Have you noticed all those "URGENT CARE" medical store fronts opening?

I got the stitches out, but can not speak for the competency of the personnel at the clinics.
1. An anecdotal experience of one person at a CVS Clinic does is not adequate to make judgement on the concept of clinics

2. You are a proven habitual liar who has been caught many types manufacturing stories like this to support your partisan rantings, so I don't even believe you went to one.

Carry on.

I think it fitting that health care be obtained at the local Wal Mart.

Actually if I went to the doctors often I would use Wal Mart doesn't scare me. I did go for a rash a month or so ago and called my PCP and had an appointment in 20 minutes, that surprised me.

I got the stitches out, but can not speak for the competency of the personnel at the clinics.
1. An anecdotal experience of one person at a CVS Clinic does is not adequate to make judgement on the concept of clinics

2. You are a proven habitual liar who has been caught many types manufacturing stories like this to support your partisan rantings, so I don't even believe you went to one.

Carry on.

No...she is correct

My cousins, neighbors girlfriend went to a CVS to have stitches removed and they used a rusty coathanger

true story

I think it fitting that health care be obtained at the local Wal Mart.

Actually if I went to the doctors often I would use Wal Mart doesn't scare me. I did go for a rash a month or so ago and called my PCP and had an appointment in 20 minutes, that surprised me.

There is an urgent care here at the local Wal-Mart but it is ran by one of the local hospitals. Only time I ever go to Wal-Mart.

More businesses will be dumping employees onto private healthcare exchanges and dropping medical coverage all together, what a boon for business in America, It will make them more competitive and leaner on employee costs...

More businesses will be dumping employees onto private healthcare exchanges and dropping medical coverage all together, what a boon for business in America, It will make them more competitive and leaner on employee costs...

Employers should not be in the business of providing their workers healthcare anyway

My experience is that urgent care is as expensive as the ER. One Friday night tetanus shot cost $1,500 at urgent care. My ag catalogue for tetanus shots costs $5 in comparison. Usually delivered within 24 hours to my front door. At a total cost + shipping of around $10.

Employers should not be in the business of providing their workers healthcare anyway

Agreed. That money must be freed up to hire new employees and save the economy that way.

Article I, Section 8 should be in the business of providing workers and everyone else with healthcare. Those worries gone, and the equivalent for private purchasers of maintaining a second mortgage each month would free up enormous truckloads of cash into the economy.

Sure, private health insurers will scream bloody murder over an Article I Section 8 move by the People to provide this basic national security for themselves. But in this economy, someone is going to have to go down. Better them than all the rest of us..

These have been popping up for years. Ever have a sinus infection and try to get a last minute appointment with your primary doctor and not be able to get an appointment for a week? That's why they are popping up all over the place.

Yes, but why can't you get a last minute appointment with your primary doctor? Because PCM doc's are few and far between because of their low pay. Of the few that still exist, even fewer accept "government" insurance (ie: Medicaid) because of the exceptionally low reimbursement rates. The same is becoming true of many of the "Obamacare" approved policies.

Urgent care facilities, however, can charge for a higher rate of reimbursement because they are NOT family practice and, since they do not take appointments have to have the highest staff load all the time.

Article I, Section 8 should be in the business of providing workers and everyone else with healthcare. Those worries gone, and the equivalent for private purchasers of maintaining a second mortgage each month would free up enormous truckloads of cash into the economy.

Yeah, because that works so well for the nations that have implemented it. Where did the minister of health for Quebec go to get his heart procedure? America (Boston in particular).

Furthermore, Article I/8 says nothing about government sponsored healthcare.

I went to one like 12 years ago. Obama must have broken out his time machine and opened it up.

Urgent Care is available within the medical center I go to. It's been available for years .. at least twenty years ago was the first time I used it.

Last edited:
Seems I caught site of a new one opened right across the street from a hospital today....wondered about them but think I found the answer....Outright Competition for your medical dollar, as ObumaCare fails!

The problems with the implementation of the Affordable Care Act may be masking another major change in the way health care is delivered to U.S. consumers, experts believe. At The Atlantic's Health Care Forum in Washington on Thursday, health care and business professionals said that there’s an increasing trend in the industry toward cutting insurance companies out of the process entirely, as large, regional hospital systems move into the insurance business. Dr. Kenneth L. Davis, CEO and president of Mount Sinai Health System, the largest health care provider in the state of New York, said that starting next year, Mt....

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/hospitals-plot-end-insurance-companies-163100744.html

You're just now noticing this long standing?

Do you have a clue as to why it started?

Thanks to being forced to give away free health care (EMTALA), hospitals have been cutting full time staff and services for years and years. Additionally, surgical centers, birthing centers have been opening across the country.

Its idiotic to blame this on President Obama or ObamaCare. Try again.

BTW, I've been meaning to complement your sig ...

1900138_741065069248694_1398885875_n.jpg

Seems I caught site of a new one opened right across the street from a hospital today....wondered about them but think I found the answer....Outright Competition for your medical dollar, as ObumaCare fails!

The problems with the implementation of the Affordable Care Act may be masking another major change in the way health care is delivered to U.S. consumers, experts believe. At The Atlantic's Health Care Forum in Washington on Thursday, health care and business professionals said that there’s an increasing trend in the industry toward cutting insurance companies out of the process entirely, as large, regional hospital systems move into the insurance business. Dr. Kenneth L. Davis, CEO and president of Mount Sinai Health System, the largest health care provider in the state of New York, said that starting next year, Mt....

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/hospitals-plot-end-insurance-companies-163100744.html

You're just now noticing this long standing?

Do you have a clue as to why it started?

Thanks to being forced to give away free health care (EMTALA), hospitals have been cutting full time staff and services for years and years. Additionally, surgical centers, birthing centers have been opening across the country.

Its idiotic to blame this on President Obama or ObamaCare. Try again.

BTW, I've been meaning to complement your sig ...

1900138_741065069248694_1398885875_n.jpg

Yes Liddly, we know the real reason....:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::eusa_clap:

kbac04.jpg

I know, right? My mother had one in her little town in Mississippi. She went there after a fall. That was probably ten years ago.

Maybe they have a time machine and are just brilliant planners. Or maybe the OP has the IQ of a turnip.

Yes, they probably opened in Bumbfuck, Ill. ten years ago, where the local hospital was 40 miles away, but in many major cities, they are a relatively new institutions!

I know, right? My mother had one in her little town in Mississippi. She went there after a fall. That was probably ten years ago.

Maybe they have a time machine and are just brilliant planners. Or maybe the OP has the IQ of a turnip.

Yes, they probably opened in Bumbfuck, Ill. ten years ago, where the local hospital was 40 miles away, but in many major cities, they are a relatively new institutions!

Actually in my Mom's case the local hospital is across the street.

turnip.thumbnail_205.jpg

Uh, no. They're really not.

I went to one in Denver and I moved from there in 1982.

Actually in my Mom's case the local hospital is across the street.

turnip.thumbnail_205.jpg

That's pretty common and it makes sense. Same with birthing and surgical centers. They're connected financially and if need be, the ER is nearby.

Forum List

Back