He Survived Combat in Iraq. Did a Fellow Soldier Kill Him at Home?

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
I've known this kid's father for over 25 years, which makes this just insane. We were childhood friends, but ultimately grew apart and lost touch around a dozen or so years ago. I had a short text session with him about two years ago, after a mutual friend of ours passed due to an illness, but that's about the only communication I've had with him over the years. The last time I saw Jacob he was a little kid and was the same age as my son, but everything I have heard about him over the years was positive. He was a really good guy, which makes this whole affair all the more bizarre. I haven't called his father just because we haven't seen each other in so long and I imagine he's overwhelmed right now, but I dropped him a letter in the mail, old school. This was his only son.

I've known this kid's father for over 25 years, which makes this just insane. We were childhood friends, but ultimately grew apart and lost touch around a dozen or so years ago. I had a short text session with him about two years ago, after a mutual friend of ours passed due to an illness, but that's about the only communication I've had with him over the years. The last time I saw Jacob he was a little kid and was the same age as my son, but everything I have heard about him over the years was positive. He was a really good guy, which makes this whole affair all the more bizarre. I haven't called his father just because we haven't seen each other in so long and I imagine he's overwhelmed right now, but I dropped him a letter in the mail, old school. This was his only son.

The full story will hopefully come out.

Forum List

Back