Health Premiums Up $3,065; Obama Vowed $2,500 Cut ["by the end of my first term"]

"A $3065 increase in 4 years is not "flattening," you senile idiot."

If in comparison to the previous four years, then, yes, the increase is on a flattened curve.

"Being the Messiah Obama should have been able to do what he promised: cut premiums by $2,500" is true, if my party had not obstructed the bill every foot of the way.

"So it is refreshing to see democrats, like [bold faced fabrication], admit that without Republican help the democrats are useless."

Governance by both parties is not "useless."

But your comment is.

This "If you read Jake the Fake post you see he is trying to say the Republicans are responsible for the problems with the ACA. Thus he is admitting it is a POS, so yes he realizes it he just won't come out and straightforward say so" is why our GOP loses national elections. The American people simply will not vote nationally for far right candidates.

What I don't understand is that there appear to people who either don't realize or won't admit that those who don't qualify for subsidies are probably seeing higher premiums, higher deductibles, or both.

I do understand that partisan ideologues have to deny and spin, but am I right about this? They really don't know?

If you don't qualify for subsidies....like me.....it means that you are very likely to already have a compliant plan through your employer or your spouses employer. Thus, your plan has not changed any more than it would have without the law and your premiums are only going up as much as they would have without the law being passed.

People with incomes that are large enough to prevent them from getting subsidies are, as an honest person will admit, not really impacted by this law in any significant way. They are not the people to whom the law is meant to assist.

The law is ridiculous.......but it is better than what we had for enough people.....to make it a net positive for the nation.

Partisan ideologue my ass.

Most but not all. Companies, that can, are dropping coverage saying that the people will save money with Obamacare. True if they qualify for subsidizes. Companies are also dropping benefits for those retired. All to save money, all blaming Obamacare. The companies are liars. They see a way to save bucks and are doing it, all because of Obamacare. So if a person is in the wrong place this is very bad for them.

You are making some sense.

Now....what percentage of the typical employer sponsored health care plan is actually paid for by the employee? Because the portion that the employer pays is part of the employee's compensation package. If your employer drops coverage, you are due extra pay. That will take place of the subsidy.

Yes?

We can this to the list of Obama lies. It's also one of the main reasons Obamacare spells doom for Democrats:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/health-premiums-3-065-obama-224300715.html

Premiums for employer-provided family coverage rose $3,065 — 24% — from 2008 to 2012, the Kaiser survey found.

At a campaign stop in Columbus, Ohio, in February 2008, Obama promised that "We are going to work with you to lower your premiums by $2,500. We will not wait 20 years from now to do it, or 10 years from now to do it. We will do it by the end of my first term as president.​

Well, it can't be his fault. Health care companies just wont listen to him. Time to nationalize them.

Liberal voter...

ezhlko.jpg

Health Premiums Up $3,065; Obama Vowed $2,500 Cut ["by the end of my first term"]

The American people are fully aware that far right reactionary obstructionism is at fault for the failure.

Actually, no, Jake, these are delusions all of your own.

The American people are fully aware that far right reactionary obstructionism is at fault for the failure.

Actually, no, Jake, these are delusions all of your own.

It's Jake "Fact Free"Starkey, king of the unsubstantiated statement. Jake just makes it up as he goes along. It's easier that way.

The American people are fully aware that far right reactionary obstructionism is at fault for the failure. And bripat won't tell you that costs are flattening in the last five years, a great improvement on the Bush and Clinton years.

First of, how many Republicans voted for ACA?
Second, can you explain how Republican could possibly obstruct ACA, other then bitching about it?

If you don't qualify for subsidies....like me.....it means that you are very likely to already have a compliant plan through your employer or your spouses employer. Thus, your plan has not changed any more than it would have without the law and your premiums are only going up as much as they would have without the law being passed.

People with incomes that are large enough to prevent them from getting subsidies are, as an honest person will admit, not really impacted by this law in any significant way. They are not the people to whom the law is meant to assist.

The law is ridiculous.......but it is better than what we had for enough people.....to make it a net positive for the nation.

Partisan ideologue my ass.

Most but not all. Companies, that can, are dropping coverage saying that the people will save money with Obamacare. True if they qualify for subsidizes. Companies are also dropping benefits for those retired. All to save money, all blaming Obamacare. The companies are liars. They see a way to save bucks and are doing it, all because of Obamacare. So if a person is in the wrong place this is very bad for them.

Now....what percentage of the typical employer sponsored health care plan is actually paid for by the employee? Because the portion that the employer pays is part of the employee's compensation package. If your employer drops coverage, you are due extra pay. That will take place of the subsidy.

Yes?

In a fair world maybe, in reality no. I would say that right now I am paying about 50 to 60 percent, don't really know. Before my life style change I was paying about 1/2 of what I pay now. If I were to go to the Obamacare exchanges I would naturally be paying 100 percent. The company, saving money, isn't going to give a nickel they don't have to. As I said those already retired were receiving money for Medicare and now they will not. So what was promised is not be given, and Obamacare is their excuse.

The American people are fully aware that far right reactionary obstructionism is at fault for the failure. And bripat won't tell you that costs are flattening in the last five years, a great improvement on the Bush and Clinton years.

You voted for Obama, then you want to be taken seriously in debate while claiming you're some sort of moderate Republican....

lolz.

BTW, your comment here was about as far left reactionary nutter as it gets.... again.

Yes?

In a fair world maybe, in reality no. I would say that right now I am paying about 50 to 60 percent, don't really know. Before my life style change I was paying about 1/2 of what I pay now. If I were to go to the Obamacare exchanges I would naturally be paying 100 percent. The company, saving money, isn't going to give a nickel they don't have to. As I said those already retired were receiving money for Medicare and now they will not. So what was promised is not be given, and Obamacare is their excuse.

On average, employers pay between 70 and 80% of premiums. It is compensation. If your employer drops your coverage, you are being given a pay cut. You can take that pay cut...and blame Obama...or you can demand that you get paid what you are worth and apply that added salary to your health care premiums.

Having an employer that is screwing you and being able to do nothing about it is the best argument in favor of labor unions.

What I don't understand is that there appear to people who either don't realize or won't admit that those who don't qualify for subsidies are probably seeing higher premiums, higher deductibles, or both.

I do understand that partisan ideologues have to deny and spin, but am I right about this? They really don't know?

I'm sorry, but I just can't believe you. After all, Harry Reid said people like you are lying. All those "horror stories" are just made up from horrible, horrible, un-American people like you.....:D

And we all know that Harry Reid is above reproach.....that gutter trash.

We can this to the list of Obama lies. It's also one of the main reasons Obamacare spells doom for Democrats:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/health-premiums-3-065-obama-224300715.html

Premiums for employer-provided family coverage rose $3,065 — 24% — from 2008 to 2012, the Kaiser survey found.​

At a campaign stop in Columbus, Ohio, in February 2008, Obama promised that "We are going to work with you to lower your premiums by $2,500. We will not wait 20 years from now to do it, or 10 years from now to do it. We will do it by the end of my first term as president.​

That's an interesting timeframe you picked to blame Obama for premium increases - 2008 to 2012,

since for much of that Obamacare hadn't even been passed, and for all of that, Obamacare hadn't been fully implemented.

lol

Frankly, I just don't get it. Obama repeatedly lied to us about this crap. The left STILL defends this asshole. .
And I don't get this randell! bush was repeatedly warned about al Qaida planning to attack the US and he chose to look the other way. Then after they attacked that killed 3000 Americans he promised to get bin Laden, DEAD OR ALIVE. Of course we know he did not keep his promise. We then when to war in Afghanistan and just when we were about to end that war bush pulled the troops out and sent them to Iraq based on a group of lies about WMD that did not exist. A few months into that war he claimed Mission Accomplished while the American death toll eventually climbed to around 4500. We eventually left Iraq, thanks to Obama, but thanks to us the civil war is still raging in Iraq. But bush wasn't done yet. When Katrina leveled the Gulf Coast and destroyed New Orleans bush managed to once again look the other way and hundreds died thanks to the political flunky bush appointed (brownie) who was totally clueless on what to do. But bush was still not done. In the last days of his administration the US economy was dropping like a rock and Americans were loosing jobs at a rate of 750,000 jobs/MONTH. Virtually every economist in the US was predicting a depression to rival the 30's. And yet, we never heard a peep out of you while this is going on and now all we hear from you is bitch, bitch, bitch. When I hear you starting to condemn bush for putting America in the shitter I will start to listen to you about Obama. Until then he has my total support. The last person I want to see is a war monger like mcccain or a rich vulture capitalist who is so far out of touch with America that he does not have a clue what Americans want or need.

Hey Stupid...Bush hasn't been president for 5 years now. Hell, why not go dig JFK up and slap the hell out of him for getting hundreds of ex-patriate Cubans killed at the Bay Of Pigs? Or why not tear down the Lincoln Memorial because after all - Lincoln was president when 560,000 Americans were killed during the Civil War. What about kicking the snot out of the ghost of Richard Nixon for getting 46,000 GIs killed in Vietnam? Or how about looking up Jimmy Carter and slapping him for getting 23 Rangers killed with his BS failed raid into Iran? How about beating the hell out of Harry Truman's grave for the killing of 180,000 people at Hiroshima and Nagasaki? Or Why not slap the hell out of Hillary Clinton for failing to provide adequate security for those men in Benghazi? Or why not beat the hell out of that skinny-assed president we are saddled with now for the couple of thousand Troops that have died since he has been in office..

You're so full of crap that your breath stinks.

Last edited:
How many in this thread can prove that their own premiums went up, on the same coverage, only because of the ACA?

Are you kidding?

Try $524 per year...

This is the exact text from HR...

As a result of the Affordable Care Act, you are being charged the Annual Fee on Health Insurers (Health Insurers Fee) and the Transitional Reinsurance Contribution Fee (Reinsurance Fee.)

Yeah that $2,500 savings is a load of crap...

The Kool Aid is flowing real good for NYc...

How many in this thread can prove that their own premiums went up, on the same coverage, only because of the ACA?

Are you kidding?

Try $524 per year...

This is the exact text from HR...

As a result of the Affordable Care Act, you are being charged the Annual Fee on Health Insurers (Health Insurers Fee) and the Transitional Reinsurance Contribution Fee (Reinsurance Fee.)

Yeah that $2,500 savings is a load of crap...

The Kool Aid is flowing real good for NYc...

You just might believe anything. How have you made it this far?

Forum List

Back