hmmm..gun crime is going down...as more people own and carry guns....

Apparently, gun crime is on the decline....anti gunners, you may start weeping now, your strongest tool, dead, innocent men, women and children may be decreasing in number....

Gun Crime Trends In The United States Extrano s Alley a gun blog

Someone came by searching for “gun crime trends in the united states.

I will have a graphic of gun related crimes reported to the FBI after the Uniform Crime Report for 2013 makes its appearance.

However, Table 2 of the Bureau of Justice Statistics National Crime Survey shows gun related crime declined from 427,700 in 2012 to 290,620 in 2013.(pdf)

That is a decline in the victimization rate from 180 to 130 per 100,000 Americans aged 12 years and older. That is a 27.7 percent decline in total gun related crime in one year.

More spectacularly, the CVS’ Table 2 reports there were an estimated 552,040 crimes committed or facilitated with a gun 1n 2006, for a 47.26 percent decline in eight years.

Why? When all else has been eliminated, what remains must be the truth. All else has been eliminated, and the only credible reason for the decline is the purchase of some 73 million new guns in that eight year period.

The factors that should increase violent crime rates such as earlier release, the end of “three strikes,” the declining arrest rates and other factors are more than nullified by the increasing numbers of people arming themselves for their own protection.

This is, of course, the other side of the gun debate that the anti gunners never mention....we have more people buying and carrying guns for protection...and the violent crime rate is going down, not up....

So, once we get control of violent criminal gangs in democrat controlled inner cities...which make up most of our violent crime rate, we will have violent crime levels comparable to Europe....

Without giving up our guns....

This is the argument you are going to use? To begin with, a very big percentage of gun crimes are poor on poor crimes, mostly involving gang members. Secondly, crime as a whole tends to go down when the economy gets better. The economy has been getting much better, so surprise, the crime rate is dropping.
There is an old time tested fact about the price of gas and the economy.
Gas comes down it's because demand is down. Gas goes up is because of unrest in the middle east, or demand goes up. What is gas doing now?

I'm curious....would most people on this thread accept a homicide rate of, say, 4 times that of any developed country to be success or failure of gun laws?

BigReb -

No, I am talking to someone who rarely discusses any topic in complete and coherent sentences. Let's try again:

Would you accept a homicide rate of, say, 4 times that of any developed country to be success or failure of gun laws?

BigReb -

No, I am talking to someone who rarely discusses any topic in complete and coherent sentences. Let's try again:

Would you accept a homicide rate of, say, 4 times that of any developed country to be success or failure of gun laws?
I told you already, it is acceptable to me that all liberals die. The end.

Big Reb -

Do you consider yourself a traitor?

Because to my mind anyone who finds it acceptable that half of Americans might die is most definitely a traitor.

BigReb -

Give it up Saigon. Apparently you`re dropping your bucket down a dry well.
Apparently, gun crime is on the decline....anti gunners, you may start weeping now, your strongest tool, dead, innocent men, women and children may be decreasing in number....

Someone came by searching for “gun crime trends in the united states.

I will have a graphic of gun related crimes reported to the FBI after the Uniform Crime Report for 2013 makes its appearance.

However, Table 2 of the Bureau of Justice Statistics National Crime Survey shows gun related crime declined from 427,700 in 2012 to 290,620 in 2013.(pdf)

That is a decline in the victimization rate from 180 to 130 per 100,000 Americans aged 12 years and older. That is a 27.7 percent decline in total gun related crime in one year.

More spectacularly, the CVS’ Table 2 reports there were an estimated 552,040 crimes committed or facilitated with a gun 1n 2006, for a 47.26 percent decline in eight years.

Why? When all else has been eliminated, what remains must be the truth. All else has been eliminated, and the only credible reason for the decline is the purchase of some 73 million new guns in that eight year period.

The factors that should increase violent crime rates such as earlier release, the end of “three strikes,” the declining arrest rates and other factors are more than nullified by the increasing numbers of people arming themselves for their own protection.

This is, of course, the other side of the gun debate that the anti gunners never mention....we have more people buying and carrying guns for protection...and the violent crime rate is going down, not up....

So, once we get control of violent criminal gangs in democrat controlled inner cities...which make up most of our violent crime rate, we will have violent crime levels comparable to Europe....

GUN Ownership is declining in the USA. The fewer that do own guns, own more of them.

THAT could be part of this conundrum that the 'gun bloggers' didn't consider.....

fewer Americans own guns now, according to the stats....

Analysis Fewer U.S. gun owners own more guns - CNN.com
Doesn't matter if they own them or not, open carry laws mean you don't know who may be packing. The result? Less crime. Criminals won't approach you if they think you may be carrying a gun.
doesn't open carry require your gun to be visible? So everyone can see if you have a gun?

have these laws changed?

my state has always been open carry...except in a bar, a school, or a court...and up to a business to make their own rules...
Open carry, concealed carry. Either way, they ain't gonna mess with ya.
Really? No armed law enforcement officer has ever been gunned down? I never knew.

BigReb -

GUN Ownership is declining in the USA. The fewer that do own guns, own more of them.

THAT could be part of this conundrum that the 'gun bloggers' didn't consider.....

Doesn't matter if they own them or not, open carry laws mean you don't know who may be packing. The result? Less crime. Criminals won't approach you if they think you may be carrying a gun.
doesn't open carry require your gun to be visible? So everyone can see if you have a gun?

have these laws changed?

my state has always been open carry...except in a bar, a school, or a court...and up to a business to make their own rules...
Really? No armed law enforcement officer has ever been gunned down? I never knew.
She would direct her comment to you if she was looking for a dry well.

Last edited:
BigReb -

have these laws changed?

Good strategy. Find the rare exception and present it as the norm.

Big Reb -

Because to my mind anyone who finds it acceptable that half of Americans might die is most definitely a traitor.
I consider liberals traitors.

Is there any reason they should not consider you a traitor as well?

Afterall, you are the one here who would accept half of the population being killed. I don't hear liberal calling for that.

S.J-

I pray Bigeb IS the exception. I don't know many Americans who would accept killing anyone who disagrees with their politics.

Big Reb -

I consider liberals traitors.

Is there any reason they should not consider you a traitor as well?

Afterall, you are the one here who would accept half of the population being killed. I don't hear liberal calling for that.
Liberals are the enemy of America that maybe hard for you to comprehend since you don't live here nor share the same values as someone who cares for this country. The only thing I have in common with liberals is that we speak the same language

Forum List

Back