Hawking Says Universe Created Itself

The universe always was

Matter cannot be created or destroyed
How many times do I have to say this? The universe cannot be eternal. It's a scientific impossibility. If it was eternal, there would be no energy left. It would have been used up an eternity ago. Damn! You're stupid.
It is a scientific impossibility for matter to self create itself
Energy is created.....matter is not
So, you agree with me. Matter was created. It's a start. Energy was also created. Nothing physical can be eternal. It cannot create itself either. That only leaves one explanation. God did it.

Matter has always been here
No additional matter has been created in billions of years
If there was a process to continually create new matter...it would still be occurring

God is a theory.....one totally unsubstantiated by science

The universe always was

How many times do I have to say this? The universe cannot be eternal. It's a scientific impossibility. If it was eternal, there would be no energy left. It would have been used up an eternity ago. Damn! You're stupid.
So, you agree with me. Matter was created. It's a start. Energy was also created. Nothing physical can be eternal. It cannot create itself either. That only leaves one explanation. God did it.
There's no need for a god. If he's eternal so are universes that he creates. One dies yes but another is born.

The universe always was

If there was a process to continually create new matter...it would still be occurring

Then it's not a theory it's a hypothesis

The universe always was

Once again, I ask. Where is your evidence? There is no possible way that scientists could possibly know this. All they can do is observe and do experiments. None of that is applicable to why or how matter and energy exist.

I simply believe that the only rational cause is God.
Absolutely. Sky fairies are common sense.
FOOL! I suppose it's also common sense that the universe created itself? Give me a break.
I don't know how the universe came into being. Scientists present some theories. A sky fairy isn't one of them. I don't think that one is currently testable or repeatable.

Last edited:
On another note, I've noticed that atheists here are constantly demanding "PROOF!" while simultaneously offering up horseshit of their own.
Offering and requesting evidence. But K9Buck doesn't do science, he thinks it offers 'proofs'.

There is absolutely no evidence that the universe is spreading outward.
What?

Using the 100-inch Hooker Telescope at Mount Wilson Observatory, Dr. Edwin Hubble has studied many spiral nebulae. He has discovered they are moving away from us at a rapid pace. This is strong evidence of an expanding universe. He has further determined that the farther the nebula, the faster it moves away.
Universe is Expanding

He may be.

But even if he is wrong, that doesn't mean the alternative explanation is that the universe was created by a Christian God.

People with strongly held religious beliefs attack science with the intent to dismantle explanations that are contrary to religious teachings so that they can offer a religious counter-argument, even though there is no empirical to support their claim.

The universe always was

Once again, I ask. Where is your evidence? There is no possible way that scientists could possibly know this. All they can do is observe and do experiments. None of that is applicable to why or how matter and energy exist.
So then must be a god that did it? Humans have been making this mistake for ions. It's called god of the gaps

The universe always was

If there is a physical process that creates matter it would be continuing today. Thee is no evidence of matter being created today

There is absolutely no evidence that the universe is spreading outward.
What?

Using the 100-inch Hooker Telescope at Mount Wilson Observatory, Dr. Edwin Hubble has studied many spiral nebulae. He has discovered they are moving away from us at a rapid pace. This is strong evidence of an expanding universe. He has further determined that the farther the nebula, the faster it moves away.
Universe is Expanding
Redshift is not evidence that the universe is expanding.

The universe always was

In string theory, we have a multiverse of universes. Think of our universe as the surface of a soap bubble, which is expanding. We live on the skin of this bubble. But string theory predicts that there should be other bubbles out there, which can collide with other bubbles or even sprout or bud baby bubbles, as in a bubble bath.

But how can an entire universe come out of nothing? This apparently violates the conservation of matter and energy. But there is a simple answer.

Matter, of course, has positive energy. But gravity has negative energy. (For example, you have to add energy to the earth in order to tear it away from the sun. One separated far from the solar system, the earth then has zero gravitational energy. But this means that the original solar system had negative energy.)

If you do the math, you find out that the sum total of matter in the universe can cancel against the sum total of negative gravitational energy, yielding a universe with zero (or close to zero) net matter/energy. So, in some sense, universes are for free. It does not take net matter and energy to create entire universes. In this way, in the bubble bath, bubbles can collide, create baby bubbles, or simple pop into existence from nothing.

Can a Universe Create Itself Out of Nothing?

The universe always was

No you are the stupid one. No the universe as we know it is not eternal. We see shooting stars all the time. The universe is dying. It's middle age. But what happens after the last star burns out? What happened before the big bang?

What did god do 29 trillion years ago? Or was god born too 13.5 billion years ago?
Shooting stars are meteorites, space junk. They do not imply the universe is dying, rather that the universe is active.

Gravity in a galaxy keeps making new stars, but I get the point.

Obviously 29 trillion years ago God was a slacker.

I simply believe that the only rational cause is God.
Absolutely. Sky fairies are common sense.
FOOL! I suppose it's also common sense that the universe created itself? Give me a break.
I don't know how the universe came into being. Scientists present some theories. A sky fairy isn't one of them. I don't think that one is currently testable or repeatable.
God is not an origin theory, although the religionists claim it is. Their God was a middleman.

The God theory claims God doesn't need a creator & thus deny creationism.

It is a funny theory

Forum List

Back