Here is my question to Senate Repubs

Members of the POT (party of Trump) and their right wing media cohorts are free to express their opinion that the impeachment inquiry is a sham. But those allegations don't change the constitutional authority given to the House committees to lawfully conduct it. So riddle me this.
We know for an absolute certainty Trump has obstructed the inquiry by refusing to release requested documents and by ordering that subpoenaed witnesses not testify. Therefore, we know one of the articles of impeachment will include a charge of obstruction.
Senate Repubs can disingenuously claim the extortion of Ukraine does not, in their minds, rise to the level of an impeachable offense. But how will they get around the fact Trump has obstructed the inquiry?

As an aside, it should be noted the Trump admin may open itself up to the commission of another impeachable offense. The hypocritical Trump lackey known as Lindsey Graham has requested from the State Dept. documents pertaining to Joe Biden's activities with respect to the US government's demands the corrupt prosecutor Shokin be removed from office because he refused to prosecute cases of corruption in Ukraine. If the admin acquiesces to this request while blocking the release of documents sought by the House Intel Committee in the course of its impeachment inquiry it runs the risk of being charged with selectively releasing documents for investigations it favors. Representing yet another abuse of power.
We know with certainty that Trump exercised Executive Privilege (not a crime) and that he was following precedent set by the prior Administration with regard to subpoenaed documents.

The Senate, having watched the impeachment by innuendo and opinion, will rightly conclude that there is no crime, will acquit, and then maybe we can get on with the rest of our lives.

Don't you believe it. Do you really think the commies are going to stop here? Did they stop after Kavanugh? Did they stop after no Russian collusion found?

What we have here is a party of anti-Americans who believe they own this country, no ifs, ands, or buts about it. The American people had no right to vote in Trump, because we didn't have their permission. And when he wins reelection, we won't have their permission for that either.

So what we are looking at here is a prelude to Trump's second term unless they are totally wiped out in the House.
Stop? No, they won't stop. However, there may come a respite in which the media actually has to focus on what is going on in the country before they get back to interfereing with the 2020 election.

I'm also kind of hoping that Barr will have enough evidence to start charging some of these Democrats and that too should at least slow down their attempts at overthrowing our Republic.

Barr has no evidence to charge anyone. His investigations are a total bust because they're all based on Trump's lies about the 2016 election. The security services would have been negligent in their duty had they not investigated the Trump Campaign given all of the inappropriate behaviour and contacts with Russia that were going on.

The IG's report says "No anti-Trump bias" in the FBI, and other than a change on one FISA document which had no effect on the truth or validity of the document application, he found everything to be in order. Dunham's final report is expected to be more of the same.

Last but not least, foreign leaders the world over told Bill Barr and Donald Trump to go fuck themselves and dig up their own dirt. The rest of the world is laughing at this bullshit, while at the same time wondering how long you're prepared to let this buffoon have access to the nuclear codes.

What personal gain did Trump get? Please show me this personal gain of yours.
The solicitation of an investigation in to the Biden's is in itself a crime even if it was not delivered, just as attempted robbery is a crime even if it is not successful.

Wrong. A President has every right to ask a leader of another country if any of our representatives or agencies have committed crimes in their country. There is no law against that.
Except you and I both know that's not what he was doing.

That's exactly what he did, and we have the transcript to prove it.
Only if your head is so far up tRump's ass you can't see to read.

Not only do I read just fine, my comprehension is excellent. See, you liberals hear and see things that were never there. We Republicans don't do that. We see and hear things that are actually real.

The whole idea that Sleepy Joe as well as his ne'er-do-well son are somehow exempt from Investigations because Bite Me is a candidate for the Presidency is absurd.

Why doesn't Trump get the same exemption?

Further, it doesn't benefit Trump in the least for Biden to be under investigation in Ukraine or here. Libs will vote for Biden regardless.
In addition, its in Trump's best interest for the Dems to nominate Biden. Biden is Mentally Deficient, and Trump likes to compete against the Mentally Deficient.

Members of the POT (party of Trump) and their right wing media cohorts are free to express their opinion that the impeachment inquiry is a sham. But those allegations don't change the constitutional authority given to the House committees to lawfully conduct it. So riddle me this.
We know for an absolute certainty Trump has obstructed the inquiry by refusing to release requested documents and by ordering that subpoenaed witnesses not testify. Therefore, we know one of the articles of impeachment will include a charge of obstruction.
Senate Repubs can disingenuously claim the extortion of Ukraine does not, in their minds, rise to the level of an impeachable offense. But how will they get around the fact Trump has obstructed the inquiry?

As an aside, it should be noted the Trump admin may open itself up to the commission of another impeachable offense. The hypocritical Trump lackey known as Lindsey Graham has requested from the State Dept. documents pertaining to Joe Biden's activities with respect to the US government's demands the corrupt prosecutor Shokin be removed from office because he refused to prosecute cases of corruption in Ukraine. If the admin acquiesces to this request while blocking the release of documents sought by the House Intel Committee in the course of its impeachment inquiry it runs the risk of being charged with selectively releasing documents for investigations it favors. Representing yet another abuse of power.
We know with certainty that Trump exercised Executive Privilege (not a crime) and that he was following precedent set by the prior Administration with regard to subpoenaed documents.

The Senate, having watched the impeachment by innuendo and opinion, will rightly conclude that there is no crime, will acquit, and then maybe we can get on with the rest of our lives.

Don't you believe it. Do you really think the commies are going to stop here? Did they stop after Kavanugh? Did they stop after no Russian collusion found?

What we have here is a party of anti-Americans who believe they own this country, no ifs, ands, or buts about it. The American people had no right to vote in Trump, because we didn't have their permission. And when he wins reelection, we won't have their permission for that either.

So what we are looking at here is a prelude to Trump's second term unless they are totally wiped out in the House.
Stop? No, they won't stop. However, there may come a respite in which the media actually has to focus on what is going on in the country before they get back to interfereing with the 2020 election.

I'm also kind of hoping that Barr will have enough evidence to start charging some of these Democrats and that too should at least slow down their attempts at overthrowing our Republic.

Barr has no evidence to charge anyone. His investigations are a total bust because they're all based on Trump's lies about the 2016 election. The security services would have been negligent in their duty had they not investigated the Trump Campaign given all of the inappropriate behaviour and contacts with Russia that were going on.

The IG's report says "No anti-Trump bias" in the FBI, and other than a change on one FISA document which had no effect on the truth or validity of the document application, he found everything to be in order. Dunham's final report is expected to be more of the same.

Last but not least, foreign leaders the world over told Bill Barr and Donald Trump to go fuck themselves and dig up their own dirt. The rest of the world is laughing at this bullshit, while at the same time wondering how long you're prepared to let this buffoon have access to the nuclear codes.

Durham's investigation only turned criminal a few weeks ago. That means he has something, and likely something pretty good.

"Obstruction of Congress" is neither a High Crime nor a Misdemeanor.

Congress can conduct what it wants, but they aren't constitutionally entitled under Penalty of Impeachment to the President's documents or testimony.

If they disagree, and think they are entitled, their relief is to go through the court system
That is utterly and completely wrong.

Of course I'm right.

Congress is not superior to the Presidency, and they can't force the President to act against his interests.

If Congress disagrees, they should bring it to the court.

Of course , the real dispute here is between the President and the bureaucracy aka Deep State.

The President is in charge, but the Deep Staters don't like the fact that Trump is draining the swamp and implementing the People's will.
The deep state is a conservitard fantasy.

Google "separate but equal" and "oversight".

Nobody is hiding anything. Show me where anybody in the Trump administration demonstrated criminal activity.

All you have to do is to read the Trump's "transcript" of the call. The "ask" is the crime. The other crimes were committed by staffers like Sondland, Morrison and Volker who tried to implement the extortion at the President's behest.

So please show me the law against a President asking a leader of another country to look into possible wrongdoings of our representatives.
Lol, the republicans are WAAAY past that point kiddo. These last few days they've been admitting he did it, and even admitting it's wrong. Their new line is it's not an impeachable crime.
Correct.

And of course abuse of power is an impeachable offense, an offense that merits Trump’s removal from office.

Exercising one's rights, powers and duty as our lawfully crowned President isn't "abuse" of anything.
You betray your inability to comprehend American government in one word.

Can you tell me what that word is?

You can't charge a President with obstruction when he exercises his Executive Privilege outlined in the Constitution. The commies in the House do not run the entire government, and get what they want by demands.

Trump doesn't have "executive privilege" as a blanket defence. The Constitution mandates oversight, and it also mandates that the Executive Branch must submit to Congressional oversight. Trump doesn't get to decide that his decisions can't be questioned. He is not an absolute ruler.

Trump runs the executive branch of government. Through the separation of powers, he has the exclusive right to keep executive matters out of the public eye, and yes, even Congress. Piglosi won't even bother taking this to court, and in public, admitted as such. She would have no case.

Congress does have oversight, but they do not have the right to invade and reveal executive matters.
Nope.

"The term executive privilege was not used until the 1950s. The doctrine’s contours were unclear until a 1974 Supreme Court ruling. In the case U.S. v. Nixon, President Richard Nixon was ordered to deliver tapes and other subpoenaed materials to a federal judge for review. The justices ruled 9-0 that a president’s right to privacy in his communications must be balanced against the authority of Congress to investigate and oversee the executive branch.

The U.S. v. Nixon ruling is also widely understood to mean that executive privilege cannot be used to cover up wrongdoing.
That view was endorsed by current U.S. Attorney General William Barr during his Senate confirmation hearing."
Explainer: Can Trump use executive privilege to block congressional probes?
Wonder why didn't Nixon just destroy the tapes? Hillary got away with it.

Executive privilege doesn't apply to hiding crimes.

Nobody is hiding anything. Show me where anybody in the Trump administration demonstrated criminal activity.

All you have to do is to read the Trump's "transcript" of the call. The "ask" is the crime. The other crimes were committed by staffers like Sondland, Morrison and Volker who tried to implement the extortion at the President's behest.

So please show me the law against a President asking a leader of another country to look into possible wrongdoings of our representatives.
Lol, the republicans are WAAAY past that point kiddo. These last few days they've been admitting he did it, and even admitting it's wrong. Their new line is it's not an impeachable crime.

They are correct. Their opinion is not a crime. Ambassadors don't set policy. They work at the pleasure of the President, not the other way around. Now tell me one witness that said they heard Trump order a quid pro quo.
Do you really think anyone sets up a quid pro quo and calls it a quid pro quo?

Executive privilege doesn't apply to hiding crimes.

They are correct. Their opinion is not a crime. Ambassadors don't set policy. They work at the pleasure of the President, not the other way around. Now tell me one witness that said they heard Trump order a quid pro quo.

The quid pro quo is in the telephone call. It's also in Mulvaney's confession and Sondland's confession.

Trump saying "no quid pro quo" doesn't mean it's true just as there was collusion, and obstruction as set out in the Mueller Report, even though Trump said "no collusion, no obstruction". Repeatedly.

The whole idea that Sleepy Joe as well as his ne'er-do-well son are somehow exempt from Investigations because Bite Me is a candidate for the Presidency is absurd.

Further, it doesn't benefit Trump in the least for Biden to be under investigation in Ukraine or here. Libs will vote for Biden regardless.
In addition, its in Trump's best interest for the Dems to nominate Biden. Biden is Mentally Deficient, and Trump likes to compete against the Mentally Deficient.

Slow Joe can't go one week without making a fool out of himself. Last debate he said he had the support of the only African American female Senator. Problem was, Harris was standing right next to him when he said it.

... foreign leaders the world over told Bill Barr and Donald Trump to go fuck themselves and dig up their own dirt. The rest of the world is laughing at this bullshit, while at the same time wondering how long you're prepared to let this buffoon have access to the nuclear codes.

Those leaders need to be told to cooperate or risk having all form of aid and assistance stopped and increasing the potential that nuclear button pushed on them

You funny mans.

It's well within Trump's authority to request aid with an investigation. Biden himself had a hand in the treaty.

Text - Treaty Document 106-16 - Treaty with Ukraine on Mutual Legal Assistance in Criminal Matters
The phrase you seem unable to understand is "for personal benefit".

Look that up and get back to me.

Good luck in the Senate. :auiqs.jpg:

So what was the question?

There have been actual convictions of people in Ukraine on charges of trying to rig the American elections through collusion.

The quid pro quo is in the telephone call. It's also in Mulvaney's confession and Sondland's confession.

Trump saying "no quid pro quo" doesn't mean it's true just as there was collusion, and obstruction as set out in the Mueller Report, even though Trump said "no collusion, no obstruction". Repeatedly.

It's what Trump said that matters, not anybody else. I have no idea where you people figure that opinions others have amount to an impeachable offense. Now show me this quid pro quo in the transcript of that phone call. Show me where Trump told Zelensky that US aid was based on how he conducts himself with an investigation.

I thought that would be after the holidays, but they already have that one FBI agent. I'm hoping that's the start of the domino effect.

That have an FBI agent who made an error on a document. The error was of no consequence and no charges will be filed. Especially after the courts took Barr to task and the Grand Jury refused to indict Andrew McCabe.

These attempts to indict law enforcement officers for doing their jobs is the sort of thing Republicans used to say was going too far. Trump has fired everyone who had a part in leading these investigations except Rod Rosenstein, and that was a near thing.

Slow Joe can't go one week without making a fool out of himself. Last debate he said he had the support of the only African American female Senator. Problem was, Harris was standing right next to him when he said it.

Maybe Biden is just faking stupidity and pandering to the Tardo-American community?

Mulvaney and Sondland confessed to crimes??? When are they going to be sentenced and sent to prison???

Forum List

Back