Hey "Fight for 15" idiots: You realize at $15/hr...YOU aren't getting/keeping that job anymore right

A job paying minimum wage properly reflects the worth of that job: MINIMUM. If that job did not exist, the world would still go on with MINIMUM interruption

A person who works for minimum wage should realize that his/her contribution to society is reflected in his/her wages: Minimum.

A person who promotes mandated higher minimum wage is a hypocrite who sees no reality.

A person who now works for minimum wage and wants more, should PROVE that he/she is worth more.
Without the minimum wage workers in this country, you and I would soon be properly humbled and much more appreciative of what they do. We are already inviting millions of immigrants into the country to fill these jobs. Our country would not survive without them.
It may not be bright to double the minimum wage in such a short time, but allowing them to feed their families and not be eligible for welfare while working full-time seems like a reasonable goal.

I would be perfectly happy with $15/hour minimum wage if it was paid for work to those who are now comfortably collecting welfare, meal tickets, food stamps, free rent and unearned other benefits.

If you're making minimum wage as an adult and you aren't a bored retired person or house wife then you're a fucking loser, period, and you lack the intelligence to understand what a $15 minimum would result in.
Spoken like a truly entitled Republican who doesn't know shit about how most of the world lives.

If you're making minimum wage as an adult and you aren't a bored retired person or house wife then you're a fucking loser, period, and you lack the intelligence to understand what a $15 minimum would result in.
Spoken like a truly entitled Republican who doesn't know shit about how most of the world lives.

A, I'm not a Republican. B, you know nothing about my past so piss off.

I don't think Fight for 15 morons have had their brains checked for malfunctions lately.

You work a minimum wage job FOR A REASON. What is that reason??
- You are under qualified for anything else
- You're dumb and/or lazy
- You're just too young for anything else
- You are a shitty unskilled worker

Could be more reasons. But that's why you are there.

If the pay goes from $7.25 to $15 an hour....do you realize 2 things WILL happen:
- Companies will cut staffing and demand FAR more work and productivity from those they keep
- You will get downward pressure from MORE QUALIFIED workers who NOW see fast food and minimum wage work as viable option

For example....many firemen, cops and teachers don't start off at $15 hour. Why put up with all the school and training and stress in those jobs....when they can just flip burgers and mop a floor...show up looking like shit and hungover and be paid $15 and hour?? It's easy, low skill, low responsibility labor. If you pay that labor the same as higher qualified jobs....then higher qualified people will leave the more stressful and higher accountability jobs to make the same money doing a far easier job.

So....all you Fight for 15 morons....ALL you are doing is begging for your own unemployment. Sorry. But free trade, globalization and open borders has flooded the market with unskilled uneducated labor. Your labor isn't worth much. Sorry it's true.

Your life may consist of rooming with 4 or 5 other people in a 2 or 3 bedroom apartment in the industrial area of town and living off rice and $1 frozen dinners with no internet. It's not a horrible life. But it's not luxurious or middle class. But guess what? Thats how most of the worlds 6 billion lives.

And SOME PEOPLE in America (uh hum....left wingers) have always wanted America to be more like the rest of the world rather than being the world's elite super wealthy power. Yall voted for it....Yall got it.
Firemen and teachers aren't going to seek a job mopping floors because it pays as well as theirs! That is absolutely, positively, not true. Try working a minimum wage job for a while -- six months, full time, and then get back to us how easy and pleasant it is. How easy it is to survive on.

No they'll just demand more money to even things out.
Which of course means more taxes.

A job paying minimum wage properly reflects the worth of that job: MINIMUM. If that job did not exist, the world would still go on with MINIMUM interruption

A person who works for minimum wage should realize that his/her contribution to society is reflected in his/her wages: Minimum.

A person who promotes mandated higher minimum wage is a hypocrite who sees no reality.

A person who now works for minimum wage and wants more, should PROVE that he/she is worth more.
Without the minimum wage workers in this country, you and I would soon be properly humbled and much more appreciative of what they do. We are already inviting millions of immigrants into the country to fill these jobs. Our country would not survive without them.
It may not be bright to double the minimum wage in such a short time, but allowing them to feed their families and not be eligible for welfare while working full-time seems like a reasonable goal.

If we'd stop bringing in the illegals those wages would go up.

I have to admit, it regularly amazes me how poor employees can be at the most basic tasks. I happen to be allergic to McDonald's eggs, even pulling them off after an employee screw up makes me sicker than a dog and is not an option. It astounds me how often they can mess this simple thing up, Sausage McMuffin's have their picture on the button for crying out loud. As a result of constant mistakes, I have to double check every time, while this is a minor inconvenience to me that I actually do not necessarily care about having to do, I am still taken aback that pushing the correct picture is so difficult for these employees... Were it a "rare" occurrence, I could somehow fluff it off as a new employee mistake, but it's not, it is easily over half the time I go there, regardless of how many other customers are there, regardless of how many employees are in the place, regardless of any idk "excusable" thing occuring. They are just bad at their jobs...

Wrong. Someone will always do it. If all the unskilled labor quits....then the jobs that people want done the most...will pay more so someone will do it.

It's called free market.
then the jobs that people want done the most...will pay more so someone will do it.
Like $15 per hour?

YES THAT'S RIGHT....like $15 an hour. Guess what....the jobs CURRENTLY paying that....are those jobs people wanted done the most!!! See how that worked??

Society decided it wanted jobs like teachers or firemen, or jobs like IT repair, or other private sector jobs which are simply more important.....to be done/done well far more than they want McDonald's fries to be fresh or their groceries to be bagged for them.

Minimum wage jobs aren't critical. That's why society has placed a low priority on them.

????? You're wrong on that. DontTazeMeBro doesn't seem like the country club Republican type.

You're gonna be sadly shocked if you get that $15 min wage and then find out it doubled the number of people in poverty and get half of you who fought for it fired....and the other half replaced by more qualified workers who all of a sudden want your job.

I don't think Fight for 15 morons have had their brains checked for malfunctions lately.

If the pay goes from $7.25 to $15 an hour....do you realize 2 things WILL happen:
- Companies will cut staffing and demand FAR more work and productivity from those they keep
- You will get downward pressure from MORE QUALIFIED workers who NOW see fast food and minimum wage work as viable option

For example....many firemen, cops and teachers don't start off at $15 hour. Why put up with all the school and training and stress in those jobs....when they can just flip burgers and mop a floor...show up looking like shit and hungover and be paid $15 and hour?? It's easy, low skill, low responsibility labor. If you pay that labor the same as higher qualified jobs....then higher qualified people will leave the more stressful and higher accountability jobs to make the same money doing a far easier job.

So....all you Fight for 15 morons....ALL you are doing is begging for your own unemployment. Sorry. But free trade, globalization and open borders has flooded the market with unskilled uneducated labor. Your labor isn't worth much. Sorry it's true.

Your life may consist of rooming with 4 or 5 other people in a 2 or 3 bedroom apartment in the industrial area of town and living off rice and $1 frozen dinners with no internet. It's not a horrible life. But it's not luxurious or middle class. But guess what? Thats how most of the worlds 6 billion lives.

And SOME PEOPLE in America (uh hum....left wingers) have always wanted America to be more like the rest of the world rather than being the world's elite super wealthy power. Yall voted for it....Yall got it.
Firemen and teachers aren't going to seek a job mopping floors because it pays as well as theirs! That is absolutely, positively, not true. Try working a minimum wage job for a while -- six months, full time, and then get back to us how easy and pleasant it is. How easy it is to survive on.
Firemen run into burning buildings.... Burning building carrying 40 pounds of equipment? Mop a floor? Same pay? Where do I fill the bucket?
How easy is it to survive on? How pleasant? Dumb questions. we're talking about increasing minimum wage to a point as high or higher than some skilled, dangerous jobs.

Firemen run into burning buildings.... Burning building carrying 40 pounds of equipment? Mop a floor? Same pay? Where do I fill the bucket?
How easy is it to survive on? How pleasant? Dumb questions. we're talking about increasing minimum wage to a point as high or higher than some skilled, dangerous jobs.

That's right. They want skilled labor pay for unskilled labor work.

They have to realize a hard and difficult truth. THIS is the new America. Free trade, globalization, open borders, etc.....

People with low skill now are probably gonna have to live with several roommates. 4 or 5 in a 2 or 3 bedroom apt in the industrial part of town. Eat on the cheap. Rice. Frozen dinners. No internet at the apartment. TV. Maybe no cable.

Just like how billions of others on Earth live.

Remember how we kept wanting American exceptionalism?
Remember how we wanted America to be FAR more wealthy and powerful than the rest of the world?

Remember how the left said we were wrong for that???

Well.... $15 folks....the left wanted you living more like the rest of the world and now you're getting it.

Dude, why in the hell is yo ass stressing over min. wages? Either two things are in play here.....you're a business owner who exploits illegals or or or you have no life and its just something whine about

I'll take job mopping floors, if I can make more money than I'm making now.
I had jobs like that before I had the chance to go to college. No you wouldn't.
I mop floors now once or twice a week. the rest of the week, I pay others to do it. There's no shame in mopping floors, scrubbing toilets or emptying garbage cans. Yes, I went to college Yes I made great money. Now I own a business and never look down on my help no matter their skill level.

Dude, why in the hell is yo ass stressing over min. wages? Either two things are in play here.....you're a business owner who exploits illegals or or or you have no life and its just something whine about

Yes. I co-own a business.
Yes. I hire minimum wage workers.
No. They are not illegals.
Yes....if their minimum wage doubles...our budget would require either raising our product prices a lot (and losing customers) or firing 1/3 or more of those employees.

When choosing between losing customers or losing low skill non-essential labor.....guess what? We'll work extra hours ourselves if necessary. We aren't losing customers over jacking up prices to pay our floor mopper the same starting pay a local fireman makes.

I hire 2 people to come in a mop/clean after 7pm because I like watching football at night in the fall and working out at night. Push comes to shove....they'll be fired and I'll just watch the games here and workout later.

I'll take job mopping floors, if I can make more money than I'm making now.
I had jobs like that before I had the chance to go to college. No you wouldn't.
I mop floors now once or twice a week. the rest of the week, I pay others to do it. There's no shame in mopping floors, scrubbing toilets or emptying garbage cans. Yes, I went to college Yes I made great money. Now I own a business and never look down on my help no matter their skill level.

I don't look down at them either. I treat them well and they deserve to be treated with dignity like all employees.

But the harsh reality is their labor...their service...is usually non essential and can usually be replaced very easily.

12 bucks an hour is what most long term laborer's are getting these days anyway. Its next door to poverty. 15 bucks is just right and we all know these fuckin companies just pass any fuckin cost onto customers. They're so fuckin greedy, remember when gas was around 4 bucks? Call a plumber, call anyone to come to you home for a service, including garbage pick up service and guess who tacked on a few extra fuckin dollars? THEY DID.

a
Figures....listen, just about all the companies I see hiring where I live, offers 12 bucks an hour. 12 bucks is just standard. At the end of the day, its

Yes....if their minimum wage doubles...our budget would require either raising our product prices a lot (and losing customers) or firing 1/3 or more of those employees.

When choosing between losing customers or losing low skill non-essential labor.....guess what? We'll work extra hours ourselves if necessary. We aren't losing customers over jacking up prices to pay our floor mopper the same starting pay a local fireman makes.

I hire 2 people to come in a mop/clean after 7pm because I like watching football at night in the fall and working out at night. Push comes to shove....they'll be fired and I'll just watch the games here and workout later.

12 bucks an hour is nothing, its next door to poverty. If you have to go out of business, who cares.

I don't look down at them either. I treat them well and they deserve to be treated with dignity like all employees.

But the harsh reality is their labor...their service...is usually non essential and can usually be replaced very easily.

So you run your imagined company with excess workers?

How charitable of you.

You don't own a business that hires minimum wage workers. You are a habitual liar.

12 bucks an hour is what most long term laborer's are getting these days anyway. Its next door to poverty. 15 bucks is just right and we all know these fuckin companies just pass any fuckin cost onto customers. They're so fuckin greedy, remember when gas was around 4 bucks? Call a plumber, call anyone to come to you home for a service, including garbage pick up service and guess who tacked on a few extra fuckin dollars? THEY DID.

YES TIGERRED59 now you're getting it!!!

Tell me this. Show me the light.

Let's use my company. Say our budget is 500,000 a year.
250,000 is used in rent, insurance and utilities, taxes, etc.
100,000 is used in supplies and maintenance.
150,000 is for labor. We have 6 employees. 3 are minimum wage.
Me and my co-owner keep anything over 500,000 for our pay....which we average about 45k-60k ea year depending on how business goes.

SO.....where am I going to get the money to pay $15 an hour instead of $7.25????

Inform me.

So you run your imagined company with excess workers?

How charitable of you.

Almost everyone does. They do jobs I COULD do....but I can luckily afford to pay someone to do it. I don't NEED a janitor. I could do that. But I want one. I can afford to pay minimum wage to one to do that job.

What's the problem?

Forum List

Back