population who burst into cheers. I find the support and media attention he receives to be both an embarrassment to our country and shameful to the people who purport to support him. It is reasonable to question the mental acuity and education of those who rally around such a man.

Liberals think for themselves? I guess that's why when one of their own uses certain phrases, it doesn't take long for the butt lickers on here to start repeating those Liberal phrases.

I believe people who lean toward the left are the ones who have repeatedly demonstrated that they read relevant statutory law and supreme court decisions and apply the language and legal concepts to similar cases and controversies. From my observations, they are less likely to fall victim to logical fallacies and disingenuous arguments. They employ critical thinking skills.

When "liberals" derive their "common language" from authoritative sources but their political adversaries derive their "common language" from partisan pundits and talking heads like Rush Limbaugh, then it is fair to say that liberals are more likely than conservatives to think for themselves.

I just heard "I think liberals are smart because they agree with me."

I haven't seen any evidenced of that in this forum. I see that same old talking points regurgitated from left wing propaganda hate sites.

One thread wanted to put down Trump supporters as being 'less educated' by literally cutting and pasting someone else's writing on it.

Anyone with eyes and ears may tune into a Trump rally and see and hear what he says and how the crowd reacts. There exists indisputable evidence that Trump said he loves the poorly educated, among other inane and outrageous things he has said. And yet, there exists a certain segment of the population who burst into cheers. I find the support and media attention he receives to be both an embarrassment to our country and shameful to the people who purport to support him. It is reasonable to question the mental acuity and education of those who rally around such a man.

As I've said before, Donald Trump is a uniter in one aspect: loathing and despising him is literally the first thing in the last 30 years that I can remember agreeing with liberals on.

Feel the love! Group hug! :cheers2:

I haven't seen any evidenced of that in this forum. I see the same old talking points regurgitated from left wing propaganda hate sites over and over and over again.

I don't think web sites that provide public access to statutory and case law are "left wing propaganda hate sites".

Yup. TRY to get a left-winger to cite relevant law. I dare you.

As I've said before, Donald Trump is a uniter in one aspect: loathing and despising him is literally the first thing in the last 30 years that I can remember agreeing with liberals on.

CECILIE I'm sure if I look back 30 or so years I could find at least one more Lib idea for you to agree with lol

They only kind of laws he believes in doesn't exist anywhere in the world. Equality before the law, like the basis of Gay Marriage, he never heard of it.

CECILIE I'm sure if I look back 30 or so years I could find at least one more Lib idea for you to agree with lol

Knock yourself out.

I'm not saying it never happened. I'm saying I don't remember it ever happening. And I was basically born a right-wing conservative - we'll have none of that "having a heart in your twenties" nonsense here, thank you so very much - so the odds are against it.

I agree, but at the time I thought Iraq was a really bad idea, but then it was beginning to dawn on me that W weren't no conservative. LOL

Liberals think for themselves? That's rich... especially considering they lap up their choices handed to them courtesy of the DNC... Clinton and Sanders.

Palease. The modern liberals are the biggest brain-dead losers going.

The above from a guy who takes seriously the dissolution of all government and a return to the jungle.

How does that change the truth of what I posted about liberals?

First, you should demonstrate that you know the difference between truth and opinion. I haven't seen "evidence of that" either. And second, saying you haven't seen "evidence" of liberals thinking for themselves discloses that you are willfully blinding yourself ... your imagination is not the same as reality. Your references to talking points from "left wing propaganda hate sites" (which you don't identify) while ignoring all the authoritative citations provided in "lefty" arguments merely discloses your own partisan bias. You are the epitome of what you rail against.

I agree, but at the time I thought Iraq was a really bad idea, but then it was beginning to dawn on me that W weren't no conservative. LOL

Frankly, I could never decide if I was more offended by his "compassionate conservatism" crap because he was saying conservatives aren't normally compassionate, or because he was wanting ME to be.

On what issues won't liberals cite relevant law.

Name 3.

Liberals think for themselves? That's rich... especially considering they lap up their choices handed to them courtesy of the DNC... Clinton and Sanders.

Palease. The modern liberals are the biggest brain-dead losers going.
Sanders isn't a DNC choice and stop being a child, for once. Just because the liberals are voting for someone who can actually win isn't a bad thing.

Liberals think for themselves? I guess that's why when one of their own uses certain phrases, it doesn't take long for the butt lickers on here to start repeating those Liberal phrases.

Megadittoes Con!!!

Show me where I've used such a phrase. I can show you where plenty have repeated phrases like "you didn't build that", "code words for racism", and the like. If you don't want to be considered a Liberal puppet, quit letting your handlers yank your strings.

Conservative65: Your response above is disingenuous, the same as conservatives who cling to the "state rights" mantra is disingenuous because they use it to justify the passage of state laws that oppress others.

When the mantra "segregation today, segregation tomorrow, segregation forever," lost its efficacy after Brown v. Board of Education, then the proponents of segregation began hanging their hats on "state rights". Historical evidence of conservative use of state powers to oppress women, minorities, and disfavored groups discloses animus. Racism, for instance, is animus directed toward minorities.

Pointing out the truth about your mantra doesn't make someone a liberal puppet.

More or less. The reason we have such a strong federal government to begin with was to stop conservatives from exercising their natural law right to drag people out of jail cells and hang them by the neck until they were dead without even so much as a kangaroo court trial and then the same lynchers would never even get charged with anything. That issue is the basis of the one and only criminal trial to ever take place in the chambers of the United States Supreme Court.

I've had this experience around 2000. I supported the invasion of Iraq but I defended those who opposed it. I just kind of thought it was healthy for people to disagree with going to war with another country. One of my 'conservative' coworkers who was a soldier during the korean war thought that people shouldn't disagree with their government when it goes to war but I explained that disagreement might be good for good decision making within a democracy. One of my 'liberal' coworkers, of course, jumped on that and seem to be on my side until I mentioned I liked watching the Rush Limbaugh show. It was at that point I became his enemy all because I said I liked watching his show.

I don't know if any other liberal or independent might have had any similar experiences dealing with the left? The minute you disagree with the left on anything you immediately get labeled as a conservative.

One data point is, well one data point. Living in the Bay Area. diverse in many ways including political thinking, I've found a great deal of debate on the issues which divide people, using taxonomy limited to left and right is not helpful or properly descriptive.

Using left and right to describe a person in the manner used today are simply shortcuts, and used primarily as pejoratives; even liberal and conservative no longer hold much value other than to demean one side or the other.

If we are to look to the original use of left and right, used to describe the French Government after their revolution, we would find the Right Wing supported the Power Elite, and the Left Wing supported the masses. Today the balance of power is upset, unless those who seek to become leaders do not understand that business needs labor and labor needs buisness we are doomed to remain a house divided.
The difference between the two is cons tend to do it on an individual basis whereas libs tend to do it through government, television, movies, and in our schools. They trash those they hate through the media and in the courts. It's no contest. Organized bigotry on a massive scale. But all they think they need to do to cancel all of that out is bring up slavery, Jim Crow, or the Spanish Inquisition.

I'm not sure if you are using hyperbole as a rhetorical device or if you are really out of touch with reality. In either case you're being your usual mendacious and partisan self.

"organized bigotry"? The progressive / liberal coalition within the Democratic Party is not the set which opposed gay marriage and gay and lesbian patriots who wanted to serve in our military; has not sought to suppress the vote of likely Democratic Voters based on unproved mass fraud; prevent labor unions and government labor from collective bargaining, sought to end efforts to end institutional racism by opposing Affirmative Action, making women suffer and submit to invasive unnecessary medical procedures and / or create road bloc by closing clinics which provided abortion services or send kids born and raised as Americans back to a country foreign to them.

No one needs to bring up historical facts to prove that bigotry and racism is a covert agenda from those who hate and/or fear progressives, liberals, Democrats, Women, minorities, immigrants, etc. Mudwhistle and others like him use the age old strategy of echoing each other claiming that their not well hidden agenda is really an overt agenda by progressives, liberals, Democrats, gays/lesbians, women, minorities, etc. etc.

I've had this experience around 2000. I supported the invasion of Iraq but I defended those who opposed it. I just kind of thought it was healthy for people to disagree with going to war with another country. One of my 'conservative' coworkers who was a soldier during the korean war thought that people shouldn't disagree with their government when it goes to war but I explained that disagreement might be good for good decision making within a democracy. One of my 'liberal' coworkers, of course, jumped on that and seem to be on my side until I mentioned I liked watching the Rush Limbaugh show. It was at that point I became his enemy all because I said I liked watching his show.

I don't know if any other liberal or independent might have had any similar experiences dealing with the left? The minute you disagree with the left on anything you immediately get labeled as a conservative.

One data point is, well one data point. Living in the Bay Area. diverse in many ways including political thinking, I've found a great deal of debate on the issues which divide people, using taxonomy limited to left and right is not helpful or properly descriptive.

Using left and right to describe a person in the manner used today are simply shortcuts, and used primarily as pejoratives; even liberal and conservative no longer hold much value other than to demean one side or the other.

If we are to look to the original use of left and right, used to describe the French Government after their revolution, we would find the Right Wing supported the Power Elite, and the Left Wing supported the masses. Today the balance of power is upset, unless those who seek to become leaders do not understand that business needs labor and labor needs buisness we are doomed to remain a house divided.
The difference between the two is cons tend to do it on an individual basis whereas libs tend to do it through government, television, movies, and in our schools. They trash those they hate through the media and in the courts. It's no contest. Organized bigotry on a massive scale. But all they think they need to do to cancel all of that out is bring up slavery, Jim Crow, or the Spanish Inquisition.

I'm not sure if you are using hyperbole as a rhetorical device or if you are really out of touch with reality. In either case you're being your usual mendacious and partisan self.

"organized bigotry"? The progressive / liberal coalition within the Democratic Party is not the set which opposed gay marriage and gay and lesbian patriots who wanted to serve in our military; has not sought to suppress the vote of likely Democratic Voters based on unproved mass fraud; prevent labor unions and government labor from collective bargaining, sought to end efforts to end institutional racism by opposing Affirmative Action, making women suffer and submit to invasive unnecessary medical procedures and / or create road bloc by closing clinics which provided abortion services or send kids born and raised as Americans back to a country foreign to them.

No one needs to bring up historical facts to prove that bigotry and racism is a covert agenda from those who hate and/or fear progressives, liberals, Democrats, Women, minorities, immigrants, etc. Mudwhistle and others like him use the age old strategy of echoing each other claiming that their not well hidden agenda is really an overt agenda by progressives, liberals, Democrats, gays/lesbians, women, minorities, etc. etc.
Having morals and principles is now called Homophobia.

Wanting to have fair and honest elections is now called racism.

Wanting national security is now called Islamophobia.

Forum List

Back