Heroin in Huntington

Asclepias

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2013
This city has been decimated by heroin. There have been numerous overdoses and the next generation is going to be affected. What is going on in this city? Has the culture deteriorated? What are the reasons this place is the drug death capitol of the US?

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/16/health/huntington-heroin/

A father morns the loss of his son to a over dose.

160915170154-08-huntington-heroin-story-restricted-super-169.jpg

My sister-in-law died from an overdose there two years ago. It's a HUGE problem. WV is trying to address it but it's difficult.

I'm not sure if I have my facts right, but I seem to remember reading that Huntington is on one of the major drug trafficking routes to Detroit or something, and that accounts for some of it.

My sister-in-law died from an overdose there two years ago. It's a HUGE problem. WV is trying to address it but it's difficult.
Whats going on there? I asked my daughter who attended V-Tech and she said she had never seen anything like it before. She stayed away from places like that.

There has been a pervasive myth that drugs are harmless. Those who speak up just don't want others to have fun. Don't tell me what I can put in my body. Drug use is an expression of freedom.

Oh yeah, vote Gary Johnson.

Whats going on there? I asked my daughter who attended V-Tech and she said she had never seen anything like it before. She stayed away from places like that.

It's a major point on the route from Detroit I think Two more defendants sentenced for roles in Detroit to Huntington heroin conspiracy
OK. Now that makes more sense.

There has been a pervasive myth that drugs are harmless. Those who speak up just don't want others to have fun. Don't tell me what I can put in my body. Drug use is an expression of freedom.

Lots of drugs are harmless. Its the abuse of drugs that is not harmless. Yes people should be free to use their drugs. However, this is not a political story. Its asking what mindset causes and entire city to be ravaged by drugs.

My feelings are mixed on it. For example tobacco and alcohal are "drugs" but legal. I would put marijuana in the same category as those and legalize it. The biggest reason is I think money spent on trying to stop it could be better spent on trying to stop much more dangerous drugs like meth and heroin that are certainly not harmless and the cost is not just the user alone, but the entire community so attitudes like the libertarian ones on it, are inherently selfish.

Lots of drugs are harmless. Its the abuse of drugs that is not harmless. Yes people should be free to use their drugs. However, this is not a political story. Its asking what mindset causes and entire city to be ravaged by drugs.

WV has lost a lot of jobs and population, and Huntington I think is one of the areas heavily hit: West Virginia Unrecovered: No Job Gains Since 2008 | WV Center on Budget and Policy

While the state has lost 1,900 jobs since 2008, the jobs losses have been mostly concentrated in the southern part of the state. Between 2008 and 2014, the Huntington-Ashland area lost 6,500 jobs, Charleston 4,500, and Beckley 1,400. Meanwhile, Morgantown has gained 6,400 jobs since 2008, the Wheeling area has gained just 300, and the Parkersburg-Vienna area has lost 1,000.

WV has lost a lot of jobs and population, and Huntington I think is one of the areas heavily hit: West Virginia Unrecovered: No Job Gains Since 2008 | WV Center on Budget and Policy

While the state has lost 1,900 jobs since 2008, the jobs losses have been mostly concentrated in the southern part of the state. Between 2008 and 2014, the Huntington-Ashland area lost 6,500 jobs, Charleston 4,500, and Beckley 1,400. Meanwhile, Morgantown has gained 6,400 jobs since 2008, the Wheeling area has gained just 300, and the Parkersburg-Vienna area has lost 1,000.
Bad economics and no hope destroys a lot of places. i was just wondering why this particular place instead of other places like it.

Bad economics and no hope destroys a lot of places. i was just wondering why this particular place instead of other places like it.
Good question - here's an interesting article I found: WSAZ Investigates: The Detroit Connection

Now now. Don't fret. Just send Soros and the open border crowd thank you notes! Other than that just don't inject yourself. Just because it's available dies not meant you have to take it.

Good question - here's an interesting article I found: WSAZ Investigates: The Detroit Connection
I've heard this city is a vast majority white and there is lots of racists. How do these guys from Detroit move in and get whites to buy from them?

I wonder who is making and cutting all the fentalyn into all the Heroine. We know the Deep State makes it possible for the Opium to come in from SE Asia. Do they make possible the manufacture of the fentanyl as well? I have read articles that teens who try JUST ONE line of coke laced with fentalyn can die. :ack-1:

What You Need to Know About Fentanyl-Laced Heroin
What You Need to Know About Fentanyl-Laced Heroin

Because your president destroyed their economy with his energy policy. No hope in coal land.

Because your president destroyed their economy with his energy policy. No hope in coal land.
So you agree that if whites are subject to even less severe conditions as Black communities that they end up doing worse?

Cincinnati has the same issue, as do most cities in our country, just to a varying degree. I think there are many reasons for this: decriminalization of drugs, more acceptance of drugs, more and more kids with MIA parents, and a generation of victims unable to cope with much of anything, so they turn to drugs.

So you agree that if whites are subject to even less severe conditions as Black communities that they end up doing worse?
Killing themselves with drugs is not worse than killing each other with violence.
Why do you have to make everything about race? Can't you ever get beyond your skin color?

Forum List

Back