Hello.....I told you this would happen......Exponents don't lie

2 ways out- a vaccine or herd immunity. Once it broke containment, those are options we had, and have.

They both suck, but stopping it isn't going to happen. I've been of that belief since late February....
Of course youre not going to stop it without a vaccine or immunity. However the spread could have been considerably slowed down if action had been taken earlier.

Probably, yes, and I'm sure we all wish a lot of things had gone differently across a range of countries and agencies, but that still puts us in the catch-22 we are now in. 18 months or more to a vaccine and little to no herd immunity, maybe 10% of the population, and we need to get to 60ish to stop it.
Thats assuming herd immunity works. From what I hear its closer to the cold than the flu. Its going to be a fucking disaster if it mutates and comes back in the fall.

Yes, true. It probably does come back in the fall, assuming it recedes at in the summer, which is also not a certainty. Hopefully we'll have better infrastructure in place at that point to test, track and trace cases to prevent it going haywire and overwhelming the medical system, but this thing is going to be a PITA for quite a while, maybe a year or two, assuming we can get it under control at all with a vaccine or drug treatment.

If not, the only thing that can change it is acquired immunity, which means we may see a couple of rounds of this before people's immune stems learn to fight it off effectively.

This may also be why we are seeing reports of people testing positive more than once. We're all like babies, our bodies seeing this pathogen for the very first time, so our bodies, in some cases, may need multiple exposures to learn how to fight it more effectively.

Definitely a damn shit-show.

That and there are many corona viruses, and then there are strains of those viruses

Immunity to one doesn't necessarily give you immunity to another

The whole data set is flawed

Aside from the fact that you can certainly multiply any official numbers by at least ten when they come out of China, you simply cannot beat the exponent of increase when it comes to this little bio-demon.

A single mishap in one community defeats 999 successful preventions and will continue to do so all day long until the entire populace has been exposed. Covid-19 wins....I said this already. You have an option....stay home and starve to death or accept the fact that exponsure is inevitable. I'm not trying to sound insensitive I'm trying to knock some sense into the liberal nonsense that some super group effort can prevail.....IT CANNOT. There is no such thing as a late response. With this thing it was already too late with patient zero.

Gavin Newsome is an ass splinter numbskul....but he's getting this one thing right.... instead of talking about how to extend the shutdown he's talking about how to restart the economy with the new normal.... YES...this is the conversation that we must have. Going to work will not just be punching in....it will be getting your temp checked also. Eating out will feature waiters and waitresses with PPE not just staff uniforms...all grocery stores will have cashiers behind plexiglass shields...so on and so forth.

God willing the warm weather will make some kind of impact....it seems to discourage the spread. I wonder if the ultraviolet frequencies are effective...they are more prevalent in warm weather because the light ray angles are more direct.

Stay healthy if you can.

JO

Sweden hasn't shut down....

This is all media fabricated on terrible assumptions with no statistical backing

Looks like a new strain of the flu to me. It's a corona virus, we know what those are.

People need to stop pretending like this is an apocolypse. There is no reason not to shut down every year for flu season if you're going to let this rile you up.
Obviously another retarded Drumpfbot. You ever see the flu kill this many people this quickly? Can you even imagine how many people would dead right now if we hadnt shut down?

Or just a sane progressive who is worried about poor americans not yuppie concerns?

You want us to all lock ourselves away for a few months and eat huge losses in GDP?

OK boomer

Shut the fuck up and die
Youre obviously not worried about poor americans. They are the ones getting hit the hardest. They are the ones with underlying conditions due to inadequate health care. So you claim to be a progressive but you think like these dumbasses that say let the virus kill who it may while we go to work? No I wont shut up and yes I will die when its my time.

So you admit he did politicize the virus.

Of course not... He's been accused of KILLING AMERICANS every morning on Morning Joe... That shit needs a response.. And as much as Trump is troll -- THE MEDIA needs a boot up their ass every morning apparently to act like adults...
Well he did kill americans. Are you saying that his lack of action affected no one? All he needed to do is start the process when he was first briefed by intelligence instead of listening to the WHO and China.

Aside from the fact that you can certainly multiply any official numbers by at least ten when they come out of China, you simply cannot beat the exponent of increase when it comes to this little bio-demon.

A single mishap in one community defeats 999 successful preventions and will continue to do so all day long until the entire populace has been exposed. Covid-19 wins....I said this already. You have an option....stay home and starve to death or accept the fact that exponsure is inevitable. I'm not trying to sound insensitive I'm trying to knock some sense into the liberal nonsense that some super group effort can prevail.....IT CANNOT. There is no such thing as a late response. With this thing it was already too late with patient zero.

Gavin Newsome is an ass splinter numbskul....but he's getting this one thing right.... instead of talking about how to extend the shutdown he's talking about how to restart the economy with the new normal.... YES...this is the conversation that we must have. Going to work will not just be punching in....it will be getting your temp checked also. Eating out will feature waiters and waitresses with PPE not just staff uniforms...all grocery stores will have cashiers behind plexiglass shields...so on and so forth.

God willing the warm weather will make some kind of impact....it seems to discourage the spread. I wonder if the ultraviolet frequencies are effective...they are more prevalent in warm weather because the light ray angles are more direct.

Stay healthy if you can.

JO

This is all media fabricated on terrible assumptions with no statistical backing

Looks like a new strain of the flu to me. It's a corona virus, we know what those are.

People need to stop pretending like this is an apocolypse. There is no reason not to shut down every year for flu season if you're going to let this rile you up.
Obviously another retarded Drumpfbot. You ever see the flu kill this many people this quickly? Can you even imagine how many people would dead right now if we hadnt shut down?

Or just a sane progressive who is worried about poor americans not yuppie concerns?

You want us to all lock ourselves away for a few months and eat huge losses in GDP?

OK boomer

Shut the fuck up and die

The irony of some yuppy **** with his head so far up his own ass he imagines this quartine is good for poor people....Just insanity. You have no right to tell the poor they can't work in a society where you don't take care of them.

If this shutdown lasts too long, everybody goes down.
The media and Congress are rather insulated from hardships the shutdown causes.
Young people splitting rent with 2 others are not insulated.

I would love to get the country back to how it was when I was young, if you wanted to work, you could get a job or 2.

Housing used to cost 1 week's work or less, now it's 150-200% of that. I finally figured out what happened, decades of corrupt government. The boiling frogs we are.

Last edited:
So you admit he did politicize the virus.

Of course not... He's been accused of KILLING AMERICANS every morning on Morning Joe... That shit needs a response.. And as much as Trump is troll -- THE MEDIA needs a boot up their ass every morning apparently to act like adults...
Well he did kill americans. Are you saying that his lack of action affected no one? All he needed to do is start the process when he was first briefed by intelligence instead of listening to the WHO and China.

Aint the topic of THIS thread... Go pull that stunt in one of the TDS APPROVED threads...

Let's stick to the OPost...

Stay healthy if you can.

JO

OK boomer

Shut the fuck up and die
Youre obviously not worried about poor americans. They are the ones getting hit the hardest. They are the ones with underlying conditions due to inadequate health care. So you claim to be a progressive but you think like these dumbasses that say let the virus kill who it may while we go to work? No I wont shut up and yes I will die when its my time.

So you think poor people are better off losing 5% of GDP, their jobs, and more likely than not no unemployment check. Because a few thousand of them might die? We're a nation of 320 million

Yes just like people die so we can go faster on the highway, people will have to die so we can stay open for flu season

Welcome to being an adult

Again you don't take care of poor people as a society, you have to let them work so they can stay afloat. You can't shut down everything on them, we do not have a social safety net that would make this quarantine in any way moral.

You are concerned for your own yuppie bullshit, not poor people. Fuck off you pretend progressive ****. You're not even a liberal. You want orwellian measures over the flu

I am a social liberal and an economic progressive, aka a classic fucking democrat. IDK what you are, but it isn't some champion of the poor.

Black people ain't in quarantine, that's why they're fucking dying. Would be nice if they didn't need to eat a massive loss in GDP while they're at it

2 ways out- a vaccine or herd immunity. Once it broke containment, those are options we had, and have.

They both suck, but stopping it isn't going to happen. I've been of that belief since late February....
Of course youre not going to stop it without a vaccine or immunity. However the spread could have been considerably slowed down if action had been taken earlier.

Probably, yes, and I'm sure we all wish a lot of things had gone differently across a range of countries and agencies, but that still puts us in the catch-22 we are now in. 18 months or more to a vaccine and little to no herd immunity, maybe 10% of the population, and we need to get to 60ish to stop it.
Thats assuming herd immunity works. From what I hear its closer to the cold than the flu. Its going to be a fucking disaster if it mutates and comes back in the fall.

Yes, true. It probably does come back in the fall, assuming it recedes at in the summer, which is also not a certainty. Hopefully we'll have better infrastructure in place at that point to test, track and trace cases to prevent it going haywire and overwhelming the medical system, but this thing is going to be a PITA for quite a while, maybe a year or two, assuming we can get it under control at all with a vaccine or drug treatment.

If not, the only thing that can change it is acquired immunity, which means we may see a couple of rounds of this before people's immune systems learn to fight it off effectively.

This may also be why we are seeing reports of people testing positive more than once. We're all like babies, our bodies seeing this pathogen for the very first time, so our bodies, in some cases, may need multiple exposures to learn how to fight it more effectively.

Whats really bad is how do you figure out if you just have cold or you have the virus? Someone like me, I will know instantly because I never get sick, so I will just assume I have it. Other people get sick when the seasons change. They really need to find a cure. Makes me wish I had chosen to be a doctor.

If not, the only thing that can change it is acquired immunity, which means we may see a couple of rounds of this before people's immune systems learn to fight it off effectively.

Whats really bad is how do you figure out if you just have cold or you have the virus? Someone like me, I will know instantly because I never get sick, so I will just assume I have it. Other people get sick when the seasons change. They really need to find a cure. Makes me wish I had chosen to be a doctor.

You could just have another one of the many other corona viruses

There is no way to tell

Stay healthy if you can.

JO

OK boomer

Shut the fuck up and die

So you think poor people are better off losing 5% of GDP, their jobs, and more likely than not no unemployment check. Because a few thousand of them might die? We're a nation of 320 million

Yes just like people die so we can go faster on the highway, people will have to die so we can stay open for flu season

Welcome to being an adult

Again you don't take care of poor people as a society, you have to let them work so they can stay afloat. You can't shut down everything on them, we do not have a social safety net that would make this quarantine in any way moral.

You are concerned for your own yuppie bullshit, not poor people. Fuck off you pretend progressive ****. You're not even a liberal. You want orwellian measures over the flu
So you think (and you are ok with it) only a few thousand will die and that those few thousand and their families prefer death over getting unemployment? What makes you think its just going to be a few thousand? You do realize there are more than a few thousand poor americans with underlying health issues right? What experience do you have with being poor? I grew up poor so I think I can speak better to their mindset than you.

Stay healthy if you can.

JO

OK boomer

Shut the fuck up and die

The irony of some yuppy **** with his head so far up his own ass he imagines this quartine is good for poor people....Just insanity. You have no right to tell the poor they can't work in a society where you don't take care of them.

I would love to get the country back to how it was when I was young, if you wanted to work, you could get a job or 2.

Housing used to cost 1 week's work or less, now it's 150-200% of that. I finally figured out what happened, decades of corrupt government. The boiling frogs we are.
Thats not true. Everybody is definitely not going down if the shut down lasts longer. Whats going to happen is things are going to change. People will find ways to work and work safely. For example I work from home one week and then I go in one week with PPE on. Its a pain in the ass but its better than dying or bringing something back and killing a parent or two.

Whats really bad is how do you figure out if you just have cold or you have the virus? Someone like me, I will know instantly because I never get sick, so I will just assume I have it.

If you listen to the WH briefings you'd know.. Symptoms for a cold and Covid differ GREATLY.. For covid -- not much nasal discharge if at ALL.. Also a spiky fever that isn't a feature of a cold. And a SEVERE sore throat or headaches...

There's a chart in most doctor's offices showing diff between colds and flus..

Whats really bad is how do you figure out if you just have cold or you have the virus? Someone like me, I will know instantly because I never get sick, so I will just assume I have it.

If you listen to the WH briefings you'd know.. Symptoms for a cold and Covid differ GREATLY.. For covid -- not much nasal discharge if at ALL.. Also a spiky fever that isn't a feature of a cold. And a SEVERE sore throat or headaches...

I cant stand listening to the bullshit that predominates the briefings. I don't want to hear a campaign rally. I want to hear facts. I don't want to hear half baked assumptions and transparently false positivity. I want to hear facts. I dont want to hear how beautiful the tests are. I want to know specifically when they will be available. If I want to listen to some bullshit I can go to my local used car dealer for that.

Stay healthy if you can.

JO

OK boomer

Shut the fuck up and die

Thats not true. Everybody is definitely not going down if the shut down lasts longer. Whats going to happen is things are going to change. People will find ways to work and work safely. For example I work from home one week and then I go in one week with PPE on. Its a pain in the ass but its better than dying or bringing something back and killing a parent or two.

Now NOT EVERYBODY.. But close to about 1/3 of the currently employed will be gone or furloughed and if you THINK that's not gonna affect the REMAINING businesses -- you're deluded.

When commercial real estate starts to crash FIRST -- the whole thing comes tumbling down..

I cant stand listening to the bullshit that predominates the briefings. I don't want to hear a campaign rally. I want to hear facts. I don't want to hear half baked assumptions and transparently false positivity. I want to hear facts. I dont want to hear how beautiful the tests are. I want to know specifically when they will be available. If I want to listen to some bullshit I can go to my local used car dealer for that.

Then you're NOT listening to the CDC/NIH/SurgGen briefings and it's your ignorance to be proud of..

Stay healthy if you can.

JO

OK boomer

Shut the fuck up and die

Now NOT EVERYBODY.. But close to about 1/3 of the currently employed will be gone or furloughed and if you THINK that's not gonna affect the REMAINING businesses -- you're deluded.

When commercial real estate starts to crash FIRST -- the whole thing comes tumbling down..
It will cascade in unforeseen ways. :(

Municipalities are going to have to lower taxes/cut some workers.
Well, maybe have to be forced to.

It's about to get real here in another week or 2.

Stay healthy if you can.

JO

OK boomer

Shut the fuck up and die

So your plan is to kill off 1/3 of currently employed and you think that will be better?

Then you're NOT listening to the CDC/NIH/SurgGen briefings and it's your ignorance to be proud of..
I only listen to the doctors. However, as soon as I hear Drumpf my eyes glaze over and I turn the channel so I end up missing some things.

Stay healthy if you can.

JO

OK boomer

Shut the fuck up and die

It will cascade in unforeseen ways. :(

The STATES -- especially the BIG BLUE ones are looking right into BANKRUPTCY RIGHT NOW from bleeding tax revenue and having a shaky bond rating/financials to START with.... It's gonna be more of an EXPLOSION than a cascade if we wait too long..

Everyone seems to know this but Asclep...

I only listen to the doctors. However, as soon as I hear Drumpf my eyes glaze over and I turn the channel so I end up missing some things.

The LEAD SPOKEPEOPLE at those briefings ARE the doctors in charge of NIH/CDC/FEMA and the f'ing surgeon general... It's no wonder you're so behind on what's being done..

Forum List

Back