🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Hey gun nuts: what exactly is preventing terrorists from buying guns in states like Texas?

Tell me, what sort of gun control laws are there that prevent terrorists from obtaining guns in red pieces-of-shit states like Texas

Texas Republican Freaks Out When He Realizes How Easy It Is For Refugees To Buy Guns (VIDEO)

"It’s far too easy to buy a gun in the United States – like, super easy. All it takes is a little bit of money, a driver’s license, and the ability to pass a federal background check, which by itself can be completed in as little as three minutes.

In case you’re wondering, that last part isn’t too hard either. According to a report released by the Washington Post recently, over 2,000 terror suspects have legally purchased guns in the United States since 2004. That’s an alarming number. It’s really all you need to know about how effective background checks for gun purchases are. If you want the official figures, only 700,000 people have been denied in the last decade. That may sound like a large number, but check this out – the FBI did more than 100 million checks. All in all, you have more than a 99% chance of passing with flying colors."
Whoa it's yet another Billy fail thread.
Hey, Billy. What backgrond check would have stopped the San Bernadino shooters from buying guns?
Yes but this doesn't change the fact that the AR-15 is a popular weapon to use in America's mass shootings.

Criminals will use what's available, that doesn't mean that I shouldn't have firepower equal to or greater than theirs, does it?
And criminals have AR-15s available and prefer to use them in mass shootings.

Perhaps you could find some anecdotal case, but it is statistically rare that a "good guy with a gun" neutralizes a mass shooting situation.
This is because all mass shootings happen in gun free zones.
Oh right let's let ANYONE carry a gun wherever they want. That's a great idea.
It is a great idea. WHat problem do you have with it? If the person is law abiding, why shouldn't they? If they're not law abiding, no law is going to stop them from doing it.
I notced you ignored my question on what background check would have prevented the SB killers from buying a gun. That's because your thread is yet another poorly thought out fail.
The current standard of "law abiding" does not take into account factors such as mental health. The statistical evidence shows that gun control legislation helps to reduce gun deaths. Why wouldn't that apply to terrorism as well?

Hard Evidence: does gun control work?

I don't know if the most recent case of terrorism could have been prevented with more in depth background check alone, but there is an inverse statistical relationship between gun control and gun deaths.

Oh right your anecdotal story about a boy shooting two people is enough to keep terrorists out of Texas. You know what rarely to never stops a mass shooting? The "good guy with a gun" concept. It doesnt happen.
------------------------------------

Check this Dumb-Ass.

Two killed at Mohammed cartoon event in Garland, Texas - CNN.com
What exactly is your point?

Remind us again what you said never happens.
I clearly stated that the case is anecdotal. Do you not understand what that means?

Bullshit, it was a practical situation, one well trained good guy took out two bad guys. So I guess it's you who doesn't know the difference.
No I just understand the difference between anecdotal and statistical evidence.

Tell me, what sort of gun control laws are there that prevent terrorists from obtaining guns in red pieces-of-shit states like Texas

Texas Republican Freaks Out When He Realizes How Easy It Is For Refugees To Buy Guns (VIDEO)

"It’s far too easy to buy a gun in the United States – like, super easy. All it takes is a little bit of money, a driver’s license, and the ability to pass a federal background check, which by itself can be completed in as little as three minutes.

In case you’re wondering, that last part isn’t too hard either. According to a report released by the Washington Post recently, over 2,000 terror suspects have legally purchased guns in the United States since 2004. That’s an alarming number. It’s really all you need to know about how effective background checks for gun purchases are. If you want the official figures, only 700,000 people have been denied in the last decade. That may sound like a large number, but check this out – the FBI did more than 100 million checks. All in all, you have more than a 99% chance of passing with flying colors."
Hey, Billy. What backgrond check would have stopped the San Bernadino shooters from buying guns?
Criminals will use what's available, that doesn't mean that I shouldn't have firepower equal to or greater than theirs, does it?

Perhaps you could find some anecdotal case, but it is statistically rare that a "good guy with a gun" neutralizes a mass shooting situation.
It is a great idea. WHat problem do you have with it? If the person is law abiding, why shouldn't they? If they're not law abiding, no law is going to stop them from doing it.
I notced you ignored my question on what background check would have prevented the SB killers from buying a gun. That's because your thread is yet another poorly thought out fail.
The current standard of "law abiding" does not take into account factors such as mental health. The statistical evidence shows that gun control legislation helps to reduce gun deaths. Why wouldn't that apply to terrorism as well?

I don't know if the most recent case of terrorism could have been prevented with more in depth background check alone, but there is an inverse statistical relationship between gun control and gun deaths.
Wrong. Gun control is a total and complete failure. For most of the recent mass shooters they not only passed background checks but there was no background check that would have turned up anything disqualifying. They were law abiding citizens right up until they began killing people.

Check this Dumb-Ass.

I clearly stated that the case is anecdotal. Do you not understand what that means?

Bullshit, it was a practical situation, one well trained good guy took out two bad guys. So I guess it's you who doesn't know the difference.
No. You said "it never happens." That is not true. It does happen. It doesnt happen enough because mass shootings are in gun free zones.

Wrong. Gun control is a total and complete failure. For most of the recent mass shooters they not only passed background checks but there was no background check that would have turned up anything disqualifying. They were law abiding citizens right up until they began killing people.
You're such an idiot. I provide statistical evidence that gun control works and you, like a toddler, deny it. You're wrong, I'm right. Get over it.

Banning guns will not stop a terrorist from wreaking havoc. Tim McVeigh used a truck with explosives. The 9-11 Hijackers used box cutters. Eric Rudolph used IED's. The Boston Bombers used pressure cookers.

So as many believe that banning guns or curbing the ability to stop terrorists buying guns will not stop a terrorist and they will look for other ways to deal carnage if they can not obtain a firearm.

Sad fact to the reality we live in.

Banning guns will not stop a terrorist from wreaking havoc. Tim McVeigh used a truck with explosives. The 9-11 Hijackers used box cutters. Eric Rudolph used IED's. The Boston Bombers used pressure cookers.

So as many believe that banning guns or curbing the ability to stop terrorists buying guns will not stop a terrorist and they will look for other ways to deal carnage if they can not obtain a firearm.

There is no such thing as a law that prevents any crime from happening completely. Should we just make murder and rape legal because they both happen regardless?

Check this Dumb-Ass.

Then give me the stats on non-gun free environments. Should be easy enough.

Hey anti gun extremist nuts.......fully automatic rifles are completely banned in France and completely illegal to own in france...you cannot buy them in gun stores or from gun shows or from neighbors.....

And how did that work out....

All 3 terrorists in the Charlie hebdo murders, 2 on government, anti terror watch lists and 1 a convcited criminal easily go fully automatic rifles, pistols, grenades and a rocket propelled grenade.....

All 8 terrorists who attacked various sites in Paris killing 128 people and injuring over 300 easily got fully automatic rifles and explosives....

The Belgium train shooter...easily got a fully automatic rifle...and was stopped by 3 Americans who were on Vacation

The Belgium shooter...easily got a fully automatic rifle...

the criminals in Marseilles who shot up the neighborhood a few hours before the prime minister was to give a speech on crime...the same week as Charlie Hebdo...used fully automatic rifles....

The immigrant gangs in Sweden, mainly in Malmo Sweden....used fully automatic rifles and threw grenades at each other all summer long.....

No matter that in all of those countries fully automatic rifles, military pistols, grenades and rockept propelled grenades are all banned, illegal and not sold anywhere....

Terrorists got them easily....

There is no gun law in Europe or France, or Sweden, Belgium, Denmark or Norway that kept terrorists or criminals from getting those guns...

And we haven't discussed Britain either.....

We have over 3,700,000 Ar-15s in private hands in this country....and kives kill more people than Ar-15s.

We have over 3,700,000 AR-15s in this country and blunt objects kill more people than AR-15s.

We have over 3,700,000 AR-15s in this country and bare hands kill more people than AR-15s.

All of that info. can be found in FBI table 8.

And we have over 3,700,000 AR-15s in private hands, and you can buy them in most gun stores........And fully automatic rifles that are completely banned in Europe and France are used more often in crime and terrorism in Europe and France than AR-15s are used for crime and terrorism in the United States...

Please re do your post...it is silly.

There is no such thing as a law that prevents any crime from happening completely. Should we just make murder and rape legal because they both happen regardless?

Reverting to the absurd, YOU LOSE!!!!!!

So you liberals have let these terrorists into the country and now you wanna blame jihadist terrorist attacks on our right to keep and bear arms?!

You guys won't seal the border. You won't even try to improve border security. You won't clamp down on visa overstays. You've made it harder for our intel people to detect terrorist coordination online. And now you wanna let 10,000 more Muslims enter the country. But somehow in your eyes the root of the problem is the 2nd Amendment! Incredible.

I will yet again point out that France has very strict gun laws. Automatic rifles are illegal, no exceptions. And Paris's gun laws are even tougher than the national laws. Yet, those severe gun laws did not stop Muslim terrorists from getting automatic weapons and other weapons they weren't supposed to be using.
I don't understand why you nuts see this issue in such black and white terms. I never said anything about proposing law abiding people being stripped of their guns. My obvious point is how easy it is to get a gun in Texas if you're a terrorist.

It's such childish logic to say that just because a terrorist was able to obtain a gun in France that automatically means gun control in general is pointless. It doesn't take much rational to point out that strict gun gontrol legislation does discourage criminals from obtaining guns. Even when you control for population difference, gun related deaths in the US far exceed that of France.

Gun control does not stop gun related deaths in France...their criminal culture does...since they obviously can get fully automatic rifles and pistols whenever they want them...they just don't murder people as often as our democrats do....

Oh Lord!

1. The Constitution is clear and Americans have the right to bear arms. Don't like it then have the amendment appealed.

2. A terrorist will use any weapon that is at their disposal. I pointed out the fact that some of the biggest attacks on U.S. soil were done by terrorists that did not use a firearm to carry out their attack. ( OKC and 9-11 attacks )

3. Nowhere did I write we should do away with laws that are against murder or rape, and usage of a firearm that results to murder is covered under those law and should result in swift death for the individual if found guilty of first degree murder.

Now what part of that do you not understand?

Do i believe the average American need a AR-15 to hunt with?

No, and in fact I hunt with a single shot shotgun, so no need for a gun like that. ( Ar-15 )

Some believe they need it but it is not needed and is overkill.

So as you attempt to make a strawman argument with me I will just calmly tell you that your argument about doing away with laws is just pure bullshit!

Nothing stops Lunatic Muslims from getting guns in Texas or anywhere else. legally or not...its just that they are learning not to use them in Texas.

Remember the two Lunatic Muslims that drove over to Texas to kill some cartoonists who made cartoons of Mohammed.

Texas boy dropped them both with a Glock--they barely got out of the car.

They pack in Texas.

Coward Muslims prefer California---where they have gun control.
Oh right your anecdotal story about a boy shooting two people is enough to keep terrorists out of Texas. You know what rarely to never stops a mass shooting? The "good guy with a gun" concept. It doesnt happen.

I post those stories all the time...keep denying their existence Baghdad Bob......

The exact same things that stops them in CA or NY. Just count yourself luck they are buying legal firearms instead of fully auto AK-47s off the black market like they're doing in Europe. Those 7.62 rounds do a hell of a lot more damage than a 2.23 and have much more penetration. Why do you think they're preferred by gangs and drug cartels.
Lol right because AR-15s are so non lethal in comparison?

An AK is a lighter, magazine fed M-60 machine gun, an AR 15 chambered in the standard 2.23cal is much less lethal. Things that provide adequate cover from a 2.23 won't do shit against a 7.62. Anyone who's been in the military knows that.
Yes obviously it's less lethal but that doesn't change the fact that it is still highly effective in mass shootings.

So's a pump shotgun or a revolver if you know how to do tactical reloads.
Yes but this doesn't change the fact that the AR-15 is a popular weapon to use in America's mass shootings.

Total bullshit.

So you liberals have let these terrorists into the country and now you wanna blame jihadist terrorist attacks on our right to keep and bear arms?!

You guys won't seal the border. You won't even try to improve border security. You won't clamp down on visa overstays. You've made it harder for our intel people to detect terrorist coordination online. And now you wanna let 10,000 more Muslims enter the country. But somehow in your eyes the root of the problem is the 2nd Amendment! Incredible.

I will yet again point out that France has very strict gun laws. Automatic rifles are illegal, no exceptions. And Paris's gun laws are even tougher than the national laws. Yet, those severe gun laws did not stop Muslim terrorists from getting automatic weapons and other weapons they weren't supposed to be using.
I don't understand why you nuts see this issue in such black and white terms. I never said anything about proposing law abiding people being stripped of their guns. My obvious point is how easy it is to get a gun in Texas if you're a terrorist.

It's such childish logic to say that just because a terrorist was able to obtain a gun in France that automatically means gun control in general is pointless. It doesn't take much rational to point out that strict gun gontrol legislation does discourage criminals from obtaining guns. Even when you control for population difference, gun related deaths in the US far exceed that of France.

It doesn't take much rational to point out that strict gun gontrol legislation does discourage criminals from obtaining guns.

Except for the fact that criminals and terrorists get guns when they simply decide they want them...and ignore all of your gun control laws.....

The exact same things that stops them in CA or NY. Just count yourself luck they are buying legal firearms instead of fully auto AK-47s off the black market like they're doing in Europe. Those 7.62 rounds do a hell of a lot more damage than a 2.23 and have much more penetration. Why do you think they're preferred by gangs and drug cartels.
Lol right because AR-15s are so non lethal in comparison?

An AK is a lighter, magazine fed M-60 machine gun, an AR 15 chambered in the standard 2.23cal is much less lethal. Things that provide adequate cover from a 2.23 won't do shit against a 7.62. Anyone who's been in the military knows that.
Yes obviously it's less lethal but that doesn't change the fact that it is still highly effective in mass shootings.

Not really...it is becoming popular because you guys keep making it look glamorous to shooters.....using several .357 pistols is just as lethal and would kill just as many people......and you still wouldn't be happy...

And again...mass shootings kill the fewest people each year in this country...in 2014 only 9 people were killed in mass shootings.....

In 2014 8,115 were murdered by actual violent, career criminals.........without AR-15s....

And more people were killed with knives than AR-15s...and clubs killed more than AR-15s and Bare hands killed more than AR-15s.....

comical...a pussy from the pussy state of colorado is talking trash about texas...
I wonder where the Columbine killers got their guns? i'm guessing not in Texas.

They were in High school...they also could not legally own or carry those guns...they got them illegally from someone they knew.......and used 10 round magazines.....just like in California....

No....let's let law abiding citizens actually carry guns into gun free zones....we haven't tried that yet...we have tried gun free zones....and a lot of people have been murdered because of it.....

Oh Lord!

1. The Constitution is clear and Americans have the right to bear arms. Don't like it then have the amendment appealed.

2. A terrorist will use any weapon that is at their disposal. I pointed out the fact that some of the biggest attacks on U.S. soil were done by terrorists that did not use a firearm to carry out their attack. ( OKC and 9-11 attacks )

3. Nowhere did I write we should do away with laws that are against murder or rape, and usage of a firearm that results to murder is covered under those law and should result in swift death for the individual if found guilty of first degree murder.

Now what part of that do you not understand?

Do i believe the average American need a AR-15 to hunt with?

No, and in fact I hunt with a single shot shotgun, so no need for a gun like that. ( Ar-15 )

Some believe they need it but it is not needed and is overkill.

So as you attempt to make a strawman argument with me I will just calmly tell you that your argument about doing away with laws is just pure bullshit!
Dumba$$

Last edited:

Texas is a RED state, so that makes them a piece of shit? Arrogant aren't we. Thats a pretty broad bush stroke on people. Well, this is why we've been asking for sane immigration, so people who don't like us cant come here and use our freedoms, rights, and lawyers against us.

Forum List

Back