Health Premiums Up $3,065; Obama Vowed $2,500 Cut ["by the end of my first term"]

How many in this thread can prove that their own premiums went up, on the same coverage, only because of the ACA?

None.

Because that's not how it works. You don't keep the same plan. And also because no one is dumb enough to put their personal information in this forum.

Ours went up a little under $3,000 a year, and our deductibles went from $3,500 to $6,000. My old plan is no longer offered, even though it served us perfectly well. You can choose not to believe that because you don't want to believe that. I'd suspect a relatively simple Google search would provide you with all the evidence you need, if you were actually curious.

Meh, it is what it is, the law now. So I don't bitch about it. It does annoy me that we still have five (5) different health care payment systems after all this -- individual/group, VA, Medicare, Medicaid, indigent -- and that this was a horrific wasted opportunity, but fuck it. I'm used to our "leaders" failing us, and I'm used to their partisan apologists spinning for them, see above.

It would be nice to get a Thank You card from those I'm supporting, but I'm not expecting that.

Man.....$3000 per year! That's awful, and higher deductibles! Terrible! Just terrible!

That $3000 number sure is a popular one.

You know what they say about statistics........

FactChecking Health Insurance Premiums

You know what they say about assholes.
From your link:
On the other hand, the fact that the law caused any increase at all cast more doubt on Obama’s promise that the law “could save families $2,500 in the coming years.” We’ve been calling that claim into question for several years now. The plain fact is that — so far — the law has caused an increase in premiums, though not so large an increase as some Republicans claim
and Factcheck.org is notoriously biased. So if they say it isnt true, you know it.

Isn't this fun! You get pissed about a campaign promise. Something that, by nature, is subject to scrutiny and is to be taken for what it is...given the fact that the dude making the promise is not a king.

But you fail to get in the least bit upset about lies regarding the reasons for premium increases or misrepresentations about the trend in health care costs.

You then claim that factcheck is notoriously biased.

Quite the superstar, you are.

So your position is that it's OK when politicians lie? What "lies" about the reason for the premium increases? Why should anyone swallow the swill pumped out by your propaganda mill?

How many in this thread can prove that their own premiums went up, on the same coverage, only because of the ACA?

None.

Because that's not how it works. You don't keep the same plan. And also because no one is dumb enough to put their personal information in this forum.

Ours went up a little under $3,000 a year, and our deductibles went from $3,500 to $6,000. My old plan is no longer offered, even though it served us perfectly well. You can choose not to believe that because you don't want to believe that. I'd suspect a relatively simple Google search would provide you with all the evidence you need, if you were actually curious.

Meh, it is what it is, the law now. So I don't bitch about it. It does annoy me that we still have five (5) different health care payment systems after all this -- individual/group, VA, Medicare, Medicaid, indigent -- and that this was a horrific wasted opportunity, but fuck it. I'm used to our "leaders" failing us, and I'm used to their partisan apologists spinning for them, see above.

It would be nice to get a Thank You card from those I'm supporting, but I'm not expecting that.

So wait a minute, you expect a "thank you" from Veterans because we are providing their health care?

Really? You think that's how it should work, then?

I do agree that we had too many interests trying to preserve their little corner of the current system instead of biting the bullet and going to a single payer system like every other civilized country has.

3641815790_its_all_republicans_fault_answer_3_xlarge.png

So your position is that it's OK when politicians lie? What "lies" about the reason for the premium increases? Why should anyone swallow the swill pumped out by your propaganda mill?

Lying is OK with partisan ideologues.

Honesty, who cares, they just want to "win".

None.

So wait a minute, you expect a "thank you" from Veterans because we are providing their health care?

Really? You think that's how it should work, then?

I do agree that we had too many interests trying to preserve their little corner of the current system instead of biting the bullet and going to a single payer system like every other civilized country has.

Classic Joe, just make shit up.

I'm not subsidizing Veterans with those higher premiums, they have VA, Tri Care, Tri Care For Life, thankfully.

Do you constantly lie like this is real life? You must be a real joy to be around.

Last edited:
You know what they say about assholes.
From your link:

and Factcheck.org is notoriously biased. So if they say it isnt true, you know it.

Isn't this fun! You get pissed about a campaign promise. Something that, by nature, is subject to scrutiny and is to be taken for what it is...given the fact that the dude making the promise is not a king.

But you fail to get in the least bit upset about lies regarding the reasons for premium increases or misrepresentations about the trend in health care costs.

You then claim that factcheck is notoriously biased.

Quite the superstar, you are.

No. I think it sucks when politicians lie. But I also know what a campaign promise is. I know that the politician saying it is stating his or her wishes as much as anything. They want you to know what they WANT to do.

You, being a person of limited intelligence, fail to grasp this fact. Therefore, whenever your guy loses, you find yourself outraged by the lies. Somehow, when your guy wins....not so much.

The premium increases are due to the insurance companies increasing premiums to combat the rising costs of health care in our country. That rising cost is the result of our failure to address the problem for several decades. It has nothing to do with the ACA.

Do a little research. When you hear a campaign promise, check it out. View it in context. It will save you much embarrassment.

Health Premiums Up $3,065; Obama Vowed $2,500 Cut ["by the end of my first term"]

The American people are fully aware that far right reactionary obstructionism is at fault for the failure. And bripat won't tell you that costs are flattening in the last five years, a great improvement on the Bush and Clinton years.

Being the Messiah Obama should have been able to do what he promised:cut premiums by $2,500.
That was his vow. His sacred promise to VOTERS.
But of course he also said.."If you like your plan you can keep it"... the Lie of 2013 as determined EVEN by the liberal left wing Politifact.org!

FACTS about Politifact.org... (Owned by Tampa Bay Times which is owned by Poynter Institute a "NON-tax paying entity.

PolitiFact is not that honest fact-checker. And these aren’t isolated cases. Once widely regarded as a unique, rigorous and reasonably independent investigator of political claims, PolitiFact now declares conservatives wrong three times more often than liberals. More pointedly, the journalism organization concludes that conservatives have flat out lied nine times more often than liberals.

If you were a fact-checker yourself, you might reasonably conclude that PolitiFact is biased — that it favors liberals over conservatives. But PolitiFact continues to assert its impartiality.

PolitiFact editor Bill Adair did not respond to interview requests. But liberals defend the organization. They gleefully point to PolitiFact’s lopsided numbers as evidence that a neutral arbiter has declared liberal politicians are more honest than their conservative counterparts.
PolitiFact bias: Does the GOP tell nine times more lies than left? Really? - Conservative News

The American people are fully aware that far right reactionary obstructionism is at fault for the failure. And bripat won't tell you that costs are flattening in the last five years, a great improvement on the Bush and Clinton years.
So if the premiums skyrocket and hold then that's evidence that Obama's plan has worked since it stabalized prices. Who ties your shoes?

What I don't understand is that there appear to people who either don't realize or won't admit that those who don't qualify for subsidies are probably seeing higher premiums, higher deductibles, or both.

I do understand that partisan ideologues have to deny and spin, but am I right about this? They really don't know?

Well right on cue the democrat operative shows up, meter running?

So it is refreshing to see democrats, like yourself, admit that without Republican help the democrats are useless. But what is so despicable about the democrats that the entire bill is theirs. They passed it, they amend it contrary to the law and the should own it. But they don't have the moral integrity. Your trying to somehow blame Republicans proves positively to me that you know it is a POS. And no, the American people are not as stupid as you democrats think them to be. They know the party responsible and hopefully that party will pay big time.

What I see happening with this POS bill is that companies are using it as an excuse to cut health care coverage. They will say that Obamacare is a savings to the person yet the person will have higher premiums and higher out of pocket expenses. I know because I am one of those people they are lying too.

Last edited:

What I don't understand is that there appear to people who either don't realize or won't admit that those who don't qualify for subsidies are probably seeing higher premiums, higher deductibles, or both.

I do understand that partisan ideologues have to deny and spin, but am I right about this? They really don't know?

If you don't qualify for subsidies....like me.....it means that you are very likely to already have a compliant plan through your employer or your spouses employer. Thus, your plan has not changed any more than it would have without the law and your premiums are only going up as much as they would have without the law being passed.

People with incomes that are large enough to prevent them from getting subsidies are, as an honest person will admit, not really impacted by this law in any significant way. They are not the people to whom the law is meant to assist.

The law is ridiculous.......but it is better than what we had for enough people.....to make it a net positive for the nation.

Partisan ideologue my ass.

If you read Jake the Fake post you see he is trying to say the Republicans are responsible for the problems with the ACA. Thus he is admitting it is a POS, so yes he realizes it he just won't come out and straightforward say so.

Besides, they don't care, they won and that is all that matters.

If you don't qualify for subsidies....like me.....it means that you are very likely to already have a compliant plan through your employer or your spouses employer. Thus, your plan has not changed any more than it would have without the law and your premiums are only going up as much as they would have without the law being passed.

People with incomes that are large enough to prevent them from getting subsidies are, as an honest person will admit, not really impacted by this law in any significant way. They are not the people to whom the law is meant to assist.

The law is ridiculous.......but it is better than what we had for enough people.....to make it a net positive for the nation.

Partisan ideologue my ass.

Most but not all. Companies, that can, are dropping coverage saying that the people will save money with Obamacare. True if they qualify for subsidizes. Companies are also dropping benefits for those retired. All to save money, all blaming Obamacare. The companies are liars. They see a way to save bucks and are doing it, all because of Obamacare. So if a person is in the wrong place this is very bad for them.

Color me shocked.

Of course deductables are going up.

The only winners in the ACA are those we taxpayers are going to be forced to subsidize.

And, hospitals, doctors, nurses, drug companies and health care insurance companies. The losers will eventually be everyone else.

I won't, no can't, prove it to you but my healthcare costs have doubled since Obamacare. But I will say that isn't because of Obamacare it is because I changed lifestyle.

But let me tell you what a very large company has done using Obamacare as an excuse of will definitely effect me and raise my costs.

The company needs money they economic downturn in industry has hurt them and they have bought other companies putting a load on the very stable base company. So the stock is down, they are poor mouthing and yet they gave the CEO a 4 million dollar raise from 6 million.

So where do they save money? Well first they were helping retirees on Medicare with their premiums. That has ended cold turkey. Second those retiring before 65 will have not group coverage after 2014 they are at the mercy of Obamacare. So the company, using Obamacare as a BS reason, has cut deferred compensation that was promised. Why? Because they can. They might have done it with or without Obamacare but the excuse they are using, and it was said at a company wide meeting, is Obamacare.

Forum List

Back