Hillary: We have got to do something about gun violence in America

We need universal background checks, waiting periods, and gun buy backs.
How would any of these prevented this crime?
See, the problem you lunatic gun nuts have with incidents like this is cherrypicking individual incidents. When countries do the 3 things I've listed, homicide is reduced, but violence never goes away, that's impossible, however, the facts don't lie.
So... you admit you cannot describe how the things you want would have prevented this crime.
Thank you for playing.
Stricter background checks could have recognized this mans instability.. Then again, you can never completely stop gun violence, and people already have guns in mass numbers..
No, there was no background check that would have prevented it. Being "weird" is not a disqualifer for owning a gun.

The gun grabbers have nothing, they cannot stay on topic, they cannot address the point and they cannot stop lying. They are progressives, that's what they do.

“We have got to do something about gun violence in America,” Clinton said to the media Wednesday at a press conference in Moneta, Va. “I will take it on. There are many people who face it and know it, but then turn away because it’s hard. It’s a very political, difficult issue in America, but I believe we are smart enough, we are compassionate enough, to figure out how to balance the legitimate Second Amendment rights with preventive measures and control measures so that whatever motivated this murderer, who eventually took his own life, we will not see more deaths — needless, senseless deaths.
Obama, Hillary Clinton Speak Out on Gun Violence After Virginia TV Shootings
Good to see Hillary isn't above using the blood of innocents to push her mindless agenda.

Tell us: what "preventive measures" would have stopped this crime?
Surely, you're smart enough and compassionate enough, to figure it out. Right?

Stop it? Probably not

We are a second amendment nation. We have 300 million guns ready for you to resolve any grievance or conflict you may have. We are also a nation raised in a gun culture. Cowboys shooting it out in the street. Gangsters spraying machine guns.

Pissed at your boss? Heres a gun
Had it with your wife? Heres a gun
Guy cut you off in traffic? Heres a gun
Want to kill a bunch of first graders? Heres an AR-15

We need to admit that we prefer being an armed society than a safe society. People getting killed is a price we willingly pay
Gee, I've been pissed at my boss and I own a gun. I never shot him.
I've had it with my wife and I own a gun. I've never shot her.
I've had guys cut me off in traffic and I own a gun. I've never shot one.
I have no desire to kill anyone. And I own an AR15.
It's not the gun, idiot. It's the idiot.

See, the problem you lunatic gun nuts have with incidents like this is cherrypicking individual incidents. When countries do the 3 things I've listed, homicide is reduced, but violence never goes away, that's impossible, however, the facts don't lie.
So... you admit you cannot describe how the things you want would have prevented this crime.
Thank you for playing.
Stricter background checks could have recognized this mans instability.. Then again, you can never completely stop gun violence, and people already have guns in mass numbers..
No, there was no background check that would have prevented it. Being "weird" is not a disqualifer for owning a gun.

The gun grabbers have nothing, they cannot stay on topic, they cannot address the point and they cannot stop lying. They are progressives, that's what they do.
If they had the capacity to discuss issues like rational thinking people, they would not be anti-gun loons.

Thank you for playing.
I mentioned this a while ago; Dave ran away.
It was not illegal for this guy to buy a gun -- thus, he would pass any and every background check you care to throw at him.

“We have got to do something about gun violence in America,” Clinton said to the media Wednesday at a press conference in Moneta, Va. “I will take it on. There are many people who face it and know it, but then turn away because it’s hard. It’s a very political, difficult issue in America, but I believe we are smart enough, we are compassionate enough, to figure out how to balance the legitimate Second Amendment rights with preventive measures and control measures so that whatever motivated this murderer, who eventually took his own life, we will not see more deaths — needless, senseless deaths.
Good to see Hillary isn't above using the blood of innocents to push her mindless agenda.

Stop it? Probably not

We are a second amendment nation. We have 300 million guns ready for you to resolve any grievance or conflict you may have. We are also a nation raised in a gun culture. Cowboys shooting it out in the street. Gangsters spraying machine guns.

We need to admit that we prefer being an armed society than a safe society. People getting killed is a price we willingly pay

Very true

The challenge is how do we keep the guns away from the idiots?
We can start with keeping them away from criminals....background checks
We can keep them out of the hands of crazies....background checks
We can keep them out of the hands of wife beaters...background checks

But we cant have effective licensing or background checks because the gun nuts insist on.......except for gun shows, except for private sales

Lets face it....we cherish our guns more than we cherish our safety

With 300 million guns out there, there is not much we can do. We love our guns and have grown up looking at guns as a solution to our problems. Our heroes all used guns to shoot up the bad guys and save the day. We have our gun fantasies about facing down a bad guy and blowing him away

So, in order to maintain our fantasies we are willing to put up with 30,000 gun deaths a year. We are willing to have a murder rate four or five times that of other industrialized countries. We are willing to watch a news reporter assasinated on live TV, watch as a racist slaughters nine people praying.....shit, we even did nothing when twenty first graders were slaughtered

This is America and this is the life we have chosen

.01%

Universal Background checks! Assault Weapons bans! Waiting periods!
Never mind none of them would have prevented this. In fact nothing would have prevented this. But libs dont let reality stand in the way of their fantasies.

switzerland has mandatory gun ownership laws (for eligible people).Look at their murder rate.....spin that.

Switzerland has a large number of guns....they strictly control the distribution of bullets
I would gladly adopt Switzerlands gun laws
Uh thats wrong. Shooting is a popular sport and there are numerous public ranges that people use.
You bring nothing but stupidity, snark, and misinformation to every discussion.

The laws she comes up with, will only be obeyed by law-abiding people. And they aren't the ones causing the problems.
Gun owners are law abiding up until the point they no longer are

You may be pefectly law abiding up until the point you shoot your wife
Adam Lanza was law abiding up until he killed his mother and shot up the school
Yes, so what laws would prevent that while allowing law abiding people to own guns? Or is that the point?

Still looking for an example of gun control that would have prevented this crime.

With 300 million guns out there, there is not much we can do. We love our guns and have grown up looking at guns as a solution to our problems. Our heroes all used guns to shoot up the bad guys and save the day. We have our gun fantasies about facing down a bad guy and blowing him away

So, in order to maintain our fantasies we are willing to put up with 30,000 gun deaths a year. We are willing to have a murder rate four or five times that of other industrialized countries. We are willing to watch a news reporter assasinated on live TV, watch as a racist slaughters nine people praying.....shit, we even did nothing when twenty first graders were slaughtered

.01%

?

The laws she comes up with, will only be obeyed by law-abiding people. And they aren't the ones causing the problems.

Stupid reactionary paranoid garbage. Typical of you moron.

Our problem as a nation is that we are not reactionary

We watch as 30,000 Americans are killed by guns and shrug.......nothing we can do about it
We watch as 9 churchgoers are gunned down and shrug....nothing we can do about it
We watch as 20 first graders are slaughtered and shrug....nothing we can do about it
We watch as thousands are killed in car crashes and we do nothing about it.
We watch as hundreds of thousands fall off ladders and are killed or injured and do nothing about it.
We watch as thousands of kids drown in private pools and do nothing about it.

What do you propose to do about hte plethora of injuries due to ladders?

We don't need to do anything....let it just keep happening. We are too enamored by our firearms.
Ah. So you believe Hillary is acting unnecessarily.
Fair enough.
What has she proposed that is unnecessary?
That she become president.

and drunk drivers are legal til they have one too many and get behind the wheel.

Since you seem to have little to do, why dont' you invent the machine in Minority Report, then we can stop those deaths.

the guy belonged in a mental institution. Time to rebuild them and put assholes in them.

Nothing could have prevented this. Vester was culturally conditioned to kill white people. Everywhere he worked he filed complaints of racial harassment. Deprive him of a gun based on his past history, no matter how unbalanced, would be blaming the black victim of white bigotry.

Stop it? Probably not

Very true

The challenge is how do we keep the guns away from the idiots?
We can start with keeping them away from criminals....background checks
We can keep them out of the hands of crazies....background checks
We can keep them out of the hands of wife beaters...background checks

But we cant have effective licensing or background checks because the gun nuts insist on.......except for gun shows, except for private sales
How do we keep cars away from drunk drivers?
We license drivers
We tax cars.
Guess what: we still have drunks getting into cars and driving.
Background checks do not keep guns from anyone's hands except law abiding people. How often does this need to be stated before you understand this?

.01%

?

30.000 deaths caused by 300.000.000 guns

.01%

Stupid reactionary paranoid garbage. Typical of you moron.

Our problem as a nation is that we are not reactionary

We watch as 30,000 Americans are killed by guns and shrug.......nothing we can do about it
We watch as 9 churchgoers are gunned down and shrug....nothing we can do about it
We watch as 20 first graders are slaughtered and shrug....nothing we can do about it
We watch as thousands are killed in car crashes and we do nothing about it.
We watch as hundreds of thousands fall off ladders and are killed or injured and do nothing about it.
We watch as thousands of kids drown in private pools and do nothing about it.

What do you propose to do about hte plethora of injuries due to ladders?

Actually we have done quite a bit about it

We have licensing of drivers, strict insurance requirements, registration of vehicles (Why can't we do the same with guns?)
We have made cars safer, required seat belts and air bags
We have made roads safer
We have toughened laws against drunk driving

All have contributed to slash the number of automotive fatalities....yet when we try to propose the same for guns all we hear is....That won't work

.01%

?

30.000 deaths caused by 300.000.000 guns

.01%

Amazing...and when you look at 24 hours a day and 365 days a year the split second a bullet is actually killing someone is even a smaller percentage

Forum List

Back