🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Hey Libs...why do tax cuts for our most productive suck?

BrokeLoser

Diamond Member
Sep 9, 2016
MEXIFORNIA
It seems there’s still lots of whining going on with regard to the tax cuts.
I’m curious, why do tax cuts suck?

There are lots of issues around this.

1) The most productive are also the ones using government services the most. Why shouldn't they pay for what they use?

2) The US has the WORST income inequality in the first world. This is because it's becoming harder and harder for small businesses to do well.

You have multinational businesses having money thrown at them by different levels of government. Often the amount of tax they're paying could be negative. Why?

3) Boom and bust has been shown to benefit the rich.

In 2008 to 2012, more or less, about 7 million people lost their homes because of the recession. Millions of people lost their jobs. Some of the rich, like Warren Buffett became even richer.

This doesn't benefit the US.

Massive tax cuts could potentially pump up the economy in the SHORT TERM, it's certainly not a sustainable course of action, especially with national debt rising and rising all the time.

The more you pump the economy, the worse the bust is, the worse it becomes for millions and millions of people.

Small businesses find existence harder and harder because of regulations. Government record keeping alone can crush a small business. Large companies have entire compliance departments that do nothing but churn government required paperwork. Add 200 hours of recordkeeping to a major business and it won't even require overtime. Thst same 200 hours can cause a small business to close its doors.

If we don't bleed the productive among us dry ... how can we pay for taking care of the unproductive?

During the recession my bankruptcy business was booming with people losing homes.

I have to say, in most cases they did it to themselves. Once someone starts using their homes as an atm, its iver. The borrowing against equity caused values to rise setting of a new round of borrowing. After the new furniture is purchased, the vacations taken, the silly investments failed, the properties were refinanced just to make the huge new mortgage payments. That's just about the time the value gets tapped out and the refinance money train stops. Naturally the loss of the home is going to be a disaster.

Tax cuts when the annual deficit is in the billions and the national dept is in the Trillions is stupid. Targeted tax cuts to the middle classes and working poor make sense. Cutting taxes to billion dollar corporations, some of which hire thousands of workers who need food stamps to get by is asinine.

There are lots of issues around this.

1) The most productive are also the ones using government services the most. Why shouldn't they pay for what they use?

2) The US has the WORST income inequality in the first world. This is because it's becoming harder and harder for small businesses to do well.

You have multinational businesses having money thrown at them by different levels of government. Often the amount of tax they're paying could be negative. Why?

3) Boom and bust has been shown to benefit the rich.

In 2008 to 2012, more or less, about 7 million people lost their homes because of the recession. Millions of people lost their jobs. Some of the rich, like Warren Buffett became even richer.

This doesn't benefit the US.

Massive tax cuts could potentially pump up the economy in the SHORT TERM, it's certainly not a sustainable course of action, especially with national debt rising and rising all the time.

The more you pump the economy, the worse the bust is, the worse it becomes for millions and millions of people.

Get rid of the foreign owned federal reserve central bank that extends credit from an empty checking account that charges usury for their paper fiat currency and NO one would have to pay a tax for bartering their labor. Putin kicked out the Rothschild central bank and their debt is like 200 billion dollars and they have trillions in resources. USA.INC? Their debt is 21 TRILLION dollars.......notice the difference?

During the recession my bankruptcy business was booming with people losing homes.

I have to say, in most cases they did it to themselves. Once someone starts using their homes as an atm, its iver. The borrowing against equity caused values to rise setting of a new round of borrowing. After the new furniture is purchased, the vacations taken, the silly investments failed, the properties were refinanced just to make the huge new mortgage payments. That's just about the time the value gets tapped out and the refinance money train stops. Naturally the loss of the home is going to be a disaster.
Or one could question the lack of regulation that allows banks to give out mortgage loans to people without enough income to sustain them? The way I see it, if a bank gives people a chance to own a house in the knowledge that they will get in financial trouble down the line in an effort to pay for that house it is the bank that is at fault. Not for nothing I'm European, my wife is American and in 2007 I personally saw her best friend being capable of borrowing over 200k when she was in a financial situation that would have caused her to be laughed out of my bank in Europe if she would have asked for that kind of money. So who's fault is it that she goes bankrupt? Hers or the fault of a system that allows borrowing like that?

That depends on wether you're rich or or not and what your views are on things like equality, the national debt, welfare etc.

So, if you're in love with the 1% and think people like Bill Gates, Zuckerberg or the Koch Brothers are bigly productive you probably think it's a wonderful idea

On the other hand, if you already have a $20 trillion debt and a yearly deficit of hundreds of $billions you might think that it would be a good idea to do something about that first before handing out more tax cuts to the 'productive' oligarchy

:coffee:

Tax cuts when the annual deficit is in the billions and the national dept is in the Trillions is stupid. Targeted tax cuts to the middle classes and working poor make sense. Cutting taxes to billion dollar corporations, some of which hire thousands of workers who need food stamps to get by is asinine.
Tax cuts to people who don't pay taxes makes sense? Only in the snowflake la-la land.

He doesn't pay income taxes, and that's what Trump cut.

I know, I thought it was about the principle of tax cuts in general though

I just wanted to point out that taxes are simply a fact of life and nobody can escape them, I imagine even a member of an undiscovered tribe in the Amazon has to pay a tribute to his chief when he goes hunting....

:smoke:

He doesn't pay income taxes, and that's what Trump cut.

I know, I thought it was about the principle of tax cuts in general though

I just wanted to point out that taxes are simply a fact of life and nobody can escape them, I imagine even a member of an undiscovered tribe in the Amazon has to pay a tribute to his chief when he goes hunting....

:smoke:
Slavery was a fact of life until the 19th Century.

Apparently you believe we should just accept it since it's a "fact of life."

Well, it's simply a fact that you can't have a society without some common things that everybody needs and everybody has to share (like roads, drinking water, a police force, fire department) and those have to be paid for so that implies taxes

:popcorn:

Cutting taxes to billion dollar corporations, some of which hire thousands of workers

You're so close to getting it. Just think a little harder.

If you are going to quote me, don't LIE by omission. My point for the reader was that many of the employees at Amazon are in need of aid, and receive food stamps.

The perceived richest man in the history of the world exploits the poorest peoples labor.

That you are okay with this, defines you as a Callous Conservative and evil.

That depends on wether you're rich or or not and what your views are on things like equality, the national debt, welfare etc.

So, if you're in love with the 1% and think people like Bill Gates, Zuckerberg or the Koch Brothers are bigly productive you probably think it's a wonderful idea

On the other hand, if you already have a $20 trillion debt and a yearly deficit of hundreds of $billions you might think that it would be a good idea to do something about that first before handing out more tax cuts to the 'productive' oligarchy

:coffee:

You didn’t really answer the question....”Why do tax cuts for our most productive suck?”

Equality is not and can not be controlled by Father Government...The People have the freedom to decide which path to take in their own lives. How are ‘bottom percenters’ affected by “national debt” and “deficits”?
Who doesn’t agree that welfare is over funded?

Forum List

Back