This: "I voted for Trump in 2016. His disrespect for veterans will make me vote Democrat."

:th_Back_2_Topic_2:

This type of thing seems to be gaining momentum -- "I voted for Trump in 2016. His disrespect for veterans will make me vote Democrat."

I could be wrong, but it appears to build on itself, like the momentum VP Kamala Harris built on after Joe withdrew his name from the nomination process. I know some people automatically jump to the "RINO" label, but I've long argued here that RINOs do not actually exist. If having disagreements over individual issues makes a lifetime registered Republican not a real Republication -- then I suggest that is demanding a litmus test to belong. And no credible Republican (until MAGA officially took over the party (Trump daughter-in-law installed at top)) ever claimed a litmus test had to be given to become or stay a Republican

Last month, local Pennsylvania Republican Matthew McCaffrey penned an op-ed published by The Inquirer, titled, "I voted for Trump in 2016. His disrespect for veterans will make me vote Democrat."

This: "I voted for Trump in 2016. His disrespect for veterans will make me vote Democrat."​

Those stories are not true... proven lies.... debunked crap from butthurt desk generals....
You're probably right, but you've got to admit that The Donold hasn't exactly praised military personnel in his time (which, by the way, is over).

Walz has said he has “an honorable record” — and other service members who led the same battalion have defended him.

“He was a great soldier,” Joseph Eustice, who served 32 years in the National Guard, told the Star Tribune in 2022.

“When he chose to leave, he had every right to leave,” added Eustice, who indicated that other attacks on Walz’s record may have been made by disgruntled soldiers who were passed up for promotions.

Another National Guard member who served under Walz said that the future US lawmaker was eyeing a run for Congress earlier than 2005.

“Would the soldier look down on him because he didn’t go with us? Would the common soldier say, ‘Hey, he didn’t go with us, he’s trying to skip out on a deployment?’ And he wasn’t,” Al Bonnifield recalled to Minnesota Public Radio of Walz’s concerns about dipping out before the deployment to Iraq.

“He talked with us for quite a while on that subject. He weighed that decision to run for Congress very heavy [sic],” Bonnifeld added. “He loved the military, he loved the guard, he loved the soldiers he worked with.”

“We all do what we can. I’m proud I did 24 years,” Walz has said about his service.
He served honorably until he lied about it... why did he do that?... wasn't he proud of his own service?... its very sad when you think about it...

Trying not to feed the trolls here.

so back to facts:

The things people who keep ignoring things say, need to be corrected

Minnesota National Guard officials weigh in on Walz service​

Claims the VP candidate abandoned unit don’t match reality, officials say​

It’s unlikey that Gov. Tim Walz, the Democratic nominee to the vice presidency, knew that his unit would receive mobilization orders not long after he retired in 2005, sources with the Minnesota National Guard told the Herald.

However, according to information shared by multiple official sources within the MNG, Walz earned that rank and would need either the gift of prophecy or a time machine to use the deployment as an excuse to leave the service...

According to Lt. Col. Kristen Augé, the MNG’s State Public Affairs Officer, Walz “served from April 8, 1981, to May 16, 2005″ during which time he “held multiple positions within field artillery such as firing battery chief, operations sergeant, first sergeant, and culminated his career serving as the command sergeant major for the battalion.”

How do you know--you're not a vet.

Debunked numerous times. The letter was signed when these veterans were under command of Walz when he was governor and commander in chief of the MN national guard.

GOP opponent who never served criticizes Gov. Tim Walz's exit from National Guard​

Supporters say the governor was a great soldier who was entitled to leave when he chose.​

By Rochelle Olson
October 16, 2022 at 2:26PM

Candidates in Minnesota and across the country for years have faced questions about their military service. Former Gov. Jesse Ventura weathered scrutiny about his time as a Navy SEAL, military service that became a major theme in the former professional wrestler's longshot bid for governor.

I've never heard him denigrate a soldier besides bad generals like Milley....
bad generals? I thought he only hired the best people for the job? :auiqs.jpg:

5 stages Trump WH staff employ 2.jpg

How do you know--you're not a vet.
How do I know what veterans have said?

D'Oh!

More than 1,000 US military veterans and family members of veterans have signed on to an open letter condemning what they describe as “politically motivated attacks” on Democratic vice presidential pick Tim Walz’s military service by former President Donald Trump and his running-mate, Ohio Senator JD Vance.

The thousand-strong group of “veterans, veteran families, military families, caregivers, and survivors” said they are all “appalled” at the attacks on Walz, who retired from the Minnesota Army National Guard after a 24-year career that saw him ascend to the rank of command sergeant major, the highest rank for any enlisted person in the Army.

This is a losing issue for you haters. So I guess us true patriots should be thanking you.

btw, Tm McVeigh/Lee Oswald - vets

This: "I voted for Trump in 2016. His disrespect for veterans will make me vote Democrat."​

Those stories are not true... proven lies.... debunked crap from butthurt desk generals....
then he has not been pushing the bullshit about walz' service.?

harris must have the best ai in the universe to make trump say such things.

then he has not been pushing the bullshit about walz' service.?

harris must have the best ai in the universe to make trump say such things.
Well its not BS but that being said he barely mentions it....

This type of thing seems to be gaining momentum -- "I voted for Trump in 2016. His disrespect for veterans will make me vote Democrat."

I could be wrong, but it appears to build on itself, like the momentum VP Kamala Harris built on after Joe withdrew his name from the nomination process. I know some people automatically jump to the "RINO" label, but I've long argued here that RINOs do not actually exist. If having disagreements over individual issues makes a lifetime registered Republican not a real Republication -- then I suggest that is demanding a litmus test to belong. And no credible Republican (until MAGA officially took over the party (Trump daughter-in-law installed at top)) ever claimed a litmus test had to be given to become or stay a Republican

Last month, local Pennsylvania Republican Matthew McCaffrey penned an op-ed published by The Inquirer, titled, "I voted for Trump in 2016. His disrespect for veterans will make me vote Democrat."

"The way I look at is: I didn't commit 34 felonies; I haven't been found liable for sexual misconduct; I haven't drug our country through one of the worst days in our history on Jan. 6," the Republican added.

Then we have:

'Lifelong Republican' ex-GA lieutenant gov. endorses Kamala Harris

Former Georgia Lieutenant Governor explained in an op-ed published by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution earlier this year why he was supporting President Joe Biden in his bid for reelection.

Skewering his fellow Republicans for "[falling] in line behind Donald Trump," the ex-GOP leader wrote: "The healing of the Republican Party cannot begin with Trump as president," which is why, "This November, I am voting for a decent person I disagree with on policy over a criminal defendant without a moral compass."

"I’m committed to beating Donald Trump," Duncan wrote in a post via X. "The only vehicle left for me to do that with is the Democratic Party. If that requires me to vote for, speak for, or endorse @KamalaHarris then count me in!"

"Duncan was the Georgia Lt. Gov. from 2019-2023. He backed Trump in 2020, but was horrified by Trump's attempted coup. He endorsed Biden in May, and wrote: 'I am voting for a decent person I disagree with on policy over a criminal defendant without a moral compass.'"

Why did you vote for Trump in 2016? Who did you vote for in 2020?

Forum List

Back