🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Hey gun nuts: what exactly is preventing terrorists from buying guns in states like Texas?

Tell me, what sort of gun control laws are there that prevent terrorists from obtaining guns in red pieces-of-shit states like Texas

Texas Republican Freaks Out When He Realizes How Easy It Is For Refugees To Buy Guns (VIDEO)

"It’s far too easy to buy a gun in the United States – like, super easy. All it takes is a little bit of money, a driver’s license, and the ability to pass a federal background check, which by itself can be completed in as little as three minutes.

In case you’re wondering, that last part isn’t too hard either. According to a report released by the Washington Post recently, over 2,000 terror suspects have legally purchased guns in the United States since 2004. That’s an alarming number. It’s really all you need to know about how effective background checks for gun purchases are. If you want the official figures, only 700,000 people have been denied in the last decade. That may sound like a large number, but check this out – the FBI did more than 100 million checks. All in all, you have more than a 99% chance of passing with flying colors."
Whoa it's yet another Billy fail thread.
Hey, Billy. What backgrond check would have stopped the San Bernadino shooters from buying guns?
Criminals will use what's available, that doesn't mean that I shouldn't have firepower equal to or greater than theirs, does it?
And criminals have AR-15s available and prefer to use them in mass shootings.

Perhaps you could find some anecdotal case, but it is statistically rare that a "good guy with a gun" neutralizes a mass shooting situation.
This is because all mass shootings happen in gun free zones.
Oh right let's let ANYONE carry a gun wherever they want. That's a great idea.

Why not, I'm better trained than most cops, I probably shoot more also.
Most cops not only are terrible shots but have bad gun handling skills as well. I know, I've seen plenty of them. Average cop fires about 100 rounds a year for qualification.
I n a serious range session I've fired over 200 rounds.

Family member is a cop.....at his dept. they only qualify once a year...and they go down to the range by themsleves on the honor system.........

Tell me, what sort of gun control laws are there that prevent terrorists from obtaining guns in red pieces-of-shit states like Texas

Texas Republican Freaks Out When He Realizes How Easy It Is For Refugees To Buy Guns (VIDEO)

"It’s far too easy to buy a gun in the United States – like, super easy. All it takes is a little bit of money, a driver’s license, and the ability to pass a federal background check, which by itself can be completed in as little as three minutes.

In case you’re wondering, that last part isn’t too hard either. According to a report released by the Washington Post recently, over 2,000 terror suspects have legally purchased guns in the United States since 2004. That’s an alarming number. It’s really all you need to know about how effective background checks for gun purchases are. If you want the official figures, only 700,000 people have been denied in the last decade. That may sound like a large number, but check this out – the FBI did more than 100 million checks. All in all, you have more than a 99% chance of passing with flying colors."

Banning guns will not stop a terrorist from wreaking havoc. Tim McVeigh used a truck with explosives. The 9-11 Hijackers used box cutters. Eric Rudolph used IED's. The Boston Bombers used pressure cookers.

So as many believe that banning guns or curbing the ability to stop terrorists buying guns will not stop a terrorist and they will look for other ways to deal carnage if they can not obtain a firearm.

Sad fact to the reality we live in.
There is no such thing as a law that prevents any crime from happening completely. Should we just make murder and rape legal because they both happen regardless?

Oh Lord!

1. The Constitution is clear and Americans have the right to bear arms. Don't like it then have the amendment appealed.

2. A terrorist will use any weapon that is at their disposal. I pointed out the fact that some of the biggest attacks on U.S. soil were done by terrorists that did not use a firearm to carry out their attack. ( OKC and 9-11 attacks )

3. Nowhere did I write we should do away with laws that are against murder or rape, and usage of a firearm that results to murder is covered under those law and should result in swift death for the individual if found guilty of first degree murder.

Now what part of that do you not understand?

Do i believe the average American need a AR-15 to hunt with?

No, and in fact I hunt with a single shot shotgun, so no need for a gun like that. ( Ar-15 )

Some believe they need it but it is not needed and is overkill.

So as you attempt to make a strawman argument with me I will just calmly tell you that your argument about doing away with laws is just pure bullshit!
1) You're such an idiotic gun nut like the rest of them. I never said Americans shouldn't have the right to own a gun.

2) You use a grand total of two events to suggest guns are not a popular terrorist weapon? Of course they are. Bombs and airplane attacks are harder to pull off for a reason: it is much harder to obtain bombs and airplanes. Guns, on the other hand, in this country are much easier to obtain.

3) What exactly is your point then? The evidence is clear in showing gun control helps to prevent gun related deaths.

Hey, Billy. What backgrond check would have stopped the San Bernadino shooters from buying guns?
Criminals will use what's available, that doesn't mean that I shouldn't have firepower equal to or greater than theirs, does it?

Perhaps you could find some anecdotal case, but it is statistically rare that a "good guy with a gun" neutralizes a mass shooting situation.
It is a great idea. WHat problem do you have with it? If the person is law abiding, why shouldn't they? If they're not law abiding, no law is going to stop them from doing it.
I notced you ignored my question on what background check would have prevented the SB killers from buying a gun. That's because your thread is yet another poorly thought out fail.
The current standard of "law abiding" does not take into account factors such as mental health. The statistical evidence shows that gun control legislation helps to reduce gun deaths. Why wouldn't that apply to terrorism as well?

Hard Evidence: does gun control work?

I don't know if the most recent case of terrorism could have been prevented with more in depth background check alone, but there is an inverse statistical relationship between gun control and gun deaths.

No it doesn't prove anything of the kind........no...they use suicide to boost their number....not actual criminal homicide....see how they lie......

How many times do we have to show you that criminals get guns illegally before you actually understand the concept.

Banning guns will not stop a terrorist from wreaking havoc. Tim McVeigh used a truck with explosives. The 9-11 Hijackers used box cutters. Eric Rudolph used IED's. The Boston Bombers used pressure cookers.

So as many believe that banning guns or curbing the ability to stop terrorists buying guns will not stop a terrorist and they will look for other ways to deal carnage if they can not obtain a firearm.

Sad fact to the reality we live in.
There is no such thing as a law that prevents any crime from happening completely. Should we just make murder and rape legal because they both happen regardless?

Oh Lord!

1. The Constitution is clear and Americans have the right to bear arms. Don't like it then have the amendment appealed.

2. A terrorist will use any weapon that is at their disposal. I pointed out the fact that some of the biggest attacks on U.S. soil were done by terrorists that did not use a firearm to carry out their attack. ( OKC and 9-11 attacks )

3. Nowhere did I write we should do away with laws that are against murder or rape, and usage of a firearm that results to murder is covered under those law and should result in swift death for the individual if found guilty of first degree murder.

Now what part of that do you not understand?

Do i believe the average American need a AR-15 to hunt with?

No, and in fact I hunt with a single shot shotgun, so no need for a gun like that. ( Ar-15 )

Some believe they need it but it is not needed and is overkill.

So as you attempt to make a strawman argument with me I will just calmly tell you that your argument about doing away with laws is just pure bullshit!
1) You're such an idiotic gun nut like the rest of them. I never said Americans shouldn't have the right to own a gun.

2) You use a grand total of two events to suggest guns are not a popular terrorist weapon? Of course they are. Bombs and airplane attacks are harder to pull off for a reason: it is much harder to obtain bombs and airplanes. Guns, on the other hand, in this country are much easier to obtain.

3) What exactly is your point then? The evidence is clear in showing gun control helps to prevent gun related deaths.

What part of knives, clubs and bare hands kill more people in the country each year than AR-15s do you not understand..that includes terrorism....

It is a great idea. WHat problem do you have with it? If the person is law abiding, why shouldn't they? If they're not law abiding, no law is going to stop them from doing it.
I notced you ignored my question on what background check would have prevented the SB killers from buying a gun. That's because your thread is yet another poorly thought out fail.
The current standard of "law abiding" does not take into account factors such as mental health. The statistical evidence shows that gun control legislation helps to reduce gun deaths. Why wouldn't that apply to terrorism as well?

I don't know if the most recent case of terrorism could have been prevented with more in depth background check alone, but there is an inverse statistical relationship between gun control and gun deaths.

No it doesn't prove anything of the kind........no...they use suicide to boost their number....not actual criminal homicide....see how they lie......

How many times do we have to show you that criminals get guns illegally before you actually understand the concept.
Oh really? Most of our high profile mass shooting a show that those guns were obtained legally. As I've proved before in this thread with a link, gun control legislation helps to minimize gun deaths.

What don't you understand...they lie to you....notice they say gun violence in the start of the paper....the paper linked through your first link....then they switch the term when they get to the chart of the states...and say gun deaths......why...because they are lying to you...they use suicides to push the numbers up.......otherwise their stats would show they are lying.....

and again...more Americans now own and carry guns...over 13 million people carry guns for self defense and our gun murder rate across the country is going down, not up...

Oh really? Most of our high profile mass shooting a show that those guns were obtained legally. As I've proved before in this thread with a link, gun control legislation helps to minimize gun deaths.

yes.....gee....now you get it....

Criminals cannot buy a gun legally because they have a criminal record. So they steal their guns or get someone with a clean record to buy the gun for them...thereby by passing the universal background check.

Mass shooters all pass the background checks you want...some up to 3 different background checks because they have committed no crime before the mass shooting...so you can have a universal background check for every single gun sale...and they will still get guns......

As I've proved before in this thread with a link, gun control legislation helps to minimize gun deaths.

Please....read that to yourself, slowly........do you not see how silly that is.....you just said that mass shooters got their gun legally......all of them except for a few in fact..the others stole their guns or bought them illegally.....

so almost all mass shooters bought their guns legally....and you say gun control legislation helps minimize gun deaths.....

Please...read that again...and again..until you realize that you just freaking contradicted yourself......

No...your link was a lie......they use suicides, not gun murder to push their lie...........

Actually, terrorists seem to have even less trouble buying guns in states with unconstitutionally strong gun control laws. Especially do they seem to have even less trouble buying in them in the countries with the most strict gun controls (no constitutional issues there) like France.

Criminals cannot buy a gun legally because they have a criminal record. So they steal their guns or get someone with a clean record to buy the gun for them...thereby by passing the universal background check.

Mass shooters all pass the background checks you want...some up to 3 different background checks because they have committed no crime before the mass shooting...so you can have a universal background check for every single gun sale...and they will still get guns......

As I've proved before in this thread with a link, gun control legislation helps to minimize gun deaths.

Please....read that to yourself, slowly........do you not see how silly that is.....you just said that mass shooters got their gun legally......all of them except for a few in fact..the others stole their guns or bought them illegally.....

so almost all mass shooters bought their guns legally....and you say gun control legislation helps minimize gun deaths.....

Please...read that again...and again..until you realize that you just freaking contradicted yourself......
You're such an idiot. I never said gun control legislation prevents mass shootings completely. Our current gun laws just make them easier to do however. I said that OVERALL gun deaths are low with gun control legislation. Period. That is what matters. No existing law eliminates the crime it is targeting - it just reduces it.

No...your link was a lie......they use suicides, not gun murder to push their lie...........
You're just making shit up as you go along.

You're such an idiot. I never said gun control legislation prevents mass shootings completely. Our current gun laws just make them easier to do however. I said that OVERALL gun deaths are low with gun control legislation. Period. That is what matters. No existing law eliminates the crime it is targeting - it just reduces it.

No.....that is not true...overall gun deaths are not low with gun legislation....that is not true...the states like wyoming...have low gun crime rates, easy access to guns but high suicide rates.......dittos several other states on that list...they are lying to you .....

Chicago, Baltimore, D.C.....have the strictest gun control in the country...and high gun murder rates......the rest of the states...like Illinois in general....do not have a corrsponding high gun murder rate even with less strict gun control......

Nope...you are not the first to post that link....that paper has been shown to be a lie....look it up...

No.....that is not true...overall gun deaths are not low with gun legislation....that is not true...the states like wyoming...have low gun crime rates, easy access to guns but high suicide rates.......dittos several other states on that list...they are lying to you .....

Chicago, Baltimore, D.C.....have the strictest gun control in the country...and high gun murder rates......the rest of the states...like Illinois in general....do not have a corrsponding high gun murder rate even with less strict gun control......
So i provide a link with actual statistical evidence and you say that bullshit? You are talking out of your ass.

Nope...you are not the first to post that link....that paper has been shown to be a lie....look it up...
Lol no it hasn't. Give it up.

From the study your link uses....

Alaska Gun Violence On key measures, Alaska has been hit harder by gun violence than any other state in the country. • As of 2010, Alaska had the worst gun death rate in the nation—20.3 deaths per 100,000 people, almost twice the national norm of 10.3 deaths per 100,000 people.1 • Alaska had more suicides per capita from guns than any other state in 2010, and almost two-and-a-half times the national average.2 Among women and children, Alaska’s rates of fatal gun

told you...also...Alaska doesn't have enough police to patrol the tribal areas...where most of the violence happens...

Gun control doesn't work. The evidence is very easy to see. The areas of the country with the most gun control have the most amount of gun violence. The areas that issue concealed carry permits experience a sharp drop in violent crime. Finally, almost all of these mass shootings occur in gun free zones. Any liberal who blames the gun or lack of gun control for today's violence is about as stupid as stupid gets. The coup-de-gras in all of this is that the vast majority of gun violence is from shooters who identify as Democrats. You leftist are just so screwed up, but you have always been.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alaska Gun Violence On key measures, Alaska has been hit harder by gun violence than any other state in the country. • As of 2010, Alaska had the worst gun death rate in the nation—20.3 deaths per 100,000 people, almost twice the national norm of 10.3 deaths per 100,000 people.1 • Alaska had more suicides per capita from guns than any other state in 2010, and almost two-and-a-half times the national average.2 Among women and children, Alaska’s rates of fatal gun

told you...also...Alaska doesn't have enough police to patrol the tribal areas...where most of the violence happens...
Lol this is so dumb. You are quoting ONE state without taking into account WHY suicide in Alaska is so high.

Lol this is so dumb. You are quoting ONE state without taking into account WHY suicide in Alaska is so high.

Here you go....actual analysis...

Do Strict Firearm Laws Give States Lower Gun Death Rates?

Once you get past those six states, the hypothesis that low gun death rates go hand in hand with strict gun control starts to break down. New Hampshire, with a gun death rate just a little higher than New Jersey's, has permissive gun policies. Likewise Minnesota, Washington, Vermont, Wisconsin, and South Dakota, all of which have gun death rates of 10 or less per 100,000.

New Hampshire and Minnesota have lower rates than California, Illinois, the District of Columbia, and Maryland, all of which have substantially stricter gun rules.

At the other end of the list, Alaska, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Arkansas, and Wyoming have both permissive gun policies and high gun death rates, ranging from around 17 to nearly 20 per 100,000. But of these six states, only Louisiana has a very high gun murder rate (based on 2010 data). The rate in Mississippi is fairly high but still lower than in D.C. or Maryland, which have much stricter gun laws. Alaska, Wyoming, Alabama, and Arkansas have lower gun murder rates than California, which has more gun restrictions.

Although its overall analysis looks at all gun-related deaths, National Journal (after some prodding, judging from the note in italics) focuses on gun homicides in charts that compare states based on three policies: whether they impose a duty to retreat, whether they require background checks for all gun sales, and whether they issue carry permits to anyone who meets a short list of objective criteria. Excluding suicides makes sense for at least two of those comparisons, since you would not expect the rules for self-defense or for carrying guns in public to affect suicide rates. Background checks conceivably could, since among other things they are supposed to prevent gun purchases by people who were forcibly subjected to psychiatric treatment because they were deemed a threat to themselves.

According to the first chart, the average rate of gun-related homicides in states with "some form of 'stand your ground' law" in 2013 was 4.23 per 100,000, compared to 3.08 in the other states. (Oddly, Arkansas is included in the former category, although its "stand your ground" law was not enacted until this year.) States that did not require background checks for private sales also had a higher average gun homicide rate: 4.02 per 100,000, compared to 3.41 for the other states. But the average rates were the same (3.78 per 100,000) regardless of whether states had discretionary or "must issue" carry permit policies, which is consistent with the observation that permit holders rarely commit violent crimes.

Some states were excluded from these analyses, and the reason is revealing. The fine print at the bottom of the charts says "Alaska, Idaho, Maine, Montana, New Hampshire, North Dakota, South Dakota, Vermont, and Wyoming had too few homicides in 2013 to calculate a reliable rate" (emphasis added). These are all states with permissive gun laws, and three of them are among the seven states with the highest overall gun death rates, which highlights the importance of distinguishing between suicides and homicides. Had National Journal's main analysis excluded suicides, some of the states with few gun controls, including Alaska and Wyoming, would have looked much safer.

The Dishonest Gun-Control Debate, by Kevin D. Williamson, National Review

Forum List

Back