Here's a tip: Don't

Because she has to grovel like some homeless person on the street.

Never seen one grovel. Never seen one ask for a tip. Never seen one hold a gun to a customers head.

Where do you get this information?

What happens if you refuse to tip because you don't believe in it, and then return to the establishment?

I don't know, I don't go to McDonalds that often.

Here in America, it's simply not that way. I wish it was! But it's not.

It's not, because people are no longer held to that standard. If they were, people would get the idea (again) quickly enough.

But if you think you can eliminate that system, and have Japan quality service, you are wrong and crazy. You can't watch every single server, and monitor all service. You can't make sure people get the highest quality service at all times. Not possible.

Of course it's possible. Service used to be much better here and it could be again easily enough.

For most managers, the best solution is the tipping system.

Again, part of the problem with this stupid system is that it expects the customer to do the owner's job for him. If I'm your customer, leave me out of your managerial responsibilities.

Look at the nincompoops in this thread that preach about wanting to pay more for their meal so they don't have to tip ... And the management can pay higher wages.

It isn't the people who have worked for tips … Because people like me know you can make a hell of a lot more money from tips than from wages.
It is people who want to take the opportunity away from those who perform better to be compensated better than their counterparts.
I mean face it … Whether a tip or an increased price … It is the same money with the exception of who you give it to and exactly how much you decide to tip.

If you don't like the tipping … Don't tip … But certainly don't screw it up for the people who give good service and get rewarded for their efforts because you want to support redistribution through wages rather than effort and talent.

^^^^^^this^^^^^^^^^

Your concerns have been totally and completely answered

As they say in Hollywood, This one is a wrap.

Goodnight everybody

Tipping shouldn't be mandatory. However, if there exists a pattern of some waiter or waitress being stiffed by certain customers, it is entirely likely that that worker will not try his or her hardest to give the best service possible. If I were a waiter: When I know my hard work is usually rewarded with generous tips, I give it my all. If someone is very stingy and does not appreciate good service, my desire to give that person my very best service is diminished.

The risks of voluntary tipping involve the worker being stiffed, and/or the customer not being fully served.

An establishment offering crap service should go out of business.

Have you ever managed anything?

Yes I have. Thanks for asking.

Why ask?

Unk has managed to make himself look like a tightwad, incapable of easily accomplishing grade school level math and boring the members who posted here.

The transponders of this thread were shut down hours ago and it's sinking somewhere in the Indian Ocean southwest of Australia.

Facts is facts folks.

Outta here

Have you ever managed anything?

Why ask?

Unk has managed to make himself look like a tightwad, incapable of easily accomplishing grade school level math and boring the members who posted here.

That's you being dishonest - AGAIN. You ran out of anything to say long ago. You have just been whining, contradicting yourself, attempting to portray me dishonestly, and generally stomping your feet for at least ten pages now. Long past time for you to run away. Go work on some new material.

Last edited:

Why ask?

That's you being dishonest - AGAIN. You ran out of anything to say long ago. You have just been whining, contradicting yourself, attempting to portray me dishonestly, and generally stomping your feet for at least ten pages now. Long past time for you to run away. Go work on some new material.

Is that how a ninja calls the wambulance?

Dude you can't admit you took the beating you took. That's ok, but you will not be cured until you admit the problem exists.

Outta here version 1.02

Why ask?

How's that now? Who has declared at least three times now that he is tucking tail and slinking away on his belly? Oh yeah, that would be you.

How's that now? Who has declared at least three times now that he is tucking tail and slinking away on his belly? Oh yeah, that would be you.

Watching Unks meltdown is worth every moment wasted reading this thread.

Please, proceed

Forum List

Back