Hire an illegal, lose your business license

SassyIrishLass

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2009
Common sense law and a state doing what the feds refuse to do.

Hire Illegals, Lose Your Business License – State Bill Puts Americans First

A new bill introduced in the Indiana General Assembly on Thursday could finally mark the beginning of responsible, citizen-first labor policies in the United States. While the federal government consistently chooses to defy the will and the interests of the people, state governments in many ways still maintain the ability to act on our behalf, if they choose to do so.

The legislation, Senate Bill 285, would be among the strictest in the nation, allowing judges to strip employers of their business licenses upon a third violation of knowingly hiring an illegal alien, already a violation of federal immigration law.

The bill was introduced by State Senator Mike Delph, a Republican representing Carmel, in order to “take away the jobs magnet and remove the financial incentive of unscrupulous business people who profit off of illegal immigration.”

Two of his fellow Republican colleagues have already signed onto the bill, including key Senate Pensions and Labor Committee Chairman Phil Boots of Crawfordville. His committee must pass the measure prior to a full Senate vote.

This is an obvious piece of America-first legislation, the kind of concept that is so difficult for the US Congress to grasp, preferring to simply do nothing, fund amnesty and cast meaningless show votes. They claim to oppose illegal aliens taking American jobs and driving down wages but their actions tell a much different story.

Hire Illegals, Lose Your Business License - State Bill Puts Americans First, Illegals In A Moving Van ⋆ UFP NEWS

How long before the citizens of Indiana start complaining about outrageous labor costs and $10-a-head lettuce?

About the same time people will bemoan a $7 hamburger due to increased minimum wages
And it is being cooked by someone with a bachelors degree because all the poor people got fired or replaced with a computer because they don't want to pay someone 15 bucks an hour to do something a helen keller chimp can do.

How long before the citizens of Indiana start complaining about outrageous labor costs and $10-a-head lettuce?

The $10 a head per lettuce is a myth put out there by dishonest and dishonorable people.

I'm more disturbed by the fact that the state requires you to have a license in order to start a business.

Here is a link to bill for those interested in reading the language:

Senate Bill 285 - Employment of unauthorized aliens

It could be tricky having the state prove that the business 'knowingly' employed an illegal alien.

It's very easy to run a social security number to see if it's valid
Admittedly, when it comes to these hiring processes I am quite ignorant.

How can I verify employees’ Social Security numbers?

when i hire someone, they fill out the W4 form, then i pay them as well as their payroll taxes.

employers are not immigration agencies...

Recordkeeping Requirements

After the employee completes and signs the Form W-4, you must keep it in your records for at least 4 years (See Publication 15, (Circular E), Employer's Tax Guide)). This form serves as verification that you are withholding federal income tax according to the employee's instructions and needs to be available for inspection should the IRS ever request it. Form W-4 is still subject to review. You may be directed (in a written notice or in future published guidance) to send certain Forms W-4 to the IRS. You must be able to supply a hardcopy of an electronic Form W-4.

Tax Topics - Topic 753 Form W-4 – Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate

when i hire someone, they fill out the W4 form, then i pay them as well as their payroll taxes.

After the employee completes and signs the Form W-4, you must keep it in your records for at least 4 years (See Publication 15, (Circular E), Employer's Tax Guide)). This form serves as verification that you are withholding federal income tax according to the employee's instructions and needs to be available for inspection should the IRS ever request it. Form W-4 is still subject to review. You may be directed (in a written notice or in future published guidance) to send certain Forms W-4 to the IRS. You must be able to supply a hardcopy of an electronic Form W-4.

They will be in Indiana...it's easy to confirm a social, my mom has done it for years

Your reasoning is sound but the price of lettuce won't rise to that extreme. Maybe a quarter more or so but not such an extreme.

Common sense law and a state doing what the feds refuse to do.

Hire Illegals, Lose Your Business License – State Bill Puts Americans First

A new bill introduced in the Indiana General Assembly on Thursday could finally mark the beginning of responsible, citizen-first labor policies in the United States. While the federal government consistently chooses to defy the will and the interests of the people, state governments in many ways still maintain the ability to act on our behalf, if they choose to do so.

The legislation, Senate Bill 285, would be among the strictest in the nation, allowing judges to strip employers of their business licenses upon a third violation of knowingly hiring an illegal alien, already a violation of federal immigration law.

The bill was introduced by State Senator Mike Delph, a Republican representing Carmel, in order to “take away the jobs magnet and remove the financial incentive of unscrupulous business people who profit off of illegal immigration.”

Two of his fellow Republican colleagues have already signed onto the bill, including key Senate Pensions and Labor Committee Chairman Phil Boots of Crawfordville. His committee must pass the measure prior to a full Senate vote.

This is an obvious piece of America-first legislation, the kind of concept that is so difficult for the US Congress to grasp, preferring to simply do nothing, fund amnesty and cast meaningless show votes. They claim to oppose illegal aliens taking American jobs and driving down wages but their actions tell a much different story.

Hire Illegals, Lose Your Business License - State Bill Puts Americans First, Illegals In A Moving Van ⋆ UFP NEWS
If every state follow suit we won't need the wall...save the Mexicans a lot of money!

They will be in Indiana...it's easy to confirm a social, my mom has done it for years

that's not the role of an employer, nor should it be...

Social Security: 5 Surprising Facts About Noncitizens and Benefits -- The Motley Fool

Forum List

Back