Hillary Claims She Tried to Join Marines!

Bottom line as it pertains to Hillary Clinton....

She had three choices the days following the Benghazi attack

1) Go with the information offered her by intel advisers saying it appeared to have been a planned terrorist attack
2) Go with her politically expedient excuse of blaming the attack on a protest that was spurred by an American exercising his first amendment right
3) Go with the typical mature response....we are collecting as much information as possible and will not guess at the cause until we have reviewed everything...

Yet...

She opted to blame it on our most sacred right (and most hated by many in the middle east)....the first amendment.

Enough said.
WTF? She did #1, so why are you bitching? The initial belief was an Al-Qaeda attack as a faction of Al-Qaeda claimed responsibility. That's what Hillary told Chelsea and the leader of Egypt that night. Where did she lie? By the next morning, Al-Qaeda rescinded their claims of responsibility and the CIA was informing the White House and State Department that the video spurred the attack. So again, where did she lie?
You have not been paying attention.
Within days it was determined to be a planned attack. Panetta, that day, told the white house it was a planned attack.
The fact that you fall for spin and rhetoric to cover her up is not my problem.
Start paying attention and stop being easily fooled by spin.
The CIA thinks you're an idiot. They told Republican-led hearings that they believed the video was the catalyst for the attack.
Exactly what I said...you fall for the spin and then put it into the words that make you feel warm and fuzzy.
What they said at the hearings was that the video was one consideration being looked into and they were not able to rule it out until they were able to get to the site.
And the weak minded like you took it as "we said it was the video"
Panetta said he immediately told the White House that the theory that had most evidence to support it was the theory that it was a well planned attack.

Pay attention. People are easily fooled with spin by this administration.
Then you must think Obama and Hillary managed to dupe 7 separate GOP-led inquiries and the rightwing media...

In the immediate aftermath of the attack, intelligence about who carried it out and why was contradictory, the report found. That led Susan Rice, then U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, to inaccurately assert that the attack had evolved from a protest, when in fact there had been no protest. But it was intelligence analysts, not political appointees, who made the wrong call, the committee found. The report did not conclude that Rice or any other government official acted in bad faith or intentionally misled the American people.

Read more at: House Intel Investigation on Benghazi Clears Administration, Intelligence Community of Wrongdoing | National Review Online

Bottom line as it pertains to Hillary Clinton....

She had three choices the days following the Benghazi attack

1) Go with the information offered her by intel advisers saying it appeared to have been a planned terrorist attack
2) Go with her politically expedient excuse of blaming the attack on a protest that was spurred by an American exercising his first amendment right
3) Go with the typical mature response....we are collecting as much information as possible and will not guess at the cause until we have reviewed everything...

Yet...

She opted to blame it on our most sacred right (and most hated by many in the middle east)....the first amendment.

Enough said.
WTF? She did #1, so why are you bitching? The initial belief was an Al-Qaeda attack as a faction of Al-Qaeda claimed responsibility. That's what Hillary told Chelsea and the leader of Egypt that night. Where did she lie? By the next morning, Al-Qaeda rescinded their claims of responsibility and the CIA was informing the White House and State Department that the video spurred the attack. So again, where did she lie?
You have not been paying attention.
Within days it was determined to be a planned attack. Panetta, that day, told the white house it was a planned attack.
The fact that you fall for spin and rhetoric to cover her up is not my problem.
Start paying attention and stop being easily fooled by spin.
The CIA thinks you're an idiot. They told Republican-led hearings that they believed the video was the catalyst for the attack.
you know, Faun, here is another example of what I am talking about.
Benghazi...
When asked why a full military recue team was not deployed, the administration said 'the military told us that we did not have enough time to get there...it would take 10 hours to brief, prep and engage'

When asked, the military agreed that yes, it would have taken 10 hours to get there.

And the administration said 'see, just as we told you'

And folks like you danced in the streets singing "Obama was right, the right is wrong"

Except for one thing...

At the opening minutes, how did Obama know the siege would be over in less than 10 hours? As it was, those brave souls held them off for nearly 9 hours....

When the military told him it will take 10 hours to get there, how did he know it would be over in one hour less?

THAT is how spin is used by this administration to fool the weak minded.
I don't really give a shit what you're talking about. No one wanted to take down Obama and Hillary over Benghazi more than the House and Senate Republicans. How do I know this? Because they have conducted 8 independent investigations into the matter. Every time an investigation turned up nothing, the GOP would crank up another investigation with the hopes and prayers it would yield better results.

It never did.

So you can shout BENGHAZI!! BENGHAZI!!!! BENGHAZI!!!!!!! until you pass out. There's nothing you can say that's going to convince anyone paying attention that the entire GOP were duped by Obama and/or Hillary -- 8 fucking times. :eusa_naughty:

FLASHBACK: Hillary Said She Tried To Join The Marines. There's No Evidence. The Media Never Checked It Out.

Maureen Dowd, writing for The New York Times, originally covered the story in 1994. She wrote:

Speaking at a lunch on Capitol Hill honoring military women, Hillary Rodham Clinton said that she once visited a recruiting office in Arkansas to inquire about joining the Marines. She told the group gathered for lunch in the Dirksen Office Building, according to The Associated Press, that she became interested in the military in 1975, the year she married Bill Clinton and the year she was teaching at the University of Arkansas law school in Fayetteville. She was 27 then, she said, and the Marine recruiter was about 21. She was interested in joining either the active forces or the reserves, she recalled, but was swiftly rebuffed by the recruiter, who took a dim view of her age and her thick glasses. "You're too old, you can't see and you're a woman," Mrs. Clinton said she was told, adding that the recruiter dismissed her by suggesting she try the Army. "Maybe the dogs would take you," she recalled the recruiter saying. "It was not a very encouraging conversation," she said. "I decided maybe I'll look for another way to serve my country."

Even Dowd at the time questioned the story. The story, said Dowd, “did not seem to fit in with the First Lady’s own persona,” given her identity as a peacenik opposing the Vietnam War and her Life magazine appearance “as an anti-establishment commencement speaker at Wellesley College.” And, as Dowd noted, Hillary told friends she only moved down to Arkansas to be with Bill. Dowd asks, rightly, “she had moved to Arkansas to be with Mr. Clinton, so why was she thinking about joining the Marines?”

As Jim Geraghty of National Review noted in 2007, Hillary’s story doesn’t hold water. Recruiters in 1975, after the end of the draft, would have killed to get Hillary in the service. And no, her eyesight wouldn’t have been a barrier.

In 2008, Bill Clinton tried to tell the same story about Hillary, only he said that she tried to join the Army instead of the Marines.

When Hillary was asked about this bizarre story in 2007, here was her answer, according to Michael Crowley at The New Republic:

I wedged in my second question: What should people make of the fact that she had briefly tried to enlist in the military? At this her eyes narrowed and she threw me a glare of mistrust. “I have very deep and quite broad relationships with people in the military,” she said. As for the meaning of the recruiting visit, “I can’t tell you,” she said with a dismissive wave. “You go look at that.”

Less than edifying.

Hillary has made similar claims about official discrimination about other government agencies. Earlier this year, she claimed that she wrote a letter to NASA when she was 13 saying she wanted to be an astronaut, but received a letter back saying she couldn’t because she was a woman. That would have been illegal under federal law.

She also infamously claimed that she survived sniper fire while flying into Bosnia in 1996: "I remember landing under sniper fire. There was supposed to be some kind of a greeting ceremony at the airport, but instead we just ran with our heads down to get into the vehicles to get to our base."

This was a lie.

The media have not checked Hillary’s Marine claim; they take it at face value. That’s because she’s not a black Republican.

Maureen Dowd?

Really??
You can't believe Dowd since she was quoting from the AP

"Speaking at a lunch on Capitol Hill honoring military women, Hillary Rodham Clinton said that she once visited a recruiting office in Arkansas to inquire about joining the Marines. She told the group gathered for lunch in the Dirksen Office Building, according to The Associated Press, that she became interested in the military in 1975, the year she married Bill Clinton and the year she was teaching at the University of Arkansas law school in Fayetteville."

Forum List

Back