Hippy-dippy 'Trader Joe's' shifting employees to Obamacare due to high costs.

Sunni Man

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2008
ObamaCare just became very real for some Trader Joe's employees. Part-timers who work fewer than 30 hours a week will no longer be covered by the company plan starting next year—instead, they will pick their insurance policy from the exchanges being created under the Affordable Care Act.

The company, which has a sterling reputation in terms of the benefits it offers its part-time staff, will provide each worker with a $500 stipend. Between that "and the tax credits available under the ACA, many of you should be able to obtain health care coverage at very little if any net cost to you," says the company memo.

John Nolte at Breitbart writes that it's a sign employers are afraid their health care costs will "explode" under ObamaCare and are looking to cut benefits.

Trader Joe's Shifting Some Part-Timers to ObamaCare - Those under 30 hours will use insurance exchanges next year

Why is good quality and low prices considered "hippy-dippy"?

Make you a bet those who bad mouth TJ's have never shopped there.

And, as always, Polly contributes garbled lies.

Very few companies give full time benefits to part time employees. Or, are you rw's saying that TJs is the only one who does not?

Why is good quality and low prices considered "hippy-dippy"?

Make you a bet those who bad mouth TJ's have never shopped there.

And, as always, Polly contributes garbled lies.

Very few companies give full time benefits to part time employees. Or, are you rw's saying that TJs is the only one who does not?

LOL, I love Trader Joe's...but you miss the central point...which does not surprise me.

Wal-Mart has been doing that for years. Did Breitbart complain then?
At least, unlike Wal-Mart, TJs pays good salaries.

Last edited:
Trader Joes is all over the place around here. Almosr everything they sell is their own brand so no one is ever sure where their stuff comes from. Lots of organic and specialty stuff. I go there sometimes but they have a very high recall on their products so I keep my fingers crossed no matter what I get.

Lots of Obama and old Hillary bumper stickers on the cars at the Trader Joe's parking lot close to where I live.

That should tell you something........ :cool:

Lots of Obama and old Hillary bumper stickers on the cars at the Trader Joe's parking lot close to where I live.

when did you become such a judge mental fuck?

your bitterness is due to your lack of cookie butter!

Trader Joe's Speculoos cookie butter is back on shelves - CultureMap Dallas
LOL....... I am going there today and buy a jar of that cooking butter.

Will do update tomorrow. :eusa_angel:

... John Nolte at Breitbart writes that it's a sign employers are afraid their health care costs will "explode" under ObamaCare and are looking to cut benefits ...

Nonsense. It's the capitalists' act of worship. Greed is their creed.

Wal-Mart has been doing that for years. Did Breitbart complain then?
At least, unlike Wal-Mart, TJs pays good salaries.

Good point. As I recall, for every job Walmart creates, they destroy 1.4 existing jobs. The existing jobs may or may not have good benefits but one thing's for sure, the Walmart jobs don't. Walmart tells its employees to apply for Medicaid.

One time I thought I saw a black person at Trader Joe's.........but it was just a guy with a very dark tan. .. :lol:

ObamaCare just became very real for some Trader Joe's employees. Part-timers who work fewer than 30 hours a week will no longer be covered by the company plan starting next year—instead, they will pick their insurance policy from the exchanges being created under the Affordable Care Act.

The company, which has a sterling reputation in terms of the benefits it offers its part-time staff, will provide each worker with a $500 stipend. Between that "and the tax credits available under the ACA, many of you should be able to obtain health care coverage at very little if any net cost to you," says the company memo.

John Nolte at Breitbart writes that it's a sign employers are afraid their health care costs will "explode" under ObamaCare and are looking to cut benefits.

Trader Joe's Shifting Some Part-Timers to ObamaCare - Those under 30 hours will use insurance exchanges next year

Obama dumpd a load of shit on America's businesses. Well, guess what. It would seem you have to be smarter to run a successful business than to get elected to public office. They are just dumping his load of shit back to him with interest. The death knell has sounded for the company insurance policy.

Last edited:

when did you become such a judge mental fuck?

your bitterness is due to your lack of cookie butter!

Trader Joe's Speculoos cookie butter is back on shelves - CultureMap Dallas
Update: Went to Trader Joe's and bought some 'Cookie Butter'.

Pretty good stuff......I'm going to give a jar to my grankids.....I know they will love it. .. :thup:

While I was there I saw some 'Sunflower Butter'...... gotta try that next. .. :cool:

Insurance companies had to send checks back to clients because the "LAW" says they must spend at least 80% on the people who are paying for the policies.

Republicans find this outrageous and are screaming bloody murder it's NOT FAIR. Insurance companies should be able to gouge who ever they can for as mush as they can.

Republicans find this outrageous and are screaming bloody murder it's NOT FAIR. Insurance companies should be able to gouge who ever they can for as mush as they can.
'Mush' which is an apt description of your brain rdean. . :cuckoo: :lol: :lol:

Forum List

Back