🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Hillary won the popular vote ... so???

What would have happened if the rules in the last election were switched to popular vote?

• Hillary would still have won by the exact same 3 million popular vote margin

• Trump would have run a different campaign and won the popular vote

• It still would have been close, but there's no way to know who would have won

Results are only viewable after voting.
She got more popular votes than the cheeto. That makes her the winner in that one metric.
Cold comfort to us who voted for Clinton. But somehow, it’s impossible for you guys to admit.
YOU don't admit that she lost both the electoral vote AND the AMERICAN popular vote (ie. the PV minus millions of illegal aliens)

You have no verifiable statistics as to haw many illegals voted, who they voted for, or what states they voted in. Your post, and you, are shit.
Just so true. protectionist simply babbles his opinion as fact. End of story.

You are posting to the wrong post. I am discussing voter fraud.

The living Constitution began more than 200 years ago, and you are wrong, and we will leave it at that.

Are you as old as protectionist?

A wiki link as your evidence? :)

The silly alt righties keep making the silliest posts.

Clinton easily won the PV.

No one has ever provided convincing factual evidence of significant illegal alien voting fraud. Such just does not exist. I challenge anyone to provide such evidence. If it can't be provided, then the poster admits s/he is wrong on it.

Such a person, as is Doc1 above, would be a

View attachment 189950

The V does not determine the President, why don't you show where I even brought it up? I'll wait.

As to the point I DID bring up.....

"The earliest mentions of the Constitution as "living", particularly in the context of a new way of interpreting it, comes out of Woodrow Wilson's book Constitutional Government in the United States where he wrote: Living political constitutions must be Darwinian in structure and in practice.
Living Constitution - Wikipedia
UrlAdvisorGoodImage.png

Living Constitution - Wikipedia

Nope, sorry as is your habit you try and move the goal posts when you get cornered. Your opinion is nothing, I gave you the source where it all started. I have not brought up, or responded to anything concerning voter fraud. It has never been an "organic living document". It prescribes the method of it's change just as it prescribes how we handle our electoral process. As I said, you know nothing about it ;) Just like yo accused someone of changing your post, he did not. You are known, proven, lying troll.

You hear this from leftists all the time. It's irrelevant because that isn't how Presidential elections are run according to the Constitution. But this thread isn't about that. This thread is about how it's still irrelevant because:

1) Voters know if their candidate has a chance in their State. There are tens of millions of Republicans in California, New York, Illinois, Massachusetts, Maryland and other deep blue States who knew Trump had no chance. And there are millions of Democrats in deep red States. Three million is a small margin, there is no way to know who would have shown up or how they would have voted if we had different rules. Many Republicans voted for Gary Johnson (I know many of them) or didn't show up. And many leftists voted for Jill Stein or didn't show up

2) Neither Hillary nor Trump would have run the campaign they did if the election had different rules. That was decisive in this election as Trump won because he focused more on the light blue States in the Midwest than Hillary. Something he'd have never done if the rules were the popular vote

So Democrats, are you just lying or are you actually so stupid you really don't grasp this?

Why doesn't the right want ALL votes to be counted equally?

Why is it the Left despises the Constitution?
It gets in the way of free stuff.

Luddy doesn't understand what the Constitution says or why. He just says gimme, gimme gimme

Typical leftist, you love tyranny of the majority.

Explain what the intent of the founders was in designing our system. You don't know, do you?

And you love the tyranny of the minority.

Another leftist moron who doesn't know the difference between positive and negative rights.

And you don't know what the Constitution says or why regarding the EV.

You just lecture a country 80 times as large as you how we should run our country like you do. You're the ugly New Zealander

I love watching the con sillies try to educate us on what they clearly do not understand, both the Constitution and its enduring value.

Another leftist moron who doesn't know the difference between positive and negative rights.

You just lecture a country 80 times as large as you how we should run our country like you do. You're the ugly New Zealander

Fuck your positive and negative rights. What I do know is if you are a liberal in Texas your vote doesn't count in presidential elections. If you are a conservative in California and NY you vote doesn't count. In fact, the only votes that count are those in Ohio, Pennsylvania, Florida and maybe Michigan. The likes of Nevada and NH are swing states of sorts, but the EC votes they have are negligible to the result. As I said, a fucked system.

You are the Stupid American.

Fuck your positive and negative rights. What I do know is if you are a liberal in Texas your vote doesn't count in presidential elections. If you are a conservative in California and NY you vote doesn't count. In fact, the only votes that count are those in Ohio, Pennsylvania, Florida and maybe Michigan. The likes of Nevada and NH are swing states of sorts, but the EC votes they have are negligible to the result. As I said, a fucked system.

This is why you ALL are wrong. Because TOO MANY FOLKS are disenfranchised by the 2 party system. If you ran campaigns on the POPULAR vote, all those folks whose votes don't count would likely go to Indies and 3rd parties on the ballot. The 2 parties are so ARROGANT that they regularly DONT run a candidate for Congress in losing districts or states. They just "write off" their constituency and abandon them. About 10 to 15% of House seats go "uncontested" by the minority party or have dummy candidates or people hijacking the party name.

People need choices beyond the 2 parties. But the duopoly has literally built a wall to ballot entry. It's time to tear down the walls.

And Hillary's pop vote margin was SMALLER than the number of folks IN TOTAL voting against her if you INCLUDE Indies and 3rd parties. She LOST the pop vote when you measure all the votes FOR her and against her.

SO --- only having the POP Vote would KILL any 3rd party/Indie bids to get on ballots and make America STUCK with the 2 arrogant, inept, corrupt brand name parties. THAT'S why the Dems are pushing this farce..

Hillary LOST because of Jill Stein MORE than because of Trump...

Clinton got 7-8 million less than the majority

Trump got 10-11 million less than the majority

I would favor a form of parliamentary legislature but that will not happen in the US

Clinton got 7-8 million less than the majority

Trump got 10-11 million less than the majority

I would favor a form of parliamentary legislature but that will not happen in the US
Crazy Cali does not matter, they have no credibility

While KAZ deserves any artillery pointed at her/him for the innuendo if nothing else, I think you need to take the approach of not letting "great" be the enemy of "good". Everything you said is true and has been for the last 3-4 elections. There was a time in the 1980's when Reagan was winning California. Carter actually won Texas in 1976 (as did HHH, LBJ and JFK). Trends move. They move slowly but they do move.

What we have is far from perfect. I don't say that because my gal lost but because of your very words; disenfranchisement. The straight pop-vote alternative is not the answer though. You have 20 top media markets that will dominate and they are located in even fewer states than the EC puts in play.

I will say this about the straight pop-vote; instead of important but not pressing topics like immigration or defense being the subject of the elections, you'd have discussions about what is important to most people; crime, education, poverty, etc...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-04-25 at 9.38.11 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-25 at 9.38.11 PM.png
    50.9 KB · Views: 30

Now you're just on repeat and run mode. I asked you if you want to have a productive discussion to explain what the rational of the founders was and why it's wrong. You put on a dress and hid under the bed.

If you don't know shit about our Constitution, than you're not worth shit discussing with it.

Just go back to your expertise, Ugly New Zealander. Lecturing a nation of 350 million people with an open border to a third world shit hole with your ignorance about how we can blindly do what someone from a nation of 4 1/2 million people on islands in the middle of the ocean says worked there. Ignorance is your calling card

While KAZ deserves any artillery pointed at her/him for the innuendo if nothing else, I think you need to take the approach of not letting "great" be the enemy of "good". Everything you said is true and has been for the last 3-4 elections. There was a time in the 1980's when Reagan was winning California. Carter actually won Texas in 1976 (as did HHH, LBJ and JFK). Trends move. They move slowly but they do move.

What we have is far from perfect. I don't say that because my gal lost but because of your very words; disenfranchisement. The straight pop-vote alternative is not the answer though. You have 20 top media markets that will dominate and they are located in even fewer states than the EC puts in play.

I will say this about the straight pop-vote; instead of important but not pressing topics like immigration or defense being the subject of the elections, you'd have discussions about what is important to most people; crime, education, poverty, etc...

The left doesn't even care. Four and eight years ago, you were celebrating EV with the rest of the Democrats. It's just bitterness they lost with a jolt of Trump Derangement Syndrome on top of it

I still find it funny as hell that Hillary can start with her own husband, Bill Clinton, when she begins reading off the list of people to blame for her loss. As posted last night, Bill Clinton talked to Trump and told him he should run for President before he threw his name into the ring to od so.

Here it is, Hilary's 'It's my Turn' moment, and Trump recruits the GOP candidate that ends up beating his wife to win the Presidency.

Bwuhahahaha!

Now you're just on repeat and run mode. I asked you if you want to have a productive discussion to explain what the rational of the founders was and why it's wrong. You put on a dress and hid under the bed.

If you don't know shit about our Constitution, than you're not worth shit discussing with it.

Just go back to your expertise, Ugly New Zealander. Lecturing a nation of 350 million people with an open border to a third world shit hole with your ignorance about how we can blindly do what someone from a nation of 4 1/2 million people on islands in the middle of the ocean says worked there. Ignorance is your calling card

Uh-uh. You're the one on your Bully pulpit. Do tell Oh Fountain of All Knowledge, what was the rationale of those who wrote the Constitution.

The left doesn't even care. Four and eight years ago, you were celebrating EV with the rest of the Democrats. It's just bitterness they lost with a jolt of Trump Derangement Syndrome on top of it

Pfft…

I was celebrating the Obama victory. It was just easier to rub your nose in it by stating 332-206 instead of 65,915,795-60,933,504.
You’re such a snowflake.

four and eight years ago, the EV reflected what the popular vote did, and what the people wanted.

The thing is, every day Trump demonstrates that the Electoral College got it wrong. Shit, Fox News had to shut him down in mid-rant yesterday.

Forum List

Back