Hoarder Dies When House Collapses From All Her Stuff

I've watched that hoarder show on TV and except for 2 cases everyone has been white. Are there any stats on the racial makeup on this disorder or is it like the shows that depict primarily Blacks and Hispanics on the crime shows?

I've watched that hoarder show on TV and except for 2 cases everyone has been white. Are there any stats on the racial makeup on this disorder or is it like the shows that depict primarily Blacks and Hispanics on the crime shows?

Interesting observation. It does seem as though hoarders are mostly white people lol

A Connecticut woman who police described as an apparent hoarder was found dead Saturday after the first floor of her house collapsed under the weight of all her clutter.

Hoarder Dies When House Collapses Under Weight of Clutter - TIME

Anyone know any hoarders?

I do.

Crazy affliction.

Guy that lives down the street. Nice guy, but his obsession has cost him two wives and his children will no longer have anything to do with him and he's never even seen his 2 grandchildren.

Rumor has it he spent a nice inheritance on the stuff inside his house. Window blinds are always shut, blinds were installed so you can't see inside the garage and now stuff is piling up outside. We hear that he is now living inside a car parked in the garage.

Very sad.

Last edited:
My in laws live next to this guy that did the same thing. This guy was financially independent since his 20's. His kids never came to visit him and he lived with a dog. One day he was calling for someone to help him and we broke open the back door. The house was literally stacked with stuff almost to the ceiling. Some boxes had fallen on him and almost buried him alive. To this day I cant get the smell of that house out of my mind.

My aunt.

One day, I showed up for a visit and saw a couple people outside looking through her things, thinking it was a yard sale.

I wouldn't call myself a hoarder, but I probably should throw some of these beer cans away this year.

They're similar. We hoarde you guys shoot guns at one another. Which hood would you rather live in?

They're similar. We hoarde you guys shoot guns at one another. Which hood would you rather live in?

The one that shoots. I cant stand filth.

The one that shoots. I cant stand filth.

Well played Blastoff :)

My sister in law. Not as bad as what is on that tv show, but it would be if I hadn't have ragged her to NOT bring it when she and BIL moved in. And I had to say on her ass too. Since they have moved...she is now hoarding at her DIL's. It's her problem now.

I can't stand filth either. My mindset is...if it won't fit in a tipi...I don't need it.

I currently know a hoarder, have been in the home. Nice house, middle class or more, tri-level. You step in to a thick cloud of cig smoke. From the landing you can see stuff crowded right to the steps leading down. No way could you go into the upper level. Go down the steps to a small room with a couch you can barely make out, full ashtrays, stuff, junk, VCR tapes and just enough space for one on the couch. Only other room is a tiny kitchen with a refrigerator, sink, microwave. Stove is buried as is a table and chairs. Computer and a stool. That's it. That's their entire living space.

This is the mother, son I've written about. She recently had a heart attack and ambulance crew couldn't get to her. Not sure how they got her out. The son does nothing. The house was paid for when the husband died and left huge insurance.

As for any race being more likely to hoard - this is a mental health issue triggered by loss. In this case, the death of the husband. Any race can suffer catastrophic loss and people react differently to loss of a lived one.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

I carefully suggested these people sell on eBay or just have yard sales. That was met with a barrage of reasons they couldn't do that. The son has hinted that, in the event of his mothers death, he would like to come live in one of our rentals.

Ain't gonna happen but I have no idea what he will do or how he will live.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

Yeah, these white hoarders are trying to keep black people from getting anything.

Forum List

Back