Here is my question to Senate Repubs

They claim quid pro quo's are illegal, except when Biden and Hussein used them.
Any comparison between the attempted extortion of Ukraine to elicit a personal political favor for Don for which he alone would benefit and the US (as well as EU members and the IMF) seeking the removal of a corrupt prosecutor in Ukraine to combat corruption there is specious.

What personal gain did Trump get? Please show me this personal gain of yours.
The solicitation of an investigation in to the Biden's is in itself a crime even if it was not delivered, just as attempted robbery is a crime even if it is not successful.

Wrong. A President has every right to ask a leader of another country if any of our representatives or agencies have committed crimes in their country. There is no law against that.
Except you and I both know that's not what he was doing.

It should also be noted that when Mike Pompeo was heading up one of the Benghazi Inquiries, he demanded tens of thousands of documents from the State Department, and then castigated Hillary Clinton's State Department for not producing the documents fast enough, and threatened to charge the Obama Administration with Obstruction of Congress, because they took too long.

Pompeo's State Department has refused to turn over a single document and has tried to block staff from testifying.
No doubt the hypocrisy of Repubs is just stunning. There are no shortage of examples from Pompeo, Graham, Gowdy, Jordan, etc.
There's going to be a ruling on the McGahn case on Monday. I don't see how the court can rule he will not be compelled to testify unless the decision is left to Trump appointees. Once the ruling is made it gives the obstruction charge even more substantive legal backing. It is not disputable that Trump has obstructed a fully authorized impeachment inquiry...........just as Nixon did. It only takes one count of the articles of impeachment to pass to remove the prez. I don't see how the Repubs can vote against the charge of obstruction without twisting themselves in knots.

The Democrats will never see 67 Senate votes on this matter.
I tend to agree. My question is what mechanism will Repubs use for not voting for the article regarding obstruction? Whether they feel the extortion of Ukraine merits impeachment or not Don is guilty of obstruction........it's a black and white distinction.

1 no evidence
2 the witnesses said "no quid pro quo"
3 the Ukrain president said to pressure
Weeks worth of evidence
Everybody said "quid pro quo".
Ukrainian president needed his military aid.

Members of the POT (party of Trump) and their right wing media cohorts are free to express their opinion that the impeachment inquiry is a sham. But those allegations don't change the constitutional authority given to the House committees to lawfully conduct it. So riddle me this.
We know for an absolute certainty Trump has obstructed the inquiry by refusing to release requested documents and by ordering that subpoenaed witnesses not testify. Therefore, we know one of the articles of impeachment will include a charge of obstruction.
Senate Repubs can disingenuously claim the extortion of Ukraine does not, in their minds, rise to the level of an impeachable offense. But how will they get around the fact Trump has obstructed the inquiry?

As an aside, it should be noted the Trump admin may open itself up to the commission of another impeachable offense. The hypocritical Trump lackey known as Lindsey Graham has requested from the State Dept. documents pertaining to Joe Biden's activities with respect to the US government's demands the corrupt prosecutor Shokin be removed from office because he refused to prosecute cases of corruption in Ukraine. If the admin acquiesces to this request while blocking the release of documents sought by the House Intel Committee in the course of its impeachment inquiry it runs the risk of being charged with selectively releasing documents for investigations it favors. Representing yet another abuse of power.
We know with certainty that Trump exercised Executive Privilege (not a crime) and that he was following precedent set by the prior Administration with regard to subpoenaed documents.

The Senate, having watched the impeachment by innuendo and opinion, will rightly conclude that there is no crime, will acquit, and then maybe we can get on with the rest of our lives.

Don't you believe it. Do you really think the commies are going to stop here? Did they stop after Kavanugh? Did they stop after no Russian collusion found?

What we have here is a party of anti-Americans who believe they own this country, no ifs, ands, or buts about it. The American people had no right to vote in Trump, because we didn't have their permission. And when he wins reelection, we won't have their permission for that either.

So what we are looking at here is a prelude to Trump's second term unless they are totally wiped out in the House.

It should also be noted that when Mike Pompeo was heading up one of the Benghazi Inquiries, he demanded tens of thousands of documents from the State Department, and then castigated Hillary Clinton's State Department for not producing the documents fast enough, and threatened to charge the Obama Administration with Obstruction of Congress, because they took too long.

Pompeo's State Department has refused to turn over a single document and has tried to block staff from testifying.
No doubt the hypocrisy of Repubs is just stunning. There are no shortage of examples from Pompeo, Graham, Gowdy, Jordan, etc.
There's going to be a ruling on the McGahn case on Monday. I don't see how the court can rule he will not be compelled to testify unless the decision is left to Trump appointees. Once the ruling is made it gives the obstruction charge even more substantive legal backing. It is not disputable that Trump has obstructed a fully authorized impeachment inquiry...........just as Nixon did. It only takes one count of the articles of impeachment to pass to remove the prez. I don't see how the Repubs can vote against the charge of obstruction without twisting themselves in knots.

I tend to agree. My question is what mechanism will Repubs use for not voting for the article regarding obstruction? Whether they feel the extortion of Ukraine merits impeachment or not Don is guilty of obstruction........it's a black and white distinction.

1 no evidence
Weeks worth of evidence
Lies.

Members of the POT (party of Trump) and their right wing media cohorts are free to express their opinion that the impeachment inquiry is a sham. But those allegations don't change the constitutional authority given to the House committees to lawfully conduct it. So riddle me this.
We know for an absolute certainty Trump has obstructed the inquiry by refusing to release requested documents and by ordering that subpoenaed witnesses not testify. Therefore, we know one of the articles of impeachment will include a charge of obstruction.
Senate Repubs can disingenuously claim the extortion of Ukraine does not, in their minds, rise to the level of an impeachable offense. But how will they get around the fact Trump has obstructed the inquiry?

As an aside, it should be noted the Trump admin may open itself up to the commission of another impeachable offense. The hypocritical Trump lackey known as Lindsey Graham has requested from the State Dept. documents pertaining to Joe Biden's activities with respect to the US government's demands the corrupt prosecutor Shokin be removed from office because he refused to prosecute cases of corruption in Ukraine. If the admin acquiesces to this request while blocking the release of documents sought by the House Intel Committee in the course of its impeachment inquiry it runs the risk of being charged with selectively releasing documents for investigations it favors. Representing yet another abuse of power.

"Obstruction of Congress" is neither a High Crime nor a Misdemeanor.

Congress can conduct what it wants, but they aren't constitutionally entitled under Penalty of Impeachment to the President's documents or testimony.

If they disagree, and think they are entitled, their relief is to go through the court system
That is utterly and completely wrong.

1 no evidence
Weeks worth of evidence
Lies.
Facts.

It's ok though, I know you tRumplings can't tell the difference

They claim quid pro quo's are illegal, except when Biden and Hussein used them.
Any comparison between the attempted extortion of Ukraine to elicit a personal political favor for Don for which he alone would benefit and the US (as well as EU members and the IMF) seeking the removal of a corrupt prosecutor in Ukraine to combat corruption there is specious.

The solicitation of an investigation in to the Biden's is in itself a crime even if it was not delivered, just as attempted robbery is a crime even if it is not successful.

Wrong. A President has every right to ask a leader of another country if any of our representatives or agencies have committed crimes in their country. There is no law against that.

That's exactly what he did, and we have the transcript to prove it.

You can't charge a President with obstruction when he exercises his Executive Privilege outlined in the Constitution. The commies in the House do not run the entire government, and get what they want by demands.
Executive privilege doesn't apply to hiding crimes.

Nobody is hiding anything. Show me where anybody in the Trump administration demonstrated criminal activity.

All you have to do is to read the Trump's "transcript" of the call. The "ask" is the crime. The other crimes were committed by staffers like Sondland, Morrison and Volker who tried to implement the extortion at the President's behest.

So please show me the law against a President asking a leader of another country to look into possible wrongdoings of our representatives.
Lol, the republicans are WAAAY past that point kiddo. These last few days they've been admitting he did it, and even admitting it's wrong. Their new line is it's not an impeachable crime.

You funny mans.

It's well within Trump's authority to request aid with an investigation. Biden himself had a hand in the treaty.

Text - Treaty Document 106-16 - Treaty with Ukraine on Mutual Legal Assistance in Criminal Matters

You can't charge a President with obstruction when he exercises his Executive Privilege outlined in the Constitution. The commies in the House do not run the entire government, and get what they want by demands.

Nobody is hiding anything. Show me where anybody in the Trump administration demonstrated criminal activity.

All you have to do is to read the Trump's "transcript" of the call. The "ask" is the crime. The other crimes were committed by staffers like Sondland, Morrison and Volker who tried to implement the extortion at the President's behest.

So please show me the law against a President asking a leader of another country to look into possible wrongdoings of our representatives.
Lol, the republicans are WAAAY past that point kiddo. These last few days they've been admitting he did it, and even admitting it's wrong. Their new line is it's not an impeachable crime.
Correct.

And of course abuse of power is an impeachable offense, an offense that merits Trump’s removal from office.

We know with certainty that Trump exercised Executive Privilege (not a crime) and that he was following precedent set by the prior Administration with regard to subpoenaed documents.

The Senate, having watched the impeachment by innuendo and opinion, will rightly conclude that there is no crime, will acquit, and then maybe we can get on with the rest of our lives.

Don't you believe it. Do you really think the commies are going to stop here? Did they stop after Kavanugh? Did they stop after no Russian collusion found?

What we have here is a party of anti-Americans who believe they own this country, no ifs, ands, or buts about it. The American people had no right to vote in Trump, because we didn't have their permission. And when he wins reelection, we won't have their permission for that either.

So what we are looking at here is a prelude to Trump's second term unless they are totally wiped out in the House.
Stop? No, they won't stop. However, there may come a respite in which the media actually has to focus on what is going on in the country before they get back to interfereing with the 2020 election.

I'm also kind of hoping that Barr will have enough evidence to start charging some of these Democrats and that too should at least slow down their attempts at overthrowing our Republic.

"Obstruction of Congress" is neither a High Crime nor a Misdemeanor.

Congress can conduct what it wants, but they aren't constitutionally entitled under Penalty of Impeachment to the President's documents or testimony.

If they disagree, and think they are entitled, their relief is to go through the court system
That is utterly and completely wrong.

Of course I'm right.

Congress is not superior to the Presidency, and they can't force the President to act against his interests.

If Congress disagrees, they should bring it to the court.

Of course , the real dispute here is between the President and the bureaucracy aka Deep State.

The President is in charge, but the Deep Staters don't like the fact that Trump is draining the swamp and implementing the People's will.

Correct.

And of course abuse of power is an impeachable offense, an offense that merits Trump’s removal from office.

Exercising one's rights, powers and duty as our lawfully crowned President isn't "abuse" of anything.

You funny mans.

It's well within Trump's authority to request aid with an investigation. Biden himself had a hand in the treaty.

Text - Treaty Document 106-16 - Treaty with Ukraine on Mutual Legal Assistance in Criminal Matters

There are no criminal matters to be investigated. Only Russian conspiracy theories.

They are correct. Their opinion is not a crime. Ambassadors don't set policy. They work at the pleasure of the President, not the other way around. Now tell me one witness that said they heard Trump order a quid pro quo.

You funny mans.

There are no criminal matters to be investigated. Only Russian conspiracy theories.

:auiqs.jpg:

1 no evidence
Weeks worth of evidence
Lies.
Not so. It's okay though. I know your tRumpkins can't tell the difference.

That's exactly what he did, and we have the transcript to prove it.
Only if your head is so far up tRump's ass you can't see to read.

Stop? No, they won't stop. However, there may come a respite in which the media actually has to focus on what is going on in the country before they get back to interfereing with the 2020 election.

I'm also kind of hoping that Barr will have enough evidence to start charging some of these Democrats and that too should at least slow down their attempts at overthrowing our Republic.

I thought that would be after the holidays, but they already have that one FBI agent. I'm hoping that's the start of the domino effect.

You funny mans.

The phrase you seem unable to understand is "for personal benefit".

Look that up and get back to me.

Forum List

Back