Heating Up Your Car This Winter Could Get You Fined In Massachusetts

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
GettyImages-615314421.jpg

Lord but it’s stuff like that makes me happy to live in Nevada – in spite of the heavy-handed Harry Reid Political Mafia here.

Mass Live reported Thursday that Massachusetts law Chapter 90 Sec. 16A states: “No person shall cause, suffer, allow or permit the unnecessary operation of the engine of a motor vehicle while said vehicle is stopped for a foreseeable period of time in excess of five minutes.”

This means that idling one’s car for more than five minutes “could result in a $100 fine for the first offense, and up to $500 for each subsequent offense,” the outlet reported.

Got that? You must get into a car covered in ice, start it up, and drive it away. Wonder what that’ll do to engines? You darned well better have the right lubricants and anti-freeze.

More @ Heating Up Your Car This Winter Could Get You Fined In Massachusetts

GettyImages-615314421.jpg

Lord but it’s stuff like that makes me happy to live in Nevada – in spite of the heavy-handed Harry Reid Political Mafia here.

Mass Live reported Thursday that Massachusetts law Chapter 90 Sec. 16A states: “No person shall cause, suffer, allow or permit the unnecessary operation of the engine of a motor vehicle while said vehicle is stopped for a foreseeable period of time in excess of five minutes.”

This means that idling one’s car for more than five minutes “could result in a $100 fine for the first offense, and up to $500 for each subsequent offense,” the outlet reported.

Got that? You must get into a car covered in ice, start it up, and drive it away. Wonder what that’ll do to engines? You darned well better have the right lubricants and anti-freeze.

More @ Heating Up Your Car This Winter Could Get You Fined In Massachusetts

If your car can't handle setting forth with under five minutes of idling it ain't fit to be on the road anyway, is it.

Oh and btw EVERY car has anitfreeze and lubricants. Who knew. What do you travel by --- camel?

I try to keep up with engine "stuff" and from what I've read letting an engine idle to warm up is harmful- that said, I've been playing with engines longer than most journalists have been alive and some warm up is good for everything including the driver.

Big trucks are being penalized in a number of metropolitan areas for idling to keep people warm or cold, but, I read a few years ago where the law is enforced, if a pet was in the cab it's okay-

These type laws are merely revenue generators made by the few to punish the many because "we have to do something"-

I stopped at a fast food place on the interstate going thru New Jersey last winter when the temperature was well below freezing. It was at night and I wanted to rest a bit with car heater on. But there were State law signs all over the parking lot stating there was a heavy fine if you were caught idling your car. ... :cuckoo:

Last edited:
All of these states have regulations covering the practice in some form or another:

Arizona
California
Colorado
Connecticut
Delaware
District of Columbia
Georgia
Hawaii
Illinois
Louisiana
Maine
Maryland
Massachusetts
Minnesota
Missouri
Nevada
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New York
Ohio
Oregon
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
South Carolina
Texas
Utah
Vermont
Virginia
Washington
Wisconsin
Wyoming

It's not new by any stretch of the imagination, but your "outrage" is noted...

Oh, and just for the OP:

upload_2019-11-18_19-27-53.png

upload_2019-11-18_19-28-15.png

As long as you don't run diesel, you seem to be okay...

https://www.epa.gov/sites/production/files/documents/CompilationofStateIdlingRegulations.pdf

All of these states have regulations covering the practice in some form or another:

Arizona
California
Colorado
Connecticut
Delaware
District of Columbia
Georgia
Hawaii
Illinois
Louisiana
Maine
Maryland
Massachusetts
Minnesota
Missouri
Nevada
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New York
Ohio
Oregon
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
South Carolina
Texas
Utah
Vermont
Virginia
Washington
Wisconsin
Wyoming

Oh, and just for the OP:

View attachment 290587
View attachment 290589

https://www.epa.gov/sites/production/files/documents/CompilationofStateIdlingRegulations.pdf

surgical decapitation of the op

This has been the law for at least fifteen years. Non-story.

There is no need to idle a modern engine.

Arizona
California
Colorado
Connecticut
Delaware
District of Columbia
Georgia
Hawaii
Illinois
Louisiana
Maine
Maryland
Massachusetts
Minnesota
Missouri
Nevada
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New York
Ohio
Oregon
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
South Carolina
Texas
Utah
Vermont
Virginia
Washington
Wisconsin
Wyoming

Oh, and just for the OP:

View attachment 290587
View attachment 290589

FUCK STUPID LAWS

I heat my shit up EVERY MORNING before work.
You want a beat down TRY to get in my truck before I get out the front door.

Couldn't pay me to live in that state. I was just reading some place that they're seizing vehicles if you get stoped and have flavored tobacco or something like that. What happens if it's in your home? Are they gonna take that, too?

I stopped at a fast food place on the interstate going thru New Jersey last winter when the temperature was well below freezing. It was at night and I wanted to rest a bit with car heater on. But there were State law signs all over the parking lot stating there was a heavy fine if you were caught idling your car. ... :cuckoo:

Jersey is another tyrannical state where everything is illegal.

Attack on the middle class again under the guise of whatever bullshit the globalists sell to their useful idiots like pogo.

Forum List

Back