🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Have you had this experience in dealing with the left?

I believe people who lean toward the left are the ones who have repeatedly demonstrated that they read relevant statutory law and supreme court decisions and apply the language and legal concepts to similar cases and controversies. From my observations, they are less likely to fall victim to logical fallacies and disingenuous arguments. They employ critical thinking skills..

Lol, OMG, please give me one example of this. Just one.

You didn't quote my post in its entirety.

Check out Sil's and her choir's anti-gay threads and posts on this discussion board. Many examples are present.

I've had this experience around 2000. I supported the invasion of Iraq but I defended those who opposed it. I just kind of thought it was healthy for people to disagree with going to war with another country. One of my 'conservative' coworkers who was a soldier during the korean war thought that people shouldn't disagree with their government when it goes to war but I explained that disagreement might be good for good decision making within a democracy. One of my 'liberal' coworkers, of course, jumped on that and seem to be on my side until I mentioned I liked watching the Rush Limbaugh show. It was at that point I became his enemy all because I said I liked watching his show.

I don't know if any other liberal or independent might have had any similar experiences dealing with the left? The minute you disagree with the left on anything you immediately get labeled as a conservative.

One data point is, well one data point. Living in the Bay Area. diverse in many ways including political thinking, I've found a great deal of debate on the issues which divide people, using taxonomy limited to left and right is not helpful or properly descriptive.

Using left and right to describe a person in the manner used today are simply shortcuts, and used primarily as pejoratives; even liberal and conservative no longer hold much value other than to demean one side or the other.

If we are to look to the original use of left and right, used to describe the French Government after their revolution, we would find the Right Wing supported the Power Elite, and the Left Wing supported the masses. Today the balance of power is upset, unless those who seek to become leaders do not understand that business needs labor and labor needs buisness we are doomed to remain a house divided.

Last edited:
I believe people who lean toward the left are the ones who have repeatedly demonstrated that they read relevant statutory law and supreme court decisions and apply the language and legal concepts to similar cases and controversies. From my observations, they are less likely to fall victim to logical fallacies and disingenuous arguments. They employ critical thinking skills..

Me. Prove THAT wrong.

You have to prove that's you and there is no way to do that. You saying so isn't proof.

My posting history is proof.

Me. Prove THAT wrong.

You have to prove that's you and there is no way to do that. You saying so isn't proof.

My posting history is proof.

Only to you which means it's not proof.

Nope, never had that but I keep my politics mostly to myself. My clients think I'm a conservative, since nearly everyone here is and I have the same work ethic, even better in most cases.

And most liberals are hardly going to pat you on the back for listening to a program that people who like it are perfectly willing to call themselves Dittoheads. Liberals think for themselves, it's part of being a liberal.
I haven't seen any evidenced of that in this forum. I see the same old talking points regurgitated from left wing propaganda hate sites over and over and over again.

I don't think web sites that provide public access to statutory and case law are "left wing propaganda hate sites".

I've had this experience around 2000. I supported the invasion of Iraq but I defended those who opposed it. I just kind of thought it was healthy for people to disagree with going to war with another country. One of my 'conservative' coworkers who was a soldier during the korean war thought that people shouldn't disagree with their government when it goes to war but I explained that disagreement might be good for good decision making within a democracy. One of my 'liberal' coworkers, of course, jumped on that and seem to be on my side until I mentioned I liked watching the Rush Limbaugh show. It was at that point I became his enemy all because I said I liked watching his show.

I don't know if any other liberal or independent might have had any similar experiences dealing with the left? The minute you disagree with the left on anything you immediately get labeled as a conservative.
This is the result of character assassination.
The left tells so many negative stories about conservative celebrities and famous Republicans that just the mention of their name causes them to vomit hateful rhetoric. Many of them become ill just listening to them on TV or radio. It's a form of sycosis I like to call Republiphobia. The fear of opposing viewpoints.

Check out Sil's and her choir's anti-gay threads and posts on this discussion board. Many examples are present.

I have seen plenty of Sils posts, and while he is far more rational than most liberals most of the time, it isnt what I consider critical thinking.

For example he seems to fail to distinguish between those opposed to gay marriage but support civil unions for them vrs those that oppose any legal recognition of homo spousal partnerships. His talking points memo doesnt seem to have that third pigeonhole for him to use.

But I asked for only one example, you failed to do so, so I think it justifiable to say that rational critical thought among liberals is simply a myth.

I don't think web sites that provide public access to statutory and case law are "left wing propaganda hate sites".
Lol, why? You think that ideologues cant have a link to legal sites?

The best lies are the ones who abuse truthful facts to support their fallacious claims.

This is a thread that slams "the left". You have labeled, yet you rail against labeling. Apply some critical thinking skills before placing fingers to keyboard and tell us: How can you defend doing something yourself while simultaneously slamming others for doing the same thing?

I have seen plenty of Sils posts, and while he is far more rational than most liberals most of the time, it isnt what I consider critical thinking.

For example he seems to fail to distinguish between those opposed to gay marriage but support civil unions for them vrs those that oppose any legal recognition of homo spousal partnerships. His talking points memo doesnt seem to have that third pigeonhole for him to use.

But I asked for only one example, you failed to do so, so I think it justifiable to say that rational critical thought among liberals is simply a myth.
The primary reason the left is so anti-Republican is because of the homosexual agenda. Look online and you discover that many of the leading liberals in Hollywood are Gay or bisexual. Therefore they hate Christians, conservatives, heterosexuals, and especially Republicans.

This is a thread that slams "the left". You have labeled, yet you rail against labeling. Apply some critical thinking skills before placing fingers to keyboard and tell us: How can you defend doing something yourself while simultaneously slamming others for doing the same thing?
He is speaking in general terms only because it would take too much time to ame each and every liberal he has come across in his life that has been this way to him.

Thus why the language allows for the reference to general groups of people; it is rational and useful in discussion to be able to do so.

Nope, never had that but I keep my politics mostly to myself. My clients think I'm a conservative, since nearly everyone here is and I have the same work ethic, even better in most cases.

And most liberals are hardly going to pat you on the back for listening to a program that people who like it are perfectly willing to call themselves Dittoheads. Liberals think for themselves, it's part of being a liberal.

Liberals think for themselves? I guess that's why when one of their own uses certain phrases, it doesn't take long for the butt lickers on here to start repeating those Liberal phrases.

Megadittoes Con!!!

Show me where I've used such a phrase. I can show you where plenty have repeated phrases like "you didn't build that", "code words for racism", and the like. If you don't want to be considered a Liberal puppet, quit letting your handlers yank your strings.

Conservative65: Your response above is disingenuous, the same as conservatives who cling to the "state rights" mantra is disingenuous because they use it to justify the passage of state laws that oppress others.

When the mantra "segregation today, segregation tomorrow, segregation forever," lost its efficacy after Brown v. Board of Education, then the proponents of segregation began hanging their hats on "state rights". Historical evidence of conservative use of state powers to oppress women, minorities, and disfavored groups discloses animus. Racism, for instance, is animus directed toward minorities.

Pointing out the truth about your mantra doesn't make someone a liberal puppet.

Liberals think for themselves? I guess that's why when one of their own uses certain phrases, it doesn't take long for the butt lickers on here to start repeating those Liberal phrases.

Megadittoes Con!!!

Show me where I've used such a phrase. I can show you where plenty have repeated phrases like "you didn't build that", "code words for racism", and the like. If you don't want to be considered a Liberal puppet, quit letting your handlers yank your strings.

The above is very disingenuous, the same as conservatives who cling to the "state rights" mantra is disingenuous because they use it to justify the passage of state laws that oppress others.

When the mantra "segregation today, segregation tomorrow, segregation forever," lost its efficacy after Brown v. Board of Education, then the proponents of segregation began hanging their hats on "state rights". Historical evidence of conservative use of state powers to oppress women, minorities, and disfavored groups discloses animus. Racism, for instance, is animus directed toward minorities.

States' rights is used to explain how the Constitution was written and something you hate.

Racism is used by minorities with program like affirmative action. They complain about race being used to deny yet don't have a problem with race being used when they benefit from it.

One data point is, well one data point. Living in the Bay Area. diverse in many ways including political thinking, I've found a great deal of debate on the issues which divide people, using taxonomy limited to left and right is not helpful or properly descriptive.

Using left and right to describe a person in the manner used today are simply shortcuts, and used primarily as pejoratives; even liberal and conservative no longer hold much value other than to demean one side or the other.

If we are to look to the original use of left and right, used to describe the French Government after their revolution, we would find the Right Wing supported the Power Elite, and the Left Wing supported the masses. Today the balance of power is upset, unless those who seek to become leaders do not understand that business needs labor and labor needs buisness we are doomed to remain a house divided.
The difference between the two is cons tend to do it on an individual basis whereas libs tend to do it through government, television, movies, and in our schools. They trash those they hate through the media and in the courts. It's no contest. Organized bigotry on a massive scale. But all they think they need to do to cancel all of that out is bring up slavery, Jim Crow, or the Spanish Inquisition.

I haven't seen any evidenced of that in this forum. I see the same old talking points regurgitated from left wing propaganda hate sites over and over and over again.

When has any leftwinger posted anything like that?

I had Billy on the thread about the Flint water crisis accusing me of being a "Republican," and lashing out for calling him out on his post.

Rarely does it happen to me, but there is a lot of emotionally charged rhetoric when not in full lock step.

I have been trained in an environment to not take sides and view everything with scepticism.

I have opinions which some would view as conservative, but I will not March lockstep with anyone.

I call things as I see them and to have someone personally attack anyone because they disagree in unnecessary and disrespectful.

Megadittoes Con!!!

The above is very disingenuous, the same as conservatives who cling to the "state rights" mantra is disingenuous because they use it to justify the passage of state laws that oppress others.

States' rights is used to explain how the Constitution was written and something you hate.

Racism is used by minorities with program like affirmative action. They complain about race being used to deny yet don't have a problem with race being used when they benefit from it.

Megadittoes Con!!!

If you want to argue that megadittos isn't a word that Limbaugh followers like sheep have bleated out for decades,

let's hear it.

When has any leftwinger posted anything like that?

Learn to read and you'd know.

Megadittoes Con!!!

Megadittoes Con!!!

If you want to argue that megadittos isn't a word that Limbaugh followers like sheep have bleated out for decades,

let's hear it.

What I'm saying is not everyone on the right is a Limbaugh listener or follower like you imply.

Lol, why? You think that ideologues cant have a link to legal sites?

The best lies are the ones who abuse truthful facts to support their fallacious claims.

You deleted the context. I responded to another poster's accusation that liberals repeat stuff they find on "left wing propaganda hate cites." I lean left on civil rights issues and I often cite to statutory and case law and provide links to websites that provide public access to those things. They are not "left wing propaganda hate sites."

You bring up an alleged issue that wasn't the subject of my response. Thus, your ridicule was unwarranted.

One of the "best lies" I have seen on this site is use of the First Amendment to support the fallacious argument that the free exercise clause somehow allows people who claim religious objections to justify violating laws of general application, such as laws prohibiting discrimination in public accommodations.

Forum List

Back