Here is my question to Senate Repubs

All you have to do is to read the Trump's "transcript" of the call. The "ask" is the crime. The other crimes were committed by staffers like Sondland, Morrison and Volker who tried to implement the extortion at the President's behest.

So please show me the law against a President asking a leader of another country to look into possible wrongdoings of our representatives.
Lol, the republicans are WAAAY past that point kiddo. These last few days they've been admitting he did it, and even admitting it's wrong. Their new line is it's not an impeachable crime.

You funny mans.

It's well within Trump's authority to request aid with an investigation. Biden himself had a hand in the treaty.

Text - Treaty Document 106-16 - Treaty with Ukraine on Mutual Legal Assistance in Criminal Matters
The phrase you seem unable to understand is "for personal benefit".

Look that up and get back to me.

Good luck in the Senate. :auiqs.jpg:

99 percent of the demrat case is hearsay, opinion and hot air. None of which will make it to the senate floor. What most of the so called witnesses said in hearings and what being reported by so called press are two different tales.

99 percent of the demrat case is hearsay, opinion and hot air. None of which will make it to the senate floor. What most of the so called witnesses said in hearings and what being reported by so called press are two different tales.
Which is why Trump rightly said the media was the enemy of the people.

So please show me the law against a President asking a leader of another country to look into possible wrongdoings of our representatives.
Lol, the republicans are WAAAY past that point kiddo. These last few days they've been admitting he did it, and even admitting it's wrong. Their new line is it's not an impeachable crime.

You funny mans.

It's well within Trump's authority to request aid with an investigation. Biden himself had a hand in the treaty.

Text - Treaty Document 106-16 - Treaty with Ukraine on Mutual Legal Assistance in Criminal Matters

During any Senate trial, Adam Schiff will definitely be called to testify along with both the junior and senior Bidens, Comey, Mueller, McCabe. The constitution guarantees the right of the accused to call witnesses . President Trump's lawyer, Mr. Giuliani, successfully took down the 5 families of the La Cosa Nostra , I don't see the Dems and the Deep State as being that difficult.

conservatives who think Trump is our savior need to wake up. he is actually a threat to the survival of the GOP, my friends! those cheering him on are unknowingly nailing coffins to the GOP.

to put a finer point on it, Trump's lack of leadership will be what's remembered in history, not his "owning of the libs"...every American should pay attention. this is an assault on democracy!

"Power always thinks it has a great soul and vast views beyond the comprehension of the weak; and that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws." - John Quincy Adams

Members of the POT (party of Trump) and their right wing media cohorts are free to express their opinion that the impeachment inquiry is a sham. But those allegations don't change the constitutional authority given to the House committees to lawfully conduct it. So riddle me this.
We know for an absolute certainty Trump has obstructed the inquiry by refusing to release requested documents and by ordering that subpoenaed witnesses not testify. Therefore, we know one of the articles of impeachment will include a charge of obstruction.
Senate Repubs can disingenuously claim the extortion of Ukraine does not, in their minds, rise to the level of an impeachable offense. But how will they get around the fact Trump has obstructed the inquiry?

As an aside, it should be noted the Trump admin may open itself up to the commission of another impeachable offense. The hypocritical Trump lackey known as Lindsey Graham has requested from the State Dept. documents pertaining to Joe Biden's activities with respect to the US government's demands the corrupt prosecutor Shokin be removed from office because he refused to prosecute cases of corruption in Ukraine. If the admin acquiesces to this request while blocking the release of documents sought by the House Intel Committee in the course of its impeachment inquiry it runs the risk of being charged with selectively releasing documents for investigations it favors. Representing yet another abuse of power.
We know with certainty that Trump exercised Executive Privilege (not a crime) and that he was following precedent set by the prior Administration with regard to subpoenaed documents.

The Senate, having watched the impeachment by innuendo and opinion, will rightly conclude that there is no crime, will acquit, and then maybe we can get on with the rest of our lives.

Don't you believe it. Do you really think the commies are going to stop here? Did they stop after Kavanugh? Did they stop after no Russian collusion found?

What we have here is a party of anti-Americans who believe they own this country, no ifs, ands, or buts about it. The American people had no right to vote in Trump, because we didn't have their permission. And when he wins reelection, we won't have their permission for that either.

So what we are looking at here is a prelude to Trump's second term unless they are totally wiped out in the House.
Stop? No, they won't stop. However, there may come a respite in which the media actually has to focus on what is going on in the country before they get back to interfereing with the 2020 election.

I'm also kind of hoping that Barr will have enough evidence to start charging some of these Democrats and that too should at least slow down their attempts at overthrowing our Republic.

I thought that would be after the holidays, but they already have that one FBI agent. I'm hoping that's the start of the domino effect.

That have an FBI agent who made an error on a document. The error was of no consequence and no charges will be filed. Especially after the courts took Barr to task and the Grand Jury refused to indict Andrew McCabe.

These attempts to indict law enforcement officers for doing their jobs is the sort of thing Republicans used to say was going too far. Trump has fired everyone who had a part in leading these investigations except Rod Rosenstein, and that was a near thing.

That's not what I read, and what I read was the MSM. Their reporting was not a writing error, their reporting stated the FBI agent "changed" the document.

You funny mans.

During any Senate trial, Adam Schiff will definitely be called to testify along with both the junior and senior Bidens, Comey, Mueller, McCabe. The constitution guarantees the right of the accused to call witnesses . President Trump's lawyer, Mr. Giuliani, successfully took down the 5 families of the La Cosa Nostra , I don't see the Dems and the Deep State as being that difficult.

That's what we all thought. But I was watching the Laura show yesterday, and they stated that's not going to happen. Go to 13:00 minute line on the video.

insolito

conservatives who think Trump is our savior need to wake up. he is actually a threat to the survival of the GOP, my friends! those cheering him on are unknowingly nailing coffins to the GOP.

I most humbly disagree. I just don't see any other candidate who can lead the GOP to victory and vanquish the Dems in 2020, except for Donald J. Trump.

If the D's were to get in, their plans including open borders, packing the courts, destruction of "hate" radio (because they hate it), etc., would mean that there will be no second chance IMHO.

I most humbly disagree. I just don't see any other candidate who can lead the GOP to victory and vanquish the Dems in 2020, except for Donald J. Trump.

If the D's were to get in, their plans including open borders, packing the courts, destruction of "hate" radio (because they hate it), etc., would mean that there will be no second chance IMHO.
Chris Christie, Scott Walker, Marco Rubian, Ted Cruz, Mike Huckabee, Rand Paul, Paul Ryan, Nikki Haley...Omarosa!

deep bench!

to put a finer point on it, Trump's lack of leadership will be what's remembered in history, not his "owning of the libs"...every American should pay attention. this is an assault on democracy!

1. Good. The GOP has no. More value than the Democrats. The GOP has become a Centrist organization with zero Conservative credentials to its name. It needs to go and be replaced by a truly Conservative alternative.

2. Not all of us believe in Democracy or the Republic system.

Trump saved the GOP and hopefully he can save America.

brothers and sisters: Let’s have an independent commission look at what the Russians did, just as we had after the Sept. 11 attacks.

THAT'S HOW YOU SAVE AMERICA!

You funny mans.

That is an outdated talking point dismantled by the testimony given during the Intel Committee hearings. It's origins are found in the efforts to discredit the whistleblower complaint. But the info contained in the complaint has been fully corroborated. We know what happened, when it happened, who was involved in what happened, and who knew about what happened.
However, there is more first hand testimony that could be given were it not for the Obstructionist-in-Chief's refusal to allow people like Bolton to testify. Which is why your erroneous assertion has more than a tinge of irony in it. The right wing complains about a lack of first hand accounts of events while the Orange Turd prevents them from being given.

brothers and sisters: Let’s have an independent commission look at what the Russians did, just as we had after the Sept. 11 attacks.

THAT'S HOW YOU SAVE AMERICA!
Why? We know what Russia did..........and what Ukraine did not do.

It should also be noted that when Mike Pompeo was heading up one of the Benghazi Inquiries, he demanded tens of thousands of documents from the State Department, and then castigated Hillary Clinton's State Department for not producing the documents fast enough, and threatened to charge the Obama Administration with Obstruction of Congress, because they took too long.

Pompeo's State Department has refused to turn over a single document and has tried to block staff from testifying.
No doubt the hypocrisy of Repubs is just stunning. There are no shortage of examples from Pompeo, Graham, Gowdy, Jordan, etc.
There's going to be a ruling on the McGahn case on Monday. I don't see how the court can rule he will not be compelled to testify unless the decision is left to Trump appointees. Once the ruling is made it gives the obstruction charge even more substantive legal backing. It is not disputable that Trump has obstructed a fully authorized impeachment inquiry...........just as Nixon did. It only takes one count of the articles of impeachment to pass to remove the prez. I don't see how the Repubs can vote against the charge of obstruction without twisting themselves in knots.
/—-/ Trump obstructed nothing. And it’s just an inquiry. Piglosi needs to have a vote. Now stfu with your fake outrage.

You funny mans.

That is an outdated talking point dismantled by the testimony given during the Intel Committee hearings. It's origins are found in the efforts to discredit the whistleblower complaint. But the info contained in the complaint has been fully corroborated. We know what happened, when it happened, who was involved in what happened, and who knew about what happened.
However, there is more first hand testimony that could be given were it not for the Obstructionist-in-Chief's refusal to allow people like Bolton to testify. Which is why your erroneous assertion has more than a tinge of irony in it. The right wing complains about a lack of first hand accounts of events while the Orange Turd prevents them from being given.
/—-/ Read the transcript. It blows Shytface‘a narrative out of the water.

Trump saved the GOP? How? By turning it in to a party that has tried to substitute unfounded conspiracy theories for a counter factual argument? I'll say this for Trump. Not all the blame for what has happened is his alone. His election would never have been possible if not for the 24/7 bombardment of disinformation coming from Faux Noise for the last 2+ decades.

/—-/ Trump obstructed nothing.
You are free to hold whatever opinion of the impeachment inquiry you desire. But it is an undeniable fact he impeded and therefore obstructed the investigation by blocking witness testimony and document production.

Trump saved the GOP? How? By turning it in to a party that has tried to substitute unfounded conspiracy theories for a counter factual argument? I'll say this for Trump. Not all the blame for what has happened is his alone. His election would never have been possible if not for the 24/7 bombardment of disinformation coming from Faux Noise for the last 2+ decades.
/—-/ So the rest of the news media was helpless against big bad Fox. Bwhahahaha Bwhahahaha BTW, Fox is turning left. Try and pay attention.

/—-/ Trump obstructed nothing.
You are free to hold whatever opinion of the impeachment inquiry you desire. But it is an undeniable fact he impeded and therefore obstructed the investigation by blocking witness testimony and document production.
/—-/ And Trump has no obligation to cooperate in Shytface’s kangaroo court.

Forum List

Back